Unreleased Greatest Hits

4 hours ago, dando said:

Are you always arrogant or is it just reserved for me? 

Haven't you noticed it at a gig? It empties towards the bar and toilets

I went to two shows during the NITL tour at MetLife Stadium and Madison Square Garden. During both shows, the crowd stayed for November Rain and Sweet Child. In fact, I still remember how surreal it was when the entire crowd at MetLife sang Sweet Child with Axl.  I think you are wrong about that. 

Edited by Draguns
typo

6 minutes ago, Draguns said:

I went to two shows during the NITL tour at MetLife Stadium and Madison Square Garden. During both shows, the crowd stayed for November Rain and Sweet Child. In fact, I still remember how surreal it was when the entire crowd at MetLife sang Sweet Child with Axl.  I think you are wrong about that. 

Absolutely not, especially London 2017..the crowd was loud but there was like 70k in there both nights, you could see a lot sloping off for a beer or the bog.. If you know anything about a live gnr gig... They're up there with the two weakest songs

10 minutes ago, dando said:

Absolutely not, especially London 2017..the crowd was loud but there was like 70k in there both nights, you could see a lot sloping off for a beer or the bog.. If you know anything about a live gnr gig... They're up there with the two weakest songs

Yeah, right, GN'R's two most popular songs are the "weakest" and least popular at their live shows. Absolute nonsense.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, DonkeyNuts said:

Yeah, right, GN'R's two most popular songs are the "weakest" and least popular at their live shows. Absolute nonsense.

Live they are yes but not as weak as Better ..... Popular yes as everyone knows them, good live, no

2017 was outstanding, like 16 was but still had weaker parts and brilliant strong parts, the hight outnumbered the lows definitely 

Edited by dando

6 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I agree, a proper mix of State of Grace with a great Robin or Buckethead solo added (or Richard, Slash or whomever) and perhaps refined, final vocals (if the leak was scratch vocals as some say) 

I especially like the intro to that song. Reminds of the classic '90s Doom PC game music. I hope they keep that, and the 8-bit sounding Atlas intro.

The vocals are scratch, there's parts where he's not singing words and kinda humming. But I like what he was getting and really hope it gets finished!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dando said:

Live they are yes... Popular yes, good live, no

Just give up dude, no one who's seen GN'R live agrees with you that the place "empties towards the bar and toilets". Very odd statement to make, I guess you just don't enjoy the songs, and want to justify your opinion somehow (which you don't need to do), enjoy what you enjoy.

Just now, DonkeyNuts said:

Just give up dude, no one who's seen GN'R live agrees with you that the place "empties towards the bar and toilets". Very odd statement to make, I guess you just don't enjoy the songs, and want to justify your opinion somehow (which you don't need to do), enjoy what you enjoy.

Oh dear, really? They're great tracks by the band... Huge hits but live, poor really.. If it takes a crowd to make the song good that says a lot

The better live tracks we're always the opening 5 in 2017, civil war, Coma was ace back then & Patience and the seeker, all brilliant, but ill stand by it... Live, scom and nov, are weak

7 minutes ago, dando said:

Oh dear, really? They're great tracks by the band... Huge hits but live, poor really.. If it takes a crowd to make the song good that says a lot

The better live tracks we're always the opening 5 in 2017, civil war, Coma was ace back then & Patience and the seeker, all brilliant, but ill stand by it... Live, scom and nov, are weak

You've changed your argument now... you said everyone uses those songs as a piss break. Simply not true, they are the bands biggest songs and most of the audience are casual fans who are there to see those songs. Who cares if they're weak or whatever, that's not what we're talking about. In fact, I do use Sweet Child as a piss break! Cos the toilets are fucking empty during that song!

Edited by DonkeyNuts

8 minutes ago, DonkeyNuts said:

You've changed your argument now... you said everyone uses those songs as a piss break. Simply not true, they are the bands biggest songs and most of the audience are casual fans who are there to see those songs. Who cares if they're weak or whatever, that's not what we're talking about.

Nope, again, please read it.. at the 2017 shows a lot used scom, nov and heavens too for a toilet and beer, those who've seen gnr before know they're usually rubbish live, casuals tended to stick there as that's what they turned up to see. Nobody can deny they are weak live tracks, the rest is usually very good and was in 2017&18. Believe what u like but the shows i attended then, thats what went on. A big hit can be crap live and an unknown to some can be ace

Seems you cant understand that   find me a great sweet child live from 16 on... Starts good with into and dies a death til the solo again, its 2 or 3 poor live tracks from a minimum 2.5 hour show... Chill out pal

Edited by dando

5 minutes ago, dando said:

Seems you cant understand that   find me a great sweet child live from 16 on... Starts good with into and dies a death til the solo again, its 2 or 3 poor live tracks from a minimum 2.5 hour show... Chill out pal

Why? I never stated Sweet Child was great live. Why do I need to prove a point I didn't make? 

Okey folks, 60k people in a stadium, every song is a piss brake for some folks, 60k in one place, 1% at least need to take a piss after drinking lots of beer all day.

Went to 4 shows, people where pissing all the time at every song

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, DonkeyNuts said:

Why? I never stated Sweet Child was great live. Why do I need to prove a point I didn't make? 

You've been banging the drum all night on it, i agree they're big hits.. Are they good live, no & that's what you've been arguing against! 

Plus incase you want to make anything else up, i said people use it for a beer & pee break... Not the place empties as you lied and said

3 minutes ago, Radiv123 said:

Okey folks, 60k people in a stadium, every song is a piss brake for some folks, 60k in one place, 1% at least need to take a piss after drinking lots of beer all day.

Went to 4 shows, people where pissing all the time at every song

Weak bladders in your area or strong beer 😂 

Just now, The Matinator said:

Damn GNR release some new music, your fans are so bored they’re debating weather or not  people take a piss break during your 2 biggest hits lol

Lol so true.

Setlist is so predictable, and has been for ages now even pre NITL, that you know when you got plenty of time. TBH it made me enjoy my last show (NITL) as I could just enjoy the gig and some drinks and come n' go as I please knowing I wouldn't be missing anything. 

In saying that, despite enjoying that show, and seeing them at a minimum of a dozen times now - I won't be seeing them again until new music is released, or prices more realistic, or something changes.

8 hours ago, DonkeyNuts said:

Yes they are Axl's weakest songs of the set. By far. Been so since he returned in 2001.

But to be honest, after 2010 almost much all songs became his weaker ones. Especially YCBM and Rocket Queen.

8 hours ago, dando said:

London 2017 first night I was in the golden circle - the first time in my life I've ever heard an echo from how just many people were singing SCOM in unison. SCOM is the song people run back from the bogs/beer queues to listen to.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

London 2017 first night I was in the golden circle - the first time in my life I've ever heard an echo from how just many people were singing SCOM in unison. SCOM is the song people run back from the bogs/beer queues to listen to.

You're forgetting in the GC you cant see what's going on behind you.. People going for a pee and a beer, definitely was but there was 70k or so in there 

1 hour ago, UcudBmine said:

Yes they are Axl's weakest songs of the set. By far. Been so since he returned in 2001.

But to be honest, after 2010 almost much all songs became his weaker ones. Especially YCBM and Rocket Queen.

Ive thought before could they open with YCBM as by the time they get to it in the set, axl is already out of puff... Hit it first and hes fresh? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dando said:

You're forgetting in the GC you cant see what's going on behind you.. People going for a pee and a beer, definitely was but there was 70k or so in there 

Ive thought before could they open with YCBM as by the time they get to it in the set, axl is already out of puff... Hit it first and hes fresh? 

YCBM as an opener could definitely work, I would like to see that. 

But man I've been listening to the Bucharest 2010 show, YCBM and RQ from that night are right up there with Axl's best 90's performances. He was on fire that night

37 minutes ago, dando said:

Yeah for sure, can't see everyone and it's natural that people will be going in and out but my main point was that I could hear the echo of people singing along with that song for the first time in my life (seen 15 GNR shows), highlighting mainly how big the venue is and how many people there were!

5 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

Yeah for sure, can't see everyone and it's natural that people will be going in and out but my main point was that I could hear the echo of people singing along with that song for the first time in my life (seen 15 GNR shows), highlighting mainly how big the venue is and how many people there were!

Im not saying it wasn't a great noise made but there was people walking off once they heard a weak version of a big hit.. Pretty similar at Download too if you we're stood on the hill 

16 minutes ago, UcudBmine said:

YCBM as an opener could definitely work, I would like to see that. 

But man I've been listening to the Bucharest 2010 show, YCBM and RQ from that night are right up there with Axl's best 90's performances. He was on fire that night

Outstanding gig from the bits I've seen

12 minutes ago, dando said:

The whole section from Slash's solo to the end of knockin isn't a highlight for me tbh, throw in Michelle or OTGM bang on, throw in lineman and wish u were here and its a drag

Edited by dando

11 hours ago, dando said:

I agree with the songs you listed that you consider good, and I must be one of the few that actually love The Seeker and how the band and in particular, Axl sound on it. In fact, forget all the layered complex bullshit demos and industrial ambitions of the past, I would dearly love to have an album of Axl just doing straight up 70’s & 80’s style rock. He sounds like he was born for it, and watching him live a few times singing it he looks like he really enjoys it.