Guns N’ Roses, Eagles, Pearl Jam Took PPP Loans for Canceled Tours

1 hour ago, dando said:

And i bet some have lost lives, im certainly not pulling Guns down here

That is possible, but if so, it would be very few. I forget the recovery rate, but isn't it 99% or more recover who get it?

GN'R is a business, so I can understand them getting such a loan.

2 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Each of these bands have large crews that no longer have jobs. 

The music business is entirely affected by Covid during this time and in the future. That’s exactly what these loans were meant for. It keeps people paid intermediately. Theres a lot of overhead for these bands 

Edited by guitarpatch

2 hours ago, Sweersa said:

That is possible, but if so, it would be very few. I forget the recovery rate, but isn't it 99% or more recover who get it?

GN'R is a business, so I can understand them getting such a loan.

Death rate is around 5% in the US but we won’t know real numbers for a long time. Mild cases are now showing serious brain, lung and heart damage in very high numbers.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bassplayer1993 said:

Well we paid for the tickets for shows we're not gonna get, so they already got the money... how about a payout for us?

The band have a downpayment booking fee, they wouldn't get their entire fee right off the bat. The band doesn't have our money, that's down to the promoter and livenation... of course GNR could have cancelled like the other bands in the exact same situation, but they didn't... and for that they can fuck themselves😄Funnily enough, as much hatred I have for how they handled this, I have been listening to more GNR than in the entire last 6 months together!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bassplayer1993 said:

Well we paid for the tickets for shows we're not gonna get, so they already got the money... how about a payout for us?

The bastards at Ticketmaster/Live Nation have our money. They also want GNR to do the shows for 20% less than the original price. 

I'd like to see GNR tell them to go fuck themselves, and for us all to get our money back. I'm not sure (under the new policy) whether GNR could do this though, without having to PAY Ticketmaster/Live Nation. 

Ticketmaster/Live Nation have both fans and artists over a barrel. 

12 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

The bastards at Ticketmaster/Live Nation have our money. They also want GNR to do the shows for 20% less than the original price. 

I'd like to see GNR tell them to go fuck themselves, and for us all to get our money back. I'm not sure (under the new policy) whether GNR could do this though, without having to PAY Ticketmaster/Live Nation. 

Ticketmaster/Live Nation have both fans and artists over a barrel. 

I know some people will say "big artist should pool together yada, yada" but livenation basically own and or run the worlds supply of good venues, they have made it so they are the only game in town... how they have been allowed to get into such a position of power when there are regulatory bodies in place to prevent such things?? you have to assume hands were greased! 

The only thing that is confusing is that some bands who were going on world stadium tours, cancelled and got their fans refunds... GNR? same position but they didn't cancel and the dates are nowhere to be seen! I just would love to hear a clear answer to what's going on with our money. That's the question I wanted answered over new music even! although, if it was lose my €100 or get new music in a week, i'd obviously go with new music! 😄

17 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I know some people will say "big artist should pool together yada, yada" but livenation basically own and or run the worlds supply of good venues, they have made it so they are the only game in town... how they have been allowed to get into such a position of power when there are regulatory bodies in place to prevent such things?? you have to assume hands were greased! 

The only thing that is confusing is that some bands who were going on world stadium tours, cancelled and got their fans refunds... GNR? same position but they didn't cancel and the dates are nowhere to be seen! I just would love to hear a clear answer to what's going on with our money. That's the question I wanted answered over new music even! although, if it was lose my €100 or get new music in a week, i'd obviously go with new music! 😄

Yep. People did voice their concerns about the merger, but as usual, big money talked and the aggressive capitalists won. We're now seeing the inevitable results as they increase their stranglehold over an impoverished industry. But, again as ever, people's concerns weren't listening to or were dismissed as "anti-business". 

It is absurd that the dates are nowhere to be seen, but there's no profit for them in announcing them. Once they do, the avenues for refunds have to be opened, and money goes out. Very little (if any) will come in as very few people who don't already have tickets will buy them. They won't sell more - they've probably sold all they ever will now. 

I think the dates at this point will be in place, ready to go, but there's some sort of deliberate stalling going on, for either the reason above, or because of issues around them getting a lesser fee. I honestly think we might not hear anything until November/December time, which is when the Europe shows were initially announced. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Yep. People did voice their concerns about the merger, but as usual, big money talked and the aggressive capitalists won. We're now seeing the inevitable results as they increase their stranglehold over an impoverished industry. But, again as ever, people's concerns weren't listening to or were dismissed as "anti-business". 

It is absurd that the dates are nowhere to be seen, but there's no profit for them in announcing them. Once they do, the avenues for refunds have to be opened, and money goes out. Very little (if any) will come in as very few people who don't already have tickets will buy them. They won't sell more - they've probably sold all they ever will now. 

I think the dates at this point will be in place, ready to go, but there's some sort of deliberate stalling going on, for either the reason above, or because of issues around them getting a lesser fee. I honestly think we might not hear anything until November/December time, which is when the Europe shows were initially announced. 

That would be an incredible wait! but as has been repeated a lot! our consumer rights right now afford us nothing! 

I remember Axl ranting about Livenations hold on the industry before. I remember talking about it too, and buggar all people cared... now of course they will care! but when the deal is done it's hard to go back! much easier to prevent something than fix it! ah well! there's nothing new in the small people getting trampled on!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

That would be an incredible wait! but as has been repeated a lot! our consumer rights right now afford us nothing! 

I remember Axl ranting about Livenations hold on the industry before. I remember talking about it too, and buggar all people cared... now of course they will care! but when the deal is done it's hard to go back! much easier to prevent something than fix it! ah well! there's nothing new in the small people getting trampled on!

Couldn't agree more. Especially in the climate of "we've had enough of experts" and willful dismissal of people with insight, facts or evidence we find ourselves in. 

People only care when something inconveniences them personally, sadly. Up until that point they'd rather know, as it might disrupt their tiny little world. 

Anyway......come on GNR! WHERE'S OUR FUCKING MONEY! haha! 

• GNFNR 1

If this pandemic keeps major rock shows shut down for years to come, these skilled laborours could also be employed with stimulus moneys to build green infrastructure. Riggers go up high, them and the electricians would be perfectly suited to work solar and wind energy. And all these skilled labourers can tool new facilities and all that jazz! :headbang:

1 hour ago, bigcountry said:

These loans will not have to be paid back as long as they keep there workers on payroll which is exactly what these loans are for.

Yeah but the article says "small business loans" I'm not sure rock concerts fit that category. Unless those bands play small venues like The Troubadour.

28 minutes ago, Padme said:

Yeah but the article says "small business loans" I'm not sure rock concerts fit that category. Unless those bands play small venues like The Troubadour.

Small business is more defined in the amount of people they employ. The SBA program was designed to keep people employed on payroll in businesses that were affected by Covid instead of those workers being unemployed and therefore on state unemployment. The music business has been affected and they surely do qualify.

This also isn’t Slash/Duff/Axl paying themselves. It’s everyone else they have on payroll. People in their camp rely on those shows happening for income. Shows provide the infrastructure for that to happen. You can ask why don’t they pay them out of their personal pockets, but that’s really a lot to ask (although I’m sure they would have given it some thought otherwise).

These were funds specifically made available for them to use here for that purpose. It’s a no brainer decision to take it and keep their people paid 

3 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Small business is more defined in the amount of people they employ. The SBA program was designed to keep people employed on payroll in businesses that were affected by Covid instead of those workers being unemployed and therefore on state unemployment. The music business has been affected and they surely do qualify.

This also isn’t Slash/Duff/Axl paying themselves. It’s everyone else they have on payroll. People in their camp rely on those shows happening for income. Shows provide the infrastructure for that to happen. You can ask why don’t they pay them out of their personal pockets, but that’s really a lot to ask (although I’m sure they would have given it some thought otherwise).

These were funds specifically made available for them to use here for that purpose. It’s a no brainer decision to take it and keep their people paid 

I thought for that loan you didn't have to repay it if you put all your employees back on the payroll when the business opened up.  I don't see concerts happening for a long time.  I wonder how long they have to get people back on the payroll.

Joke, so much criminality, Government should have just given $2,500 to everyone over 18 and it would have cost a fraction of what this 3 Trillion dollar bailout cost, just a joke how so many people got so much money and it ultimately has to he paid by those who got nothing more than a 1 time 1,200 check