Gn'R ought to live stream from the Troubadour

Last night, Los Angeles KCAL 9 did a piece on the Troubadour being in danger of closing for good as a result of the pandemic.

I didn't catch the whole thing but they interviewed Duff. I don't know if it was new or really what was said. 

They haven't posted it online yet but this is their sister station's month-old report on the Troubadour Go Fund Me.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/05/06/troubadour-gofundme-coronavirus-west-hollywood/

Got me thinking though. What if they did a live set from the empty Troubadour?

Do a kickass warm up gig like 2016. 

Help a classic venue stay open.

Promote the hopefully upcoming tour/album/etc.

Just sayin'...

Edited by doakes
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Is this @Fernando’s alt account?

Lmao! No, but I do feel like there's a good amount of people, who would pay a reasonable price to watch something like this.. make a little dough for the band and the place where it all started.

Hell, they could shoot a music vid there. Something. I'll keep on the lookout for the Duff clip.

6 hours ago, GNR 1991 said:

Would be cool no doubt as the first time Axl and Slash shared the stage since 1993. Wonder how they’d work around Axl breaking his foot on Mr Brownstone. Anyone who was at that show notice he even injured himself?

He kinda jumped up onto one of the monitors on stage, and must've cracked the bone immediately because he just as quickly fell backwards. Got back up, pants split, broken foot and kept fucking going.

-- 

I knew the "ought" would get flack, obviously, there's a lot of "oughts"-- but seeing Duff talking about the Troubadour, spurred this post. I had to at least put it out there... 

Initially I was thinking they could shoot something new from there, but as you guys have pointed out-- There already is footage from the 2016 show and streaming that odyssey would probably fetch more interest. People would certainly pay to watch the April Fools show.

For as many greats that have played there, Gn'R is probably the most prolific band to have played their very first shows there.

Technically it's in West Hollywood, but more broadly LA City/County officials have not been very kind to historical properties... the wrecking ball has become very popular.. The Sunset Strip is nearly unrecognizable, with spots like Viper Room, Tower already in jeopardy of being torn down and turned into high rises.. I've worked with local preservation groups and getting historical landmark status is tougher, than one would expect, even for such a classic venue.

It would be a fucking travesty if the Troubadour closed it's doors.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

L.A. Guns did a live show at the MORC studios. They streamed the show world wide and charged $10 per ticket. GN'R could do the same if they were interested in good marketing strategies and doing something for their fans who wanted to see them live.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/la-guns/2020/morc-studios-burbank-ca-5384bf71.html

Edited by Sosso

Considering they can barely stream concerts they've already played, I think getting them to play AND stream a live show at this point is not even close to a possibility.

It's a good idea though, assuming they sound good!

On 20/06/2020 at 12:36 AM, doakes said:

He kinda jumped up onto one of the monitors on stage, and must've cracked the bone immediately because he just as quickly fell backwards. Got back up, pants split, broken foot and kept fucking going.

-- 

I knew the "ought" would get flack, obviously, there's a lot of "oughts"-- but seeing Duff talking about the Troubadour, spurred this post. I had to at least put it out there... 

Initially I was thinking they could shoot something new from there, but as you guys have pointed out-- There already is footage from the 2016 show and streaming that odyssey would probably fetch more interest. People would certainly pay to watch the April Fools show.

For as many greats that have played there, Gn'R is probably the most prolific band to have played their very first shows there.

Technically it's in West Hollywood, but more broadly LA City/County officials have not been very kind to historical properties... the wrecking ball has become very popular.. The Sunset Strip is nearly unrecognizable, with spots like Viper Room, Tower already in jeopardy of being torn down and turned into high rises.. I've worked with local preservation groups and getting historical landmark status is tougher, than one would expect, even for such a classic venue.

Prolific? I think you mean successful. GNR are not a prolific band :lol:

On 19/06/2020 at 6:13 PM, gnrjanus said:

I believe he didnt notice untill after the show due to the adrenelin

No, he said in an interview that he turned to Duff and said "I think I broke my foot" straight away when it happened.

On 6/19/2020 at 4:36 PM, doakes said:

Maybe someone else could buy it and operate it again, if that happened?

On 6/21/2020 at 4:46 PM, Sosso said:

L.A. Guns did a live show at the MORC studios. They streamed the show world wide and charged $10 per ticket. GN'R could do the same if they were interested in good marketing strategies and doing something for their fans who wanted to see them live.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/la-guns/2020/morc-studios-burbank-ca-5384bf71.html

I watched the Gilby Clarke stream that they did at MORC studios, great show. I'm going to check out the LA Guns one also.