Jump to content

Recommended Posts

How about instead of going bigger and for more, go the other way and release something smaller....like make 1 really good CD out  of UYI ? I’m sure no one has thought of that before.

Seriously though, I’m not really a UYI fan, in fact there are aspects I really dislike, so mine will come from left field. To me it was a bad time for the band, most of the material was written with Adler, pre Dizzy/Matt and then when it was recorded it seemed quite dysfunctional with obviously Adler missing aside from Civil War, Izzy missing at times and as a result Slash’s influence growing on the guitar side and Axl’s influence over shadowing overall, so the balance the original band had was completely fucked. Then there are songs that come across more as solo tunes than band efforts. So coming from a point of loving Appetite and Lies and seeing the potential for UYI to really be part of that era before things got fucked up, well with a box set I’d try and make things right....hence

1) You can’t deny the era happened so some sort of remaster of the original 2 albums

2) Have the 4 “musicians” pick their top 12 rockers (ie Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steve), no covers, have Steve re do the drums, Izzy record where he is missing, strip them back to raw, cut the piano to only the tunes where it really adds something, perhaps rename this album, definitely new cover art.

3) Axl takes his 4 ballads and Does whatever he wants to do to modernise and the becomes the ballad EP

4) Do whatever they want to do with the rest of the tracks on another CD

5) Given 2 still won’t be real in that part of what made Appetite feel so right was the tempo shifts, put together whatever demos or rehearsals of the original band doing theses songs

6) Beyond that do whatever, it’s already long enough and I’m bored

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello everyone.  I don't think it's any big secret that GNR is planning on releasing a UYI boxset sometime in the future, like they did for Appetite and Lies.  Before we even get into it, I cannot gua

Pantages Theatre 1991 show, or maybe a compilation of the warm-up shows (they were shot on film, so could be remastered in great quality) Any and all UYI demos with Steven playing on them (even i

The documentary of the UYI Tour is the most interesting thing that they have IMO. Having that properly remastered for HD would be fucking awesome.

24 minutes ago, Euchre said:

How about instead of going bigger and for more, go the other way and release something smaller....like make 1 really good CD out  of UYI ? I’m sure no one has thought of that before.

Seriously though, I’m not really a UYI fan, in fact there are aspects I really dislike, so mine will come from left field. To me it was a bad time for the band, most of the material was written with Adler, pre Dizzy/Matt and then when it was recorded it seemed quite dysfunctional with obviously Adler missing aside from Civil War, Izzy missing at times and as a result Slash’s influence growing on the guitar side and Axl’s influence over shadowing overall, so the balance the original band had was completely fucked. Then there are songs that come across more as solo tunes than band efforts. So coming from a point of loving Appetite and Lies and seeing the potential for UYI to really be part of that era before things got fucked up, well with a box set I’d try and make things right....hence

1) You can’t deny the era happened so some sort of remaster of the original 2 albums

2) Have the 4 “musicians” pick their top 12 rockers (ie Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steve), no covers, have Steve re do the drums, Izzy record where he is missing, strip them back to raw, cut the piano to only the tunes where it really adds something, perhaps rename this album, definitely new cover art.

3) Axl takes his 4 ballads and Does whatever he wants to do to modernise and the becomes the ballad EP

4) Do whatever they want to do with the rest of the tracks on another CD

5) Given 2 still won’t be real in that part of what made Appetite feel so right was the tempo shifts, put together whatever demos or rehearsals of the original band doing theses songs

6) Beyond that do whatever, it’s already long enough and I’m bored

 

With Axl in charge, if you were gonna make a cd compilation of the UYI albums, you would get the Live and let dies, the November rains, the Don't crys, the estrangeds and you still wouldn't be satisfied, because most of the rockers would be out...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1. UYI remastered (2 CD)

2. Demos/ain't  going down etc(like shadow of your love( 2 or 3 cd)

3.Live versions of every UYI track (those that were played) 2 CD

4. Full shows

Warm up shows (mix every song played) 1 BLU-RAY 

1991. INGLEWOOD 8/3/1991! 1 BLU-RAY

1992. France 92 BLU-RAY

1993 .Munich 93 ( was recorded had pro cameras ) BLU-RAY

5.Perfect Crime Doc. BLU-RAY

 

7 Cds and  5 BLU-RAY. 

 

  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

4-CD box set incl. remastered UYI 1+2 plus 2 more discs with the best of the outtakes, demos, b-sides, alternate takes/mixes, rarities (CD 3) and the best live tracks (CD 4).

+

4-DVD Box Set incl.

- Making fucking videos parts I-IV plus all other videos from the albums (DVD 1)

- Tokyo DVD 1 + 2 with new audio commentary from Axl, Slash and Duff talking about the songs, the tour and stuff (DVD 2+3)

- Perfect Crime Tour Documentary plus an hour or more of selected live highlights from other shows (DVD 4)

Each box set sold seperately for less than 30 bucks each with a golden ticket in 10 copies worldwide granting entrance and backstage access to a show of your choice and also meeting the band in person incl. Axl, Slash and Duff.

Arnold Schwarzenegger and musicians who toured with GNR back then to narrate/appear in a nice little 2 minute promo video for YouTube and have Slash and Axl do at least some press work then it should hit #1 within 24 hrs and provide for 2-3 more years of touring the old songs without releasing new stuff.

  • GNFNR 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll keep it simple. I'd love a CD version of the live performance of Coma from Chicago in 1992 that I've watched way too many times on YouTube over the years.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@troccoli I recently took another look at my post from the last page. Allow me to revise:

STANDARD EDITION

Disc 1: UYI 1 Remixed (not just remastered)

Disc 2: UYI 2 Remixed (not just remastered)

DELUXE EDITION

Disc 3: Ain’t Goin’ Down w/ vocals, The “Rumbo Tapes” bootleg, the two leftover TSI tracks, and any other demo and/or unreleased song from the late 80s or early 90s that we haven’t heard yet

Disc 4: Live rarities (Dust in the Wind, Godfather, Train Kept A-Rollin’, Always on the Run, etc.)

SUPER DELUXE EDITION

Blu-Ray 1: Three full-length never-before-seen concerts (one from early 1991, one from 1992, and one from the Skin N Bones tour in 1993). Having these concerts all restored in 4K would also be nice, but if that’s too much work then just the original footage itself should be fine.

Blu-Ray 2: The three Making Fuckin Videos mini-docs, as well as all of the music videos from the UYI era (including SIDHY) restored in 4K and re-synced to the remixes. The music videos for YCBM and WttJ Live Era would also be nice, but it’s understandable if these can’t be on here (since there’s a known rights issue for both of these).

Stretch Goal for Blu-Ray 2: It would also be nice to have rare shit like the MFV music videos for Don’t Cry Alternate Lyrics, Locomotive and Double Talkin Jive, the alternate Garden of Eden, the YouTube-exclusive music video for Bad Apples, and the unreleased music videos for I Don’t Care About You and Mr. Brownstone and My Michelle (featuring the UYI lineup). None of this is necessary, tho! Just would be nice to also have, if possible.

LOCKED N’ LOADED EDITION

Discs 1-4 on vinyl and as many never-before-seen photos as possible.

FOR NETFLIX

Separate release in 2023: The Perfect Crime doc (with as many deleted scenes as possible), spliced with NEW interviews of the band and everyone else involved at the time, so that they can reflect on all that footage with hindsight.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

 I want all the stuff suggested + the supposedly existing This I Love demo from the early 90s.

 Oh, and a disc with remastered scenes of Axl getting pissed off/freaking out + bonus Pro Shot scene of Izzy kicking the Mic right at Axl.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MrSpaghetti said:

 I want all the stuff suggested + the supposedly existing This I Love demo from the early 90s.

 Oh, and a disc with remastered scenes of Axl getting pissed off/freaking out + bonus Pro Shot scene of Izzy kicking the Mic right at Axl.

The only known copy of the early 90s demo tape of This I Love was destroyed under Axl’s request, according the one of the engineers who worked with GnR back in the day.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

The only known copy of the early 90s demo tape of This I Love was destroyed under Axl’s request, according the one of the engineers who worked with GnR back in the day.

 Sad, but I still want a 4K remastered video with remixed Soundboard audio of Izzy kicking Mic at Axl's face.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 And we need that Low Quality Pinball versions of WTTJ and Ain't Goin' Down to be played right from a toy, like those Bootleg toys of Lightning Mcqueen with all the multicolored lights coming out from all the sides, while playing a high pitched version of Barbie's theme.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Video

- UYI Documentary

- Rock In Rio '91 (both nights - remastered)

- Ritz '91

- Pantages '91

- Inglewood '91

- Wembley '91

- East Rutherford '92

- Turin, Italy '92

- Argentina '92 (remastered)

- Milton Keynes '93

- Nijmegen '93

- Hartford '93

- Making F@cking Videos (I, II, III - remastered)

- All UYI videoclips in 4K

 

Audio

- UYI I (RE)

- UYI II (RE)

- Live Era '91-'93

- UYI I Demos

- UYI II Demos

- Stockholm 17/08/91

- Mexico '92

- Slane '92

- Prague '92

- Munich '93

 

 

Other Stuff

- UYI Release date poster

- 2 concert posters

- 3 ticket stubs

- Charlie Don't Surf t-shirt

- Les Paul Goldtop mini replica guitar

 

 

I believe this would cover many bases.

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Alternate mixes of album tracks, any demos of the album tracks and unreleased songs is what I'd be interested in. Also, don't rip the ass out of it, it needs to be decently priced. No tacky stuff just inserted so that you can fit it in a box and charge sky high prices. 

Edited by Jw224
Link to post
Share on other sites

Even though I think any concert footage they include should be stuff we’ve never seen before, if they did have to go with shows we’ve already seen in some form (leaked proshots, tv broadcasts, audience recordings, etc), which shows should they go with, assuming you had to pick just one shows from each of the three years (1991, 1992, and 1993)?

Link to post
Share on other sites

For the love of God, Jesus, Mary, Joseph, and all their little carpenter friends; remix the albums and release Live material. One good show from each year, just anything. It's my favorite GN'R era, and it has, I think, the best live showing of the band (at it's heights). If you really wanna get people drawn back to this band, give em more of the best.

 

A couple of soundboards/proshots would really make up for 2020 nearly being the end of the World

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Even though I think any concert footage they include should be stuff we’ve never seen before, if they did have to go with shows we’ve already seen in some form (leaked proshots, tv broadcasts, audience recordings, etc), which shows should they go with, assuming you had to pick just one shows from each of the three years (1991, 1992, and 1993)?

Stuff we have seen: Philadelphia '91, one of the Stockholm or Inglewood shows

Probably Chicago or Paris '92,

For my money, either the July 16th Argentina show, or the Hartford '93 shows.

 

Shows we have NOT seen: 

I think there's a North Carolina show in 92 that's about 2 1/2 long, or the Omaha show where Coma on Live Era comes from

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

Stuff we have seen: Philadelphia '91, one of the Stockholm or Inglewood shows

Probably Chicago or Paris '92,

For my money, either the July 16th Argentina show, or the Hartford '93 shows.

 

Shows we have NOT seen: 

I think there's a North Carolina show in 92 that's about 2 1/2 long, or the Omaha show where Coma on Live Era comes from

Those are some great suggestions! Are there any unseen 1991 Izzy shows worth resurrecting through this project?

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Those are some great suggestions! Are there any unseen 1991 Izzy shows worth resurrecting through this project?

The show in North Carolina mentioned above was in 1991. Actually there were two shows in North Carolina that not much is known about except that there were very long - the first one, in Charlotte, lasted about 3 hours and the second one in Greensboro, described as "epic" in the reviews of the time, lasted 3 h 35 min.

https://www.a-4-d.com/t1831-1991-06-25-greensboro-coliseum-greensboro-usa

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The show in North Carolina mentioned above was in 1991. Actually there were two shows in North Carolina that not much is known about except that there were very long - the first one, in Charlotte, lasted about 3 hours and the second one in Greensboro, described as "epic" in the reviews of the time, lasted 3 h 35 min.

https://www.a-4-d.com/t1831-1991-06-25-greensboro-coliseum-greensboro-usa

Awesome! Sounds like the second of those shows is slightly better than the first.

So it looks like the ideal shows would be:

Greensboro 1991

Anything from 1992 we haven’t seen yet

Omaha 1993

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would actually be interested in demo's from The Garden, some Alice Cooper takes would be cool, or 2 version, One with only Axl vocals and one with only Alice Cooper vocals. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GNRmello77 said:

I would actually be interested in demo's from The Garden, some Alice Cooper takes would be cool, or 2 version, One with only Axl vocals and one with only Alice Cooper vocals. 

Well there is the “Rumbo Tapes” bootleg version that has only Axl vocals (Shrugs). I don’t think they ever did a version where Cooper sang the entire song.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...