Need your help!

Perfect crime dvd

Doumentary of the illusions recording.

Proshot footage of the GNR/Metallica shows in 92

Full proshot of the Sydney and melbourne 93 shows. This would have to exist!.

GNR have some healthy competition with the illusions 30th anniversary next year, and i feel metallica will go all out for the 30th annivrrsary of the black album as well. I really want GNR to put alot of time into the illusions anniversary as there is so much love for this phase of the band.

Edited by Sydney Fan

10 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

So I guess this really does beg the question then: is the band really considering releasing any new material at all? Because this would totally cut into a new album by them. 

I dont think so. To have an anniversary boxset and a new album could be the least the band could do for its fanbase for releasing only 1 album in 27 years, and we dont even have any NITL product.

Edited by Sydney Fan

The Demos or boom box recordings if they exist...Nirvana did that for the 20th of Nevermind and it’s cool to listen to....

DVD of a gig from each leg of the tour and 60m documentary on each leg. 9 legs in total.... :lol: I’m serious.... 

The original albums -Minus Axls vocal overdubs, the mixes Slash mentioned in his book.

DVD of interviews with the band from this time. 

Classic Albums style documentaries on UYI 1 & 2 Interviews with Bill Price.... 

Don’t release anything that costs more than $30 to buy.

Release the stuff separately. I can spend $1000 in a year, but not in one fucking go....

And I don’t need any necklaces or cock rings or Matt Sorum tongues... Just music. 

GNR fans are starved of Live vinyl Records, it’s bootlegs or $500 for a copy of Live Era.... Give us the fucking vinyl..... :headbang:

Release the stuff separately

We need live Vinyl.........

The Best performances of each of the songs from whatever gigs in a live UYI 1&2 vinyl set would be cool as fuck. Like the Tokyo videos back in the day... 

• Like 1

I’m laughing at what some here are suggesting be included in the box set. You guys do remember who we’re talking about here, right? Lol

Here’s the reality of what we will get:

UYI “remastered” (it’ll sound 99% like the original albums)

Blu-Ray dvd of the Tokyo 1992 show (that we all already have on dvd)

a disc of “unreleased demos” (aka, demos we all have had since 1991)

and lastly, they will promote and release a new video for the “brand new “ song, “Ain’t Goin Down”

Don’t forget, you’ll get plenty of stickers, badges, probably a children’s book

sigh...

• Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Perfect crime dvd

Doumentary of the illusions recording.

Proshot footage of the GNR/Metallica shows in 92

Full proshot of the Sydney and melbourne 93 shows. This would have to exist!.

GNR have some healthy competition with the illusions 30th anniversary next year, and i feel metallica will go all out for the 30th annivrrsary of the black album as well. I really want GNR to put alot of time into the illusions anniversary as there is so much love for this phase of the band.

Metallica already did live binge purge, but I’m certain there will be a definitive black album box set, which in no way can GNR match.

40 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Metallica already did live binge purge, but I’m certain there will be a definitive black album box set, which in no way can GNR match.

Im out of likes, Hate to say but i agree.

If metallica has at least done a boxset for AJFA and something for S&M2 we can bet the band will do the same for the black album and it wont cost a grand.

Edited by Sydney Fan

The UYI anniversary would be a good time to launch a streaming service.

Throw like 15 UYI-era shows online, charge $10 a month for streaming access, and add 10-15 more shows each month. After a while they can mix in stuff from other eras and backstage/rehearsal footage and keep it going for at least a couple years if they want to.

If they launched something like that at the same time as the box set, they can fill the box with as many unnecessary trinkets as they want.

• Like 1

@troccoli sorry that I’m a bit late to the party here!

My Desires (in order of importance):

A remastered version of Ain’t Goin’ Down (with vocals).

Remastered versions of all the recordings on the “Rumbo Tapes” bootleg album.

As much footage as possible (both on stage and off stage). I’m thinking like a Blu-ray that includes the Perfect Crime doc (including some deleted scenes) and then three full never-before-seen concerts (one from before Izzy quit in 1991, one from 1992, and one from the Skin N Bones tour in 1993). If the concerts need to be on a separate disc than the doc, then so be it!

Any new music from that time period (or before or after) that we haven’t heard yet (Nightcrawler, Rock N Roll Rose, the leftover TSI covers, etc.).

As many demos and alternate mixes as possible.

A “live rarities” cd compiling together anything that was performed live on the UYI tour but never recorded elsewhere (Dust in the Wind, Godfather, etc.).

The full 1989 Mates Rehearsal.

The fabled YCBM demo that was recorded during the making of AFD (assuming it really exists).

The remaining stuff from Sound City 1986 that we haven’t heard yet.

The full Pasha 1986 sessions.

A proper release of the Mystic 1985 demo tape.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 4

Perfect Crime documentary would be my number one pick.

Would love a remastered version of the 17th July 1993 Buenos Aires gig.

Indiana '91 gig with the live debut of Estranged would be nice.

Would be curious to hear demo(s) of Estranged and YCBM, don't think there are in any circulation.

9 hours ago, bassplayer1993 said:

Edit: Honestly, two boxsets maybe? UYI studio boxset with demos and such, and then a UYI tour boxset with just videos and a massive amount of live gigs.

It might not be a bad idea for them to separate all of this stuff into two box sets somehow. Maybe a UYI1 boxset that’s more demo-oriented, and then a UYI2 boxset that’s more live oriented?

EDIT: off-topic, but I just realized that now it makes sense why the band started playing more UYI rarities on the 2019-2020 mini-tour. They must’ve been talking about doing a UYI boxset since at least last year!

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

anything that goes in it must be new. its fairly simple for me, it needs the documentary.. we all know they have the footage.. release it. Its easily the most interesting thing they still have from this era. pro shots that we dont have need to be included. a small book of current interviews with the band regarding the making of the songs. how they came to be and release photos that none of us have seen in that book.

im personally not inerested in demos and whatever else but thats just me. but i understabd a lot of fans like this stiuff so yeah whatever. beyond that, if i see a sticker, tattoo, keyring, clit ring.. dick ring or any other ring ill boycott it.

With respect. First of all thanks for this effort.

I'll make it short: give fans what they want!

For me, the AfD box was the perfect time to include at least a Blu Ray / DVD from the Ritz '88 Show and a Audio CD of Marquee '87. These 2 things were realistic. They exist!.
That was not done. They don't even manage to present their YouTube videos properly, or even consistently keep the thing going with they "NITL Selects". And we're talking about old material here? Not even Troubadour '16 or Dodger '16 was properly worked on.

I'll stay out of here, otherwise I'll be disappointed next year.

I'm interested in the 14 Years version with the outro jam (if possible without fade out) and basically on every song in its raw version before Axl overdid it with his bullshit.

Now imagine what a great song KOHD could be for example but after the second solo it becomes a weird motherfucker.

They tried to do a mature record but buried it with imature overdubs. Fix that.

Edited by Free Bird

9 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

So I guess this really does beg the question then: is the band really considering releasing any new material at all? Because this would totally cut into a new album by them. 

I thought the same. 

It's been done before (Manic Street Preachers for example released a reissue closely followed by a new album) but I can't see GNR doing it at all. 

I do lean towards any reissue pushing us even further away from new material. Not that I really think there is any new material on the horizon anyway anymore! 

Regardless if this is all bullshit, I just want Izzys guitar to be 4dB louder in the mix, and Dizzy Reed to be 15dB lower

And all the music videos scanned in 4k (bc you know they used film for some portions)

• Haha 1

Excellent ideas here. Love the idea where they could use shows shot on film from that era (warm up gigs come to mind) to turn them into HD glorious moments.

I'm in the "no bullshit" stickers, guitar picks, rings whatever team.

My two cents about the video stuff:

- Please upgrade any show (besides Tokyo 92 obviously) like INXS did recently. Thats some dedication! Imagine that work done on Chicago 92.

- 1991 pro-shots: Inglewood is obvious. MSG might be a good pick as well (Breakdown + Locomotive!!). Saratoga could be great as well. Or Denver (YCBM as an opener!!)

- 1992 pro-shots: see above for a Chicago remaster/upgrade. All other ideas in the thread are great.

- 1993 pro-shots: Tel Aviv or Paris.

I'd rather have more video than audio but if we look at the AFD boxset its a long stretch. Oh well, lets see what comes out of this!

• Like 1

In order

1. Extended version of My World😉

2. Alt mixes

3. Any rare or unseen interviews

4. Any making of the record videos

5. It could be a cool idea if they put all the best songs on one disc, like a lot of people have said over the years. It's one incredible record, but as two it's two good records. I mean this as a bonus b side thing.

6. I want current interviews from the people involved talking about making the album and how they feel about it today, preferably a group chat. But it 100% should include all the musicians who performed on the album.

7. Maybe some current band re-recordings of some of the deeper cuts like Garden of Eden, The Garden, breakdown things that rarely or never get played live. Maybe taking a different approach, or just giving it a more modern touch.

8. Some live pro shot video material. It's a crime there's only one classic era live gnr release... and it's even worse that the quality is a bit all over the place. 1 or 2 great shows from that era would be fantastic, high quality video with high definition and a beautiful fully mixed multitrack.

9. This is an aside. But it would be so fucking cool if they did a remix competition as one small part of the promotion of the boxset. Give us the multitracks for one song and let fans and eventually the band decide on the winner, who eventually receives the boxser and some other bits. There are a lot of gnr fans who love working on gnr recordings, so I think this would be very popular.

Edited by Tom2112

@troccoli YCBM demo from appetite era, if available, 

Bob Clearmountain mix of the singles of the album - or songs where the mix dramatically changes the vibe of the song

Heaps of demo's including: Coma, Loco, DC, RNDTH, BREAKDOWN, YCBM, Estranged, Get in The Ring

And a legendary live video from era, not being Tokyo, we already have that

No stuff.........just audio/or dvd

Make it about content! Forget the pins, the stickers, the shirts and all that bullshit.

Here's what I would like to see in it:

- The raw demos that Slash has been talking about for years without Axl's piano parts.

- All the unreleased songs (that's an obvious one I guess).

- Any alternate mixes from the songs.

- Don't leave out You Could Be Mine!

- Maybe include some of Slash's demos from 1995 (back and forth again, new stuff)

- Remaster both albums.

Edited by Propaganda