Need your help!

4 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

I have a strong feeling we will get zero live footage. They don't want to feature Matt or Izzy, they don't want to compete with their former looks, etc, etc. 

If we're lucky we will get the more raw versions of the original albums but that's doubtful as well. Since it would be kinda like Axl admitting he was wrong with adding all the extra stuff. So, no.

...So then what WILL we get?! I would hope that at least demos, unreleased songs, and live audio (non-album covers especially) would be included, at least!

Probably a ton of demos that you listen to once or twice, Ain't going down as the single and maybe one or two unreleased songs from the Spaghetti sessions. And some rings, stickers, etc. to jack up the price. Maybe the kids book since nobody bought it till then. 

Yes, I'm bitter at this point. :D I really can't imagine that they will come out with a really cool package of stuff the fans actually want. 

Edited by El Guapo

3 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Dave Dominguez (studio engineer for GnR during the late 90s, and the one who had to destroy the tape of the 1992 version of TIL, under axl’s request).

Axl is on record in Hit Parader 1993 saying it’s his heaviest song. 

Just now, The Holographic Universe said:

He didn’t say he destroyed it. 

10 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

He didn’t say he destroyed it. 

I’m pretty sure he said he erased the whole tape after Axl yelled at him for initially disobeying his orders.

6 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

The band did not create the Locked and Loaded box set. So if ideas are being asked that is indicative that someone within the camp wants to make sure it’s a better product and one that gives fans what they want.

I hope you’re right about this!

2 hours ago, El Guapo said:

I have a strong feeling we will get zero live footage. They don't want to feature Matt or Izzy, they don't want to compete with their former looks, etc, etc. 

If we're lucky we will get the more raw versions of the original albums but that's doubtful as well. Since it would be kinda like Axl admitting he was wrong with adding all the extra stuff. So, no.

They released some live songs and early versions on the AFD box set. They're happy to feature ex-members on their merchandise and re-releases as long as it makes them money.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/12/2020 at 1:54 PM, NeonKinight said:

It's amazing! this band can dig a hole all the way trough from USA to China but they can't release a new song! 

anyway : 
Praga 1992 Pro Shot 
São Paulo 1992 Pro Shot (This yet unseen for most of us, there are only snippets out there) 
I Don't Care About You (Music Video - Yeah, it leaked already, but so what?!)
Ain't Going Down (Single)
Munich 1993 (Where they did a few shots for Estranged)
Coma Demo 
Bill Price Mixes 
Alternative Artwork for the UYI (Trocolli had one in his site, i believe. The other one had lyrics, who played in which track, etc)
Down on the street / Beer And Cigarrette Covers

Umm, and forgive my own ignorance here, but aren't the current UYI albums the Bill Price mixes?  Pretty sure he mixed both of them and those mixes are what we hear when we listen to the records.  Not trying to be a dick, just seeking clarification I guess.  I didn't know if there were alternate mixes Bill Price had done or something like that.

On 6/12/2020 at 2:19 PM, zigzagbigbag said:

This is great news, @troccoli  

We already got a whole thread on this topic 😃

Thank you for this!  I thought there was, but couldn't remember/find it.

On 6/12/2020 at 4:58 PM, El Guapo said:

I think it's extremly sad that, when you read all these posts full of passion, knowledge and appreciation of the bands history, you realise that none of the band members seem to feel that way as well. I find it very hard to believe that any of "the big 3" even bothers to overlook such a project in that way. They probably let Fernondont do his thing and call it a day.

I know Duff was involved with the Appetite box.  I suppose Axl was to a degree too since he provided the pics in the book, the pics of the band and band members.

On 6/12/2020 at 1:50 PM, Blackstar said:

I think the main thing most fans would be interested in is the UYI documentary and concerts (preferably on video) that haven't circulated officially or unofficially  (i.e. any concerts other than Tokyo '92 third show, RIR II first show, Indiana '91 second show, St. Louis, Paris '92, Freddie Mercury Tribute, Oklahoma '92, Chicago '92, Argentina '92, Chile '92, Argentina '93 and Saskatoon '93 - maybe also other than good audience video recordings, e.g. Philadelphia). Preferably, one of the warm-up shows and at least one non-circulated show from each year (1991, 1992, 1993).

Then any recordings of rehearsals, alt. takes, alt. mixes etc., with priority to stuff that hasn't widely circulated on bootlegs. For example, it would be great if there are any recordings from the Chicago writing sessions in the summer of 1989 (according to a Duff quote, iirc, they were recorded). Or the Clearmountain mixes. This thread is a good guide for what has circulated, what is known to exist but hasn't widely circulated and what might exist:

Thank you for pointing me to this thread, very valuable!

Thanks for your feedback everybody!  I apologize, but I ran out of likes.  Please keep it coming.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, troccoli said:

Umm, and forgive my own ignorance here, but aren't the current UYI albums the Bill Price mixes?  Pretty sure he mixed both of them and those mixes are what we hear when we listen to the records.  Not trying to be a dick, just seeking clarification I guess.  I didn't know if there were alternate mixes Bill Price had done or something like that.

Thank you for this!  I thought there was, but couldn't remember/find it.

I know Duff was involved with the Appetite box.  I suppose Axl was to a degree too since he provided the pics in the book, the pics of the band and band members.

Thank you for pointing me to this thread, very valuable!

Thanks for your feedback everybody!  I apologize, but I ran out of likes.  Please keep it coming.

Well, I used the zombux list as a reference. 
And according to that, "Bill Price Mixes 3/91" DAT" is known to exist, but does not circulate.

Thank you, @troccoliI

I'd like to bring out again the show in Greensboro, NC on June 25, 1991 that was discussed a couple of pages back. We don't have the full setlist (as there aren't any audience recordings), but it is known that it lasted about 4 hours and according to reports of the time all the songs from UYI were played (!). Although I doubt that the latter is completely accurate (I don't think Get in the Ring and My World were played :lol:) it would be awesome if, for example, we discovered that there was a live version of Don't Damn Me that we didn't know it existed. Regardless, it sounds like a great show, and it would be worth to have even just audio of it if it's available.

• GNFNR 3
  • Wow 1

53 minutes ago, NeonKinight said:

And according to that, "Bill Price Mixes 3/91" DAT" is known to exist, but does not circulate.

These might be ‘alternative mixes’ I suppose as the final ones on the CD are Bill Price ones. I guess the other big ones are the Bob Clearmountain mixes - they would be interesting.

@troccoli there are probably thousands of mixes to choose from 😂. The Clearmountain ones are probably best known - although I’m unsure if these are the same ones Slash referred to as being ‘raw’ before all the overdubs?

Down On The Street with Slash on guitar might be really cool to listen to. It's a shame that the only cover of the stooges made by Guns N' Roses doesn't (and will never) have izzy on guitar. 
Beer and Cigarrette didn't quite fit for me, but is cool nonethless.

2 hours ago, NeonKinight said:

Down On The Street with Slash on guitar might be really cool to listen to. It's a shame that the only cover of the stooges made by Guns N' Roses doesn't (and will never) have izzy on guitar. 
Beer and Cigarrette didn't quite fit for me, but is cool nonethless.

You think it didn't make the album 'cause it's basically black leather but slower? (the other way around actually, but you know what I mean)

5 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Thank you, @troccoliI

I'd like to bring out again the show in Greensboro, NC on June 25, 1991 that was discussed a couple of pages back. We don't have the full setlist (as there aren't any audience recordings), but it is known that it lasted about 4 hours and according to reports of the time all the songs from UYI were played (!). Although I doubt that the latter is completely accurate (I don't think Get in the Ring and My World were played :lol:) it would be awesome if, for example, we discovered that there was a live version of Don't Damn Me that we didn't know it existed. Regardless, it sounds like a great show, and it would be worth to have even just audio of it if it's available.

Do we know if there are any recordings of the shows before/after the Charlotte/Greensboro shows? I know that the St. Louis show was a week later, but are there recordings for the Maryland, Lexington Kentucky, or Knoxville shows? I'm curious roughly how good Axl would sound

16 minutes ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

Do we know if there are any recordings of the shows before/after the Charlotte/Greensboro shows? I know that the St. Louis show was a week later, but are there recordings for the Maryland, Lexington Kentucky, or Knoxville shows? I'm curious roughly how good Axl would sound

There are recordings of the three shows before Charlotte (the two Maryland shows and the show in Hampton, VA). There is no recording of Knoxville, TN (that was right after Greensboro). There are recordings of the next two shows in Lexington, KY and Birmingham, AL (that show didn't go well). Then it was St. Louis.

I have difficulty believing a proper UYI documentary could be produced in time for an anniversary of the albums. That’s 2.5 years of footage. I read that the Michael Jordan documentary took years to complete, so how could the UYI doc be ready by next year unless it was rushed. Furthermore it would need to be produced by a person with a passion for the project to be of quality. 

7 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

They should sell the Perfect Crime footage to Netflix. Let some professionals make a mini-series out of it and cash a decent paycheck.

This! Sounds like a mini-series format would be the best way to go. Maybe even split it into three “seasons,” one for each year (1991, 1992, 1993).

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, NeonKinight said:

I see, thank you for the clarification!

10 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

These might be ‘alternative mixes’ I suppose as the final ones on the CD are Bill Price ones. I guess the other big ones are the Bob Clearmountain mixes - they would be interesting.

@troccoli there are probably thousands of mixes to choose from 😂. The Clearmountain ones are probably best known - although I’m unsure if these are the same ones Slash referred to as being ‘raw’ before all the overdubs?

See, that's the thing.  It kind of reminds me of the recent leaks.  Do we really want a whole bunch of shit that's just a half decibel this or that?  I would prefer to focus on truly unique stuff.

15 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

I want the Use Your Illusion Stage as a LEGO Set with Axl & Slash minifigures

Sh6nb1P.jpg

Credits: NEO25 on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2qNIr_GYMxtYJMfTtqxgaQ/videos

I am out of reactions for today, but that is hilarious!

4 hours ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

There are recordings of the three shows before Charlotte (the two Maryland shows and the show in Hampton, VA). There is no recording of Knoxville, TN (that was right after Greensboro). There are recordings of the next two shows in Lexington, KY and Birmingham, AL (that show didn't go well). Then it was St. Louis.

I am responding to both the above posts here, plus the one from the member asking about the Charlotte show.  There are a number of shows that we know are amazing.  Now if we had to choose, we would prefer those amazing shows in the best possible quality we have ever seen/heard, or would we prefer video/audio of shows we have never heard, even if they might not be as great as those other shows?  Hopefully we can get both of course, but if we had to choose?  A true dilemma!

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I'd definitely prefer something we've never heard over a higher-quality version of something we've already heard.

I would probably say this as well; something we haven't seen, honestly just help pick a great show, great diverse setlist and performances! I believe in y'all. PS, a show with Dust N' Bones please 😁😁😁 or you know, all the Illusion shows

Edited by UsedYourIllusion
  • Like 1