On 06/07/2020 at 12:20 PM, Drexl said:

On Illusions, Dizzy didn't play on Yesterdays and So Fine. He's so fucking useless.

Now I know Dizzy is pretty, but he's not as pretty as a pair of titties.

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, muzzay1130 said:

oh really? ok... how to tune pianos? I think GnR might be the only ones to play half down tuned... maybe...

I'm not too well versed in what brands/models they are using, but most digital pianos have a transpose function so if you're using a digital piano just drop it a semitone. I know at the very least at least one of my other favourite bands (The Killers) also transpose their keyboards since most of their catalogue is a half-step down. I'm sure there are others too!

16 hours ago, downzy said:

Dizzy’s playing on almost every other Illusions song says otherwise. 

Wrong. The best piano parts were done by Axl. Estranged, 14 Years, Yesterdays and so on. I'm pretty sure Axl also wrote Dust N' Bones and Locomotive piano stuff, but he let Dizzy play on these tracks.

25 minutes ago, Drexl said:

Wrong. The best piano parts were done by Axl. Estranged, 14 Years, Yesterdays and so on. I'm pretty sure Axl also wrote Dust N' Bones and Locomotive piano stuff, but he let Dizzy play on these tracks.

And yet Dizzy is a better piano player.  A lot of the songs you listed aren't the hardest songs to play on piano, with Axl using the piano more as a percussionist instrument (Estranged, November Rain), or limited to fills (Yesterdays, 14 years).

Dizzy's parts on Civil War, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Breakdown, and others have far more to them than Axl's contributions on the piano from a playing perspective.  

Do you even play the piano?  I have a hard time believing anyone who actually plays would hold such an opinion.  

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, downzy said:

And yet Dizzy is a better piano player.  A lot of the songs you listed aren't the hardest songs to play on piano, with Axl using the piano more as a percussionist instrument (Estranged, November Rain), or limited to fills (Yesterdays, 14 years).

Dizzy's parts on Civil War, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Breakdown, and others have far more to them than Axl's contributions on the piano from a playing perspective.  

Do you even play the piano?  I have a hard time believing anyone who actually plays would hold such an opinion.  

So it's a technical aspect? Then I'm out. ;)

Edit:

Just checked out... On Breakdown also Axl did play. :axl92:

Edited by Drexl
2 hours ago, Drexl said:

There's a stark difference between being proficient at composition and being a good player. These are two distinct skills. Some musicians can do both well, but that is not always the case. Axl is clearly a great songwriter on the piano. However, he was smart enough to let Dizzy take these parts as Dizzy is a much more technical piano player. This doesn't mean that Dizzy would have been able to write those songs though. 

• Like 1
21 hours ago, IndiannaRose said:

There's a stark difference between being proficient at composition and being a good player. These are two distinct skills. Some musicians can do both well, but that is not always the case. Axl is clearly a great songwriter on the piano. However, he was smart enough to let Dizzy take these parts as Dizzy is a much more technical piano player. This doesn't mean that Dizzy would have been able to write those songs though. 

Of course Dizzy is a better piano player, that's his only job. But, please, don't make him an exceptional one, because he's far away from that. He's Axl's little bitch, that's what he is.

21 hours ago, Italian girl said:

Btw, Is axl a good piano player? :P

It's about facts. Dizzy barely played on Illusions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Despite the simplicity of the piano parts in Guns, for all we know Axl might spend his free time playing some intricate Chopin and Liszt pieces and we'd be none the wiser!

• Like 1