Jump to content

When do you think they will retire GnR?


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

They’ll probably do another 5 years of regular touring, followed by 5 years of Vegas residencies, like Aerosmith.

Well Aerosmith are well into their 70s so I'd guess that like Aerosmith, GNR will go as long as they think they can pull off a decent show. I think Melissa (or whoever else might do the role of backing vocalist) will become a more integral part as the years go on, as a vocal assist. Biggest difference is that Aerosmith still sound good, night in and out! helps they hired a great piano player that can double Stevens voice very well live! Melissas voice is obviously very different to Axls so there's limitations to what can be done!

Before they finish up whenever that is!! I'd really like for Axl to have 1 to 2 years of consistently good singing again, restore his vocal credibility. Not saying 'sound like 91 or 2006 or 2010', just saying sound good with the voice that he has in whatever year that is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I doubt they want Matt anymore. I doubt they wanted Matt ever.

They'll retire when people stop giving them money for doing next to nothing. 

They’re just off the back of one of the highest grossing tours of all time. They rehearsed Hardschool. Axl stated his plan is to release more music with Guns. Susan’s comments on Brando

Posted Images

2 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Slash will never leave, thanks to that ridiculous alimony of his. He’ll be playing Jungle, Sweet Child, etc over and over again, until the very end, just to pay those bills alone.

Once all kids are over 18 i think its only spousal support he needs to pay. Last I read a full payout was 6.6 mill.

Surely his made more than that during the nitl tour already.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, History2010 said:

I don't believe for a second that the band could continue without Slash again. Things were different back in '96. But in the modern day, they need him in order to keep moving forward since he is the star of the show. 

 

If Slash calls it quits then Axl will definitely retire touring. 

Yeah. I think if Slash hadn't returned I would have seen Axl retire soon. He didn't strike me as one wanting to tour until old age. But with Slash around things have changed, I can see them going on for a long time, with it being over the minute Slash leaves. At this point there is no point continuing GNR without Slash.

4 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Slash will never leave, thanks to that ridiculous alimony of his. He’ll be playing Jungle, Sweet Child, etc over and over again, until the very end, just to pay those bills alone.

Seriously, could we stop pretending like Slash is the only guy who ever got a divorce? As if that fucking divorce will force him to work until he drops dead???

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yeah. I think if Slash hadn't returned I would have seen Axl retire soon. He didn't strike me as one wanting to tour until old age. But with Slash around things have changed, I can see them going on for a long time, with it being over the minute Slash leaves. At this point there is no point continuing GNR without Slash.

Seriously, could we stop pretending like Slash is the only guy who ever got a divorce? As if that fucking divorce will force him to work until he drops dead???

Did you see how much he has to pay?  He'll be working until that pacemaker stops.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yeah. I think if Slash hadn't returned I would have seen Axl retire soon. He didn't strike me as one wanting to tour until old age. But with Slash around things have changed, I can see them going on for a long time, with it being over the minute Slash leaves. At this point there is no point continuing GNR without Slash.

Seriously, could we stop pretending like Slash is the only guy who ever got a divorce? As if that fucking divorce will force him to work until he drops dead???

I’m pretty sure I had read that he had to pay Perla $100k a month for the rest of her life but someone else on this thread clarified for me that that’s false, apparently, so I stand corrected.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I’m pretty sure I had read that he had to pay Perla $100k a month for the rest of her life but someone else on this thread clarified for me that that’s false, apparently, so I stand corrected.

Ex-spousal support is in relation to what the person actually makes. If it is too high, he can always repetition the court to have it reduced. Happens all the time. And yes, I can't see Perla actually getting 100k a month.

Edited by PatrickS77
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

Pretty much feel the same at this point although I’d see them live again if it was for a new album or an AFD reunion.

Agreed, those are literally the only two circumstances where I’d spend money to go see them again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vloors said:

Once all kids are over 18 i think its only spousal support he needs to pay. Last I read a full payout was 6.6 mill.

Surely his made more than that during the nitl tour already.

 

I thought he still has to pay spousal support until the kids reach a certain age or until Perla remarries......

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guns will end when Axl retires.Based on Axls current vocal levels i think Axl will pull the plug at 65, i cannot see his vocals lasting further than that. I think he would like to get one more album and do some sort of working with Angus Young before Axl calls it quits.

GNR will do the Vegas residencies, with Axl playing with GNR and also as a piano solo act like a fatter version of Elton John.

I can see Axl onstage wiping his head with a white towel like Elvis used to do during his Vegas residencies.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

Ex-spousal support is in relation to what the person actually makes. If it is too high, he can always repetition the court to have it reduced. Happens all the time. And yes, I can't see Perla actually getting 100k a month.

Yeah I remember Brendan Frasier had to do that once (go to court and ask to have his alimony reduced, that is).

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Live Like a Suicide said:

GNR will never retire as a brand. Axl will die and TB and Universal will continue to pimp out posthumous GNR songs.

I would that’s when we will finally get other vault stuff too like all the UYI footage, as well as all of Marc’s footage from the pre-AFD days.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

GNR will never retire as a brand. Axl will die and TB and Universal will continue to pimp out posthumous GNR songs.

It’s sad that at this point the fans probably just need to out-live Axl to be guaranteed to hear new GnR songs. You can bet TB will want to keep the $ rolling in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Swampfox said:

Did you see how much he has to pay?  He'll be working until that pacemaker stops.

Three mistakes in 2 sentences. 

He has no peacemaker implanted, it's a defibrillator which has already stopped working due to low batteries.

He has to pay each of his two kids 39k per month until a certain age and 1.8% of his income until 2036. 

Perla got a house and some cars. The way I understand it he doesn't have to pay her 100k per month since he payed her an equalization of 6.6 million dollar.

https://theblast.com/slash-perla-ferrar-guns-n-roses-millions-dollars-support/

I hope this myth of him being forced doing this reunion has an end now.

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, megaguns1982 said:

It’s sad that at this point the fans probably just need to out-live Axl to be guaranteed to hear new GnR songs. You can bet TB will want to keep the $ rolling in.

Im sure fernando will find another worldwide excuse not to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Free Bird said:

He has to pay each of his two kids 39k per month until a certain age and 1.8% of his income until 2036.

Didn't realise kids got paid when parents divorced.

Gonna have to phone my divorced parents about this tomorrow lol :D

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Three mistakes in 2 sentences. 

He has no peacemaker implanted, it's a defibrillator which has already stopped working due to low batteries.

He has to pay each of his two kids 39k per month until a certain age and 1.8% of his income until 2036. 

Perla got a house and some cars. The way I understand it he doesn't have to pay her 100k per month since he payed her an equalization of 6.6 million dollar.

https://theblast.com/slash-perla-ferrar-guns-n-roses-millions-dollars-support/

I hope this myth of him being forced doing this reunion has an end now.

Hm, but doesn't it say he agrees to pay her 100,000 a month until death or marriage on top of the equalization payment? 

That's 178,000 a month in total. That's half his income.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I thought he still has to pay spousal support until the kids reach a certain age or until Perla remarries......

Its 100k a month until she marries or dies or total payout of 6.6 million.

Slash wants to do the total payout from what i read.

Edited by vloors
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Lio said:

Hm, but doesn't it say he agrees to pay her 100,000 a month until death or marriage on top of the equalization payment? 

That's 178,000 a month in total. That's half his income.

Quote

He also agreed to pay Perla $100,000 per month in spousal support until death or remarriage. The support pales in comparison to the $6,627,352 equalization payment the rocker will be required to pay within 30 days of the judgement getting signed off.

Edited by Free Bird
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...