Need your help!

1 minute ago, troccoli said:

To be clear, I don't have anything unreleased in terms of songs and/or video.  From the standpoint of memorabilia, if they decide to do another book and/or mementos, I would imagine the answer would be yes then, quite a lot.  But we haven't even gotten to that discussion yet.

Sorry, should have said, yeah I meant memorabilia there. 

Ok great. Thanks for keeping us informed with this! 

• Like 1

I think a good option for release would be a live album and/or live Blu-Ray containing a compilation of the Madison Square Garden dates that were in 12/09/1991, 12/10/1991 and 12/13/1991. (Because in that way, it would have a larger amount of songs, strong and solid performances and some rare songs people enjoy like Perfect Crime, Breakdown, Locomotive and even My Michelle which is kind of rare in the UYI Tour)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 6/12/2020 at 4:57 PM, troccoli said:

Hello everyone.  I don't think it's any big secret that GNR is planning on releasing a UYI boxset sometime in the future, like they did for Appetite and Lies.  Before we even get into it, I cannot guarantee that GNR will ever release this, I am just told that it is being planned.  But they are in the research stage now but, as you can imagine, there is a ton to go through.  I am referring to audio and video.  For example the Bob Clearmountain mixes of UYI that Tom Zutaut mentioned.  Since there's so much, they thought it might be easier to ask you guys what to look for, i.e., what you would like to see in the box.  Of course I will take any feedback offered, but more along the lines of rare recordings, shows we don't already have audio/video of, things that are theorized to exist, etc.  Or even stuff you have that GNR/the label/etc. might not have. 

Please keep in mind that I can't guarantee any credit or anything like that.  I'd imagine you would get credit if they end up using something from your collection that they didn't have, but otherwise I kind of doubt it.  But this is your chance to speak (indirectly) to the label about what you want to see in this boxset.  No, not interested in any ideas regarding pricing, knick knacks, etc.  Just audio/video.  So let me know (either reply here, PM, email, FB message, etc.), and I will pass on the info.  Lastly, I just want to say that even if you know the label has something and you want to see it in the boxset, I can't guarantee anything. 

Thanks everyone, you rock! rock3:headbang:

The only thing I care is a "Crash Diet", "Sentimental Movie", "Bring Back Home", "Too Much Too Soon", "Locomotive (Demo with Steven on Drums)" good quality version!

2 minutes ago, Legendador said:

The only thing I care is a "Crash Diet", "Sentimental Movie", "Bring Back Home", "Too Much Too Soon", "Locomotive (Demo with Steven on Drums)" good quality version!

OH! And the "Perfect Crime" rockumentary! See, it doesn't take too much space, there's no need vor a boxset, a double CD / BluRay sounds fine.

• Like 2

1.  need a booklet on "how to survive a riot"

2. an activity book to kill time while you wait for GNR to hit the stage.  you know, cross word puzzles, where in the world is izzy Stradlin (like where's waldo), help slash hide his stash....   but in order for this book to be accurate it would have to be the size of a Los Angeles phone book. 

lol

• Haha 4

On 6/12/2020 at 1:20 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

A "rarities" compilation - soundboard recordings of songs like Breakdown, Coma, Locomotive, Bad Apples, Garden Of Eden, cover songs, songs with Baz, Shannon Hoon, Brian May, etc.

To elaborate on this, pro-shots and/or soundboards of any of these would be cool to see:

Bad Apples - Pantages Theatre, Los Angeles May 11 1991
You Ain't The First (feat. Shannon Hoon) - The Ritz, New York May 16 1991
You're Crazy (feat. Sebastian Bach) - CNE Grandstand, Toronto June 7 1991
Back Off Bitch - CNE Grandstand, Toronto June 7 1991
Locomotive - Madison Square Garden, New York December 13 1991
Breakdown - Madison Square Garden, New York December 13 1991

Dust N' Bones - The Pyramid, Memphis January 7 1992
Don't Cry (Alt.) - Strahov Stadium, Prague May 20 1992
Mama Kin (feat. Steven Tyler & Joe Perry) - Hippodrome De Vincennes, Paris June 6 1992
Train Kept A Rollin' (feat. Steven Tyler & Joe Perry) - Hippodrome De Vincennes, Paris June 6 1992
Tie Your Mother Down (feat. Brian May) - Wembley Stadium, London June 13 1992
We Will Rock You (feat. Brian May) - Wembley Stadium, London June 13 1992
Out Ta Get Me - Phoenix International Raceway, Phoenix August 25 1992

Garden Of Eden -  Frank Erwin Center, Austin February 23 1993 OR Cumberland Civic Center, Portland May 8 1993
Reckless Life - Boston Garden, Boston May 17 1993
Coma - Omaha Civic Auditorium, Omaha April 10 1993
Dead Flowers - National Bowl, Milton Keynes May 30 1993
Honky Tonk Women (feat. Ronnie Wood & Mike Monroe) - National Bowl, Milton Keynes May 30 1993
Knockin' On Heaven's Door (feat. Brian May) - Palais Omnisports de Bercy, Paris July 13 1993

• Like 4

On 7/7/2020 at 9:36 PM, The Real McCoy said:

The early mixes of Civil War and KOHD (Nobody’s Child Benefit Album and Days of Thunder soundtrack)

Don’t Cry demo

Yesterdays live Vegas ‘92

KOHD from the Freddie benefit

Coma from Live Era

Shadow Of Your Love from the Live and Let Die single. (Not the LLAS version)

LALD live Wembley ‘91

I think that’s all that’s out there as far as b-sides from UYI 1 and 2, right? Not counting the Slash interview from the Civil War EP.

There’s also the weird version of KOHD from the one disc version of UYI that has the phone call section completely edited out.

Are u the the real Mc coy dance artist from the 90's?

5 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

To elaborate on this, pro-shots and/or soundboards of any of these would be cool to see:

Mama Kin (feat. Steven Tyler & Joe Perry) - Hippodrome De Vincennes, Paris June 6 1992
Train Kept A Rollin' (feat. Steven Tyler & Joe Perry) - Hippodrome De Vincennes, Paris June 6 1992

Garden Of Eden -  Frank Erwin Center, Austin February 23 1993 OR Cumberland Civic Center, Portland May 8 1993
Honky Tonk Women (feat. Ronnie Wood & Mike Monroe) - National Bowl, Milton Keynes May 30 1993
Knockin' On Heaven's Door (feat. Brian May) - Palais Omnisports de Bercy, Paris July 13 1993

To quote Axl... We re Goin try to sing this song that even Ronnie doesn't know...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

This would be awesome!

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, troccoli said:

That will all be between me and them, will not be sharing here.  Not saying there has or has not been any communication.

Either way, I hope they've got the message that fans want previously unreleased audio/video content instead of "cool packaging" and lithos and rings and stuff,

• Like 1

8 hours ago, troccoli said:

That will all be between me and them, will not be sharing here.  Not saying there has or has not been any communication.

No worries mate - fingers crossed there has been as we are desperate for some kind of ‘new’ material! 😂

• Like 1

I've just bought some King Crimson boxsets (and bought some Pink Floyd boxsets a few months back) and the main reason I did so was the music - remasters, remixes, live gigs, and unreleased alternate studio takes. This is the way to do things. 

Edited by ToonGuns
Spelling

On 3/7/2021 at 11:14 AM, ToonGuns said:

I've just bought some King Crimson boxsets (and bought some Pink Floyd boxsets a few months back) and the main reason I did so was the music - remasters, remixes, live gigs, and unreleased alternate studio takes. This is the way to do things. 

Assuming they both came with a laundry bag, toy truck, bandana, and key ring as well??!! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/12/2020 at 8:57 PM, troccoli said:

Hello everyone.  I don't think it's any big secret that GNR is planning on releasing a UYI boxset sometime in the future, like they did for Appetite and Lies.  Before we even get into it, I cannot guarantee that GNR will ever release this, I am just told that it is being planned.  But they are in the research stage now but, as you can imagine, there is a ton to go through.  I am referring to audio and video.  For example the Bob Clearmountain mixes of UYI that Tom Zutaut mentioned.  Since there's so much, they thought it might be easier to ask you guys what to look for, i.e., what you would like to see in the box.  Of course I will take any feedback offered, but more along the lines of rare recordings, shows we don't already have audio/video of, things that are theorized to exist, etc.  Or even stuff you have that GNR/the label/etc. might not have. 

Please keep in mind that I can't guarantee any credit or anything like that.  I'd imagine you would get credit if they end up using something from your collection that they didn't have, but otherwise I kind of doubt it.  But this is your chance to speak (indirectly) to the label about what you want to see in this boxset.  No, not interested in any ideas regarding pricing, knick knacks, etc.  Just audio/video.  So let me know (either reply here, PM, email, FB message, etc.), and I will pass on the info.  Lastly, I just want to say that even if you know the label has something and you want to see it in the boxset, I can't guarantee anything. 

Thanks everyone, you rock! rock3:headbang:

Hi mate - have you heard anything else recently about this at all?

• GNFNR 1

• 4 months later...