Reckless Road podcast!

2 hours ago, Shackler's said:

Marc and Jason have just published the first episode of "Marc's Vault" on recklessroad.com! They've also published photos and interviews alongside the podcast.

First 20 people to answer their survey gets a signed copy of Reckless Road :headbang:

Someone told me Jason was trying to get ahold of me. Haven't heard anything yet. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, t-p-d-a said:

the most interessting members, if you ask me. I would like to hear they side of the story

Agreed, agreed so true.  Stradlin does not even do social media , he is so private. He is the Mutt Lange of GnR. I would bet money Mr. Rose never puts his life to an autobiography 

Edited by Amaya
Spacing, typos

17 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

I thought Marc ran out of things to say, which is why he left this forum. Is it worth a listen ?

If you are a die hard fan, you probably won’t learn stuff you didn’t already know in this first podcast. That said, I enjoyed it and it gave me hope for future podcasts. It was approximately 24 minutes long. Worth a listen. 

2 minutes ago, ryanf23 said:

If you are a die hard fan, you probably won’t learn stuff you didn’t already know in this first podcast. That said, I enjoyed it and it gave me hope for future podcasts. It was approximately 24 minutes long. Worth a listen. 

I like shorter podcasts. Its difficult to dedicate 2-3 hours to podcasts from my end. I'll try to check it out.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 14. 6. 2020 at 12:20 PM, Amaya said:

Agreed, agreed so true.  Stradlin does not even do social media , he is so private. He is the Mutt Lange of GnR. I would bet money Mr. Rose never puts his life to an autobiography 

Axl actually said he was probably gonna release an autobiography but I wouldn't bet my money on it. I think it's still more plausible for Axl to release his than Izzy. Izzy buried the past long time ago, even refusing to be interviewed for Reckless Road. I really don't see him coming clean about his heroin days. He must have hated the fact Duff, Steven and Slash wrote about it. My feeling anway.

Edited by Sisyphus
  • Like 2

Totally agree. Axl may have said it, but actually doing...doubtful. If he were to write his book, automatic best seller. He would have to do a small bit of promotion which he could do on line. Automatic best seller ,top of book list, and with very little promtion by him. I , you, ,and others here have said the same thing.  Izzy buried all that stuff  of 1980s. Lol. He really does not, it seems, want to be hearing that stuff or maybe  have people in his personal life know of that stuff. I think the guy has a a type of PTSD, and maybe for his long life 30 years total sobeirty, maybe separating from hearing ,writing etc about that helps him. For him, he could not do VR for example.  Wise choice.

Edited by Amaya

• 2 months later...
On 6/30/2020 at 12:49 AM, Amaya said:

Totally agree. Axl may have said it, but actually doing...doubtful. If he were to write his book, automatic best seller. He would have to do a small bit of promotion which he could do on line. Automatic best seller ,top of book list, and with very little promtion by him. I , you, ,and others here have said the same thing.  Izzy buried all that stuff  of 1980s. Lol. He really does not, it seems, want to be hearing that stuff or maybe  have people in his personal life know of that stuff. I think the guy has a a type of PTSD, and maybe for his long life 30 years total sobeirty, maybe separating from hearing ,writing etc about that helps him. For him, he could not do VR for example.  Wise choice.

I personally think axl will. Im sure the book is done as i remember he was thinking of releasing it...something to do with mick wall but chickened out at the 11th hour.

I think axl will release it when GNR is officially done. As a way of telling his side of the story.

47 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Thanks for the info, I was hoping it was still going!  I hope they are getting a decent audience pull to keep going with them

Funnily enough I just listened to Episode 2 tonight....all about Tidus Sloan. Good listen.....you need subscribe to the mailing list (link below). Below is the last e-mail update they sent:-

Hi again. We have some exciting developments to share with you.

Following this email, we’re going to be providing everyone on our mailing list a private link to “Episode 2: Slash’s Early Days” that you can play in your podcast player of choice, and a tie-in episode website with the images from Marc’s collection. Read further for more details. Feel free to forward this email to anyone you think will want to sign up for our newsletter, hear our podcast and open up Marc's archives on Slash's garage bands. Your friends can sign up here.

You all have been super patient with this project, but it’s taken some time to figure out the best way to get you all the content. We’ve looked at all kinds of models that combine our podcast with the digital extras in Marc’s vault and I think we finally found the right mix. Trust us, there are a lot of moving parts to doing this right and deliver a great product. We decided that we don’t want to go down the path of ad revenue and click-bait and feel the quality of our programming is better supported with subscriptions.

The first announcement is that we’re changing the name of this series from “Marc’s Vault” to “Guns N’ Roses: The First Fifty Gigs.” 

We think that name sums up what fans will find here in this series.

The second announcement is that we’re going to release our podcasts for syndication across major podcast channels/players and each episode will have it’s own “episode website” that will give you subscribers exclusive access to Marc’s visual content (images, videos, etc.). We’re going to produce the episodes in chronological order, so you’ll be able to use the podcast episode index as your timeline.

We’ll likely release a few episodes for free, but to access additional episodes, in addition to all the exclusive episode specific content on our site, we’ll be asking listeners to subscribe and subsidize the show. There will be monthly and an annual subscription option that will come with two free months and a Marc Canter signed Reckless Road book (ships in US only). We are planning other giveaways for our international audiences, as shipping books abroad is difficult and expensive right now. Our goal is to release between two to four podcasts and website extras per month.

In addition to the exclusive content you get as a subscriber, we’re also planning translations, special guests, livestream shows, live Q&A with Marc and new merchandise. One idea we had was a book that showcases all the flyers from the shows (let us know if that sounds good).

Now that we’ve figured out the distribution channels, and are building the production/distribution machine, we can now focus on creating a great series for you. We’re planning on about 100 episodes and lots of guests.

Oh, and by the way, we got a take down notice for the two small clips we posted on the first episode which included a few seconds from GNR performing “Heartbreak Hotel” and “Jumpin’ Jack Flash” on 6.6.85. We would like nothing more than to have the band participate in this origin story and permit us to let you hear Marc’s concert recordings. But that’s for another day and for now, we took down the clips.

Episode 2 will release as a pre-launch gift to our fans on this mailing list. Look for an email from "Transistor" with a personalized link that will allow you to launch the podcast. 

Hit us up with any questions or comments at info@recklessroad.com (we fixed the email server, so we’re receiving emails now.) Also, we'd love your feedback on the show and the episode website. The more feedback we get, the better we can do at providing you with a great experience.

Thanks for hanging in there with us. More to come.

The Reckless Road Team

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 1

Thanks @DTJ80  :)  Definitely plan on subscribing to that to support the whole thing they have going, Reckless Road and Marc's insight has easily been for me the most illuminating thing regarding the beginnings of GNR besides what Slash and Duff have told in their books so I hope they have a decent sized audience that can keep their endeavors going

2 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Thanks @DTJ80  :)  Definitely plan on subscribing to that to support the whole thing they have going, Reckless Road and Marc's insight has easily been for me the most illuminating thing regarding the beginnings of GNR besides what Slash and Duff have told in their books so I hope they have a decent sized audience that can keep their endeavors going

👍