Need your help!

On 6/12/2020 at 8:57 PM, troccoli said:

Hello everyone.  I don't think it's any big secret that GNR is planning on releasing a UYI boxset sometime in the future, like they did for Appetite and Lies.  Before we even get into it, I cannot guarantee that GNR will ever release this, I am just told that it is being planned.  But they are in the research stage now but, as you can imagine, there is a ton to go through.  I am referring to audio and video.  For example the Bob Clearmountain mixes of UYI that Tom Zutaut mentioned.  Since there's so much, they thought it might be easier to ask you guys what to look for, i.e., what you would like to see in the box.  Of course I will take any feedback offered, but more along the lines of rare recordings, shows we don't already have audio/video of, things that are theorized to exist, etc.  Or even stuff you have that GNR/the label/etc. might not have. 

Please keep in mind that I can't guarantee any credit or anything like that.  I'd imagine you would get credit if they end up using something from your collection that they didn't have, but otherwise I kind of doubt it.  But this is your chance to speak (indirectly) to the label about what you want to see in this boxset.  No, not interested in any ideas regarding pricing, knick knacks, etc.  Just audio/video.  So let me know (either reply here, PM, email, FB message, etc.), and I will pass on the info.  Lastly, I just want to say that even if you know the label has something and you want to see it in the boxset, I can't guarantee anything. 

Thanks everyone, you rock! rock3:headbang:

Hey mate. Has there been any progress/updates fed back to you on the suggestions? 👍

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, troccoli said:

Not yet, but sometimes they don't reply for a while.  Plus you got fires, the pandemic, and everything else going on right now.

Oh yeah - I’d agree there is much more important stuff going on in life. 👍

I’m looking forward to whenever it’s actually released - something to look forward to.

• Like 1

There are millions of people who still have to do and, in fact, do their hard jobs on daily basis besides everything going on in California, in the US and in the world. 

But GNR aren’t able to compile and to release  a music boxset?! Yeah right. I feel so sorry for them and their tough lifes.  

I know that the fires are huge and dangerous problem. But as far as I know, even though, life goes on In California and its citizens go to work everyday. 

Hence, As long as the houses of GNR aren’t burning or anyone of them or their families have to deal with a Covid-19 infection, there is NO (!) excuse for the lack of some proper release. I cannot hear this bullshit excuses anymore. 

Edited by zigzagbigbag
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

Yeah right. I feel so sorry for them and their tough lifes fans

There, fixed it for ya. :D

Also, last time California (Malibu) was on fire, Slash was quitting the band, remember? So I guess we should be glad the band still goes on, haha. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zigzagbigbag said:

There are millions of people who still have to do and, in fact, do their hard jobs on daily basis besides everything going on in California, in the US and in the world. 

But GNR aren’t able to compile and to release  a music boxset?! Yeah right. I feel so sorry for them and their tough lifes.  

I know that the fires are huge and dangerous problem. But as far as I know, even though, life goes on In California and its citizens go to work everyday. 

Hence, As long as the houses of GNR aren’t burning or anyone of them or their families have to deal with a Covid-19 infection, there is NO (!) excuse for the lack of some proper release. I cannot hear this bullshit excuses anymore. 

To be fair @troccolionly said they (the record company) hadn’t been back in touch and that in itself isn’t out the ordinary. So the comments re wildfires/pandemics was an observation - not an absolute excuse!

• Like 2

On 8/14/2020 at 6:51 AM, surforia said:

Not sure if you guys saw this, but Linkin Park just announced a reissue SDE box.  It’s got 3 vinyl albums, 5 CDs with some containing unreleased demos, b-sides, etc., 3 DVDs featuring a documentary, backstage footage, 2 entire live shows and another 90 minutes of unreleased live footage, a cassette tape, an 80 page book and some trinkets - $200.  

I’m not a fan of Linkin Park but here’s another example of a band celebrating an important album in a way that I think is cool.  The only thing this set is missing is a 5.1 or Atmos mix.

I am hopeful that we’ll get something like this for UYI, but I suspect I’m setting myself up to be either let down with the content or forced to spend $500+ to get it.  Being a gnfnr fan really f’n sux.

https://eurostore.warnermusic.com/eu/hybrid-theory-20th-anniversary-edition-super-deluxe-box-set-32.html

That looks awesome.  I don't know.  I"m not a fan of forcing the purchase of an LP box set when I want everything in the deluxe *except* the LP.

I hope GNR strikes the middle group and releases a CD box set, and an LP box set as well.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/18/2020 at 5:57 AM, BigVanVader said:

That looks awesome.  I don't know.  I"m not a fan of forcing the purchase of an LP box set when I want everything in the deluxe *except* the LP.

I hope GNR strikes the middle group and releases a CD box set, and an LP box set as well.

I agree. I’d rather they’d keep the two different formats separate.

BTW, does anyone think the band would consider releasing the TSI tracks with Izzy’s guitar restored thru this box set? Or does it not make a shit of a difference, at this point?

3 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I used to think this, but in hindsight, I’m glad they did two albums, and not just one.

Perhaps I need to give them more of a listen. I suppose I'd always prefer more material over less or no material. 

If My World can make it on a GN'R record, that gives me hope for State of Grace and Eye on You making a GN'R record :)

5 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Definitely not.....although My World is a definite 'I'll pass thanks' moment for me..

I definitely prefer a song that a no song. 

And My World is a good Axl drug experiment. I would to hear a good extended version of that one.

1 hour ago, axlvai said:

I definitely prefer a song that a no song. 

And My World is a good Axl drug experiment. I would to hear a good extended version of that one.

Weirdly, I'd probably prefer an extended version to the one on the album. Might work a bit better for me. As it stands, I'd probably rather it wasn't there. I used to always stop the album before it! 

47 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Weirdly, I'd probably prefer an extended version to the one on the album. Might work a bit better for me. As it stands, I'd probably rather it wasn't there. I used to always stop the album before it! 

An extenden version with a new unreleasing songs or what? I didnt understand what u mean.

With MyWorld personally... i didnt have a good sound experience until i were in my 30s... so when u have some good files with pro headphones plus some "grass" that change my point of view.

Edited by axlvai

2 hours ago, axlvai said:

An extenden version with a new unreleasing songs or what? I didnt understand what u mean.

With MyWorld personally... i didnt have a good sound experience until i were in my 30s... so when u have some good files with pro headphones plus some "grass" that change my point of view.

That I'd prefer an extended version to the one on the album. Weirdly, it might work better if it was longer. 

35 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

That I'd prefer an extended version to the one on the album. Weirdly, it might work better if it was longer. 

With a sweet Pitman intro, some Josh or Brain drums, and a killer Buckethead solo, it could work! As it exists, it makes Silkworms look like TWAT. :D

• Haha 1

Shit, I'm way out of the loop, apparently (despite really still being a daily visitor for like the past 16 years) but Tim works for/with the band now?  Wow that's awesome.

The Illusion era and albums are the holy grail for me; no question (I'm also of the percentage of people who's never believed they have any 'filler' on them, anywhere lol). 

Honestly anything related to the Illusions, I'm way into.  All video (especially stuff from 91, holy shit...), alt mixes, etc.  Don't really care that much about merch (unless it's reprints of original designs; not new stuff [but i'd buy all everything, regardless, lol]) but yeah, I guess I'd say I'd desire unseen video, mostly (and unheard tracks, too, obviously)

• Like 4