Prince - Sign O The Times - Super Deluxe

RussTCB

I got this sucker pre-ordered and ready to go!  The amount of material on this release is insane and is arguably one of Prince's best albums and most interesting periods for unreleased material

Even before Prince's passing a deluxe version of this album was on my "holy grail" wishlist and I am so glad to see it coming to fruition!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WhazUp said:

I got this sucker pre-ordered and ready to go!  The amount of material on this release is insane and is arguably one of Prince's best albums and most interesting periods for unreleased material

Even before Prince's passing a deluxe version of this album was on my "holy grail" wishlist and I am so glad to see it coming to fruition!

Yep, I'm absolutely picking the vinyl set up on day 1 without question. I'm the same way in that I've wanted something like this well before he passed. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Yep, I'm absolutely picking the vinyl set up on day 1 without question. I'm the same way in that I've wanted something like this well before he passed. 

Let me get my next paycheck, and that sucker is mine. Prince and Chris Cornell are the deaths that really hit me recently. Not much more than a cursory knowledge of his discography, but you can't deny the value and greatness of this release

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

I see your point but his estate are only doing this now he has hit the bucket and there looking for cash.

Hopefully with Faxl hits it we get some tunes.

I agree overall but it's also good to finally get to hear all of this stuff. They're doing it really well too. The 1999 Super Deluxe was FANTASTIC so I'm beyond excited for this one. 

29 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

I see your point but his estate are only doing this now he has hit the bucket and there looking for cash.

Hopefully with Faxl hits it we get some tunes.

I hope the fat boy does it before then.  Then again if axl carks it,  TB start selling all unreleased stuff as a money making machine like jimi hendrixs estate i would be happy as well.

Edited by Sydney Fan

• 4 weeks later...
On 26/06/2020 at 9:25 AM, RussTCB said:

https://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/prince-sign-o-the-times-reissue/

TONS of information in the link above.

Highlights: 63 unreleased tracks, completely unreleased live album, completely unreleased DVD. 

FIRE.

Attention Guns N' Roses; this is how you release a Super Deluxe Edition.

One of my fav prince albums and period. Will be looking into this release.

• Like 1