Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Overplayed and boring to die hards, for sure, but overrated? Fuck off. The first time you heard it you came in your pants and you know it. Its a classic track.

All of AFD/S Hope people know i am being sarcastic 

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

You see the irony right? "Nobody rates that shit" 🤣

Also, plenty of people on and off the forums love CD, some even consider it their favourite guns album, some rate certain songs from the album in their top 5 of all time. Your opinion on people being hopeless because they like a record you don't, is in itself hopeless. 

Yeah. I knew some wiseass would take issue with it. The majority of the public don't give a shit about CD, as do most GNR fans, especially ones who were around when GNR still was GNR. So it can't be overrated. That doesn't mean that I can't like a song or two of Axl's solo album.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, circusboy666 said:

Think about you....thought it’s sucked since 1987

It is generally classified as one of the bottom ranked songs on Appetite so I am not sure how it is over rated.. My take would be under rated. I have always loved that song and might even like it more now than I did back in the day. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yeah. I knew some wiseass would take issue with it. The majority of the public don't give a shit about CD, as do most GNR fans, especially ones who were around when GNR still was GNR. So it can't be overrated. That doesn't mean that I can't like a song or two of Axl's solo album.

Well you spoke so definitive, it didn't leave much room for a song or two to be good. And wiseass, It's as much Guns N Roses as whatever the next album is, so get over it... 

I'm not talking about the majority of the public or GNR fans, I'm talking exclusively about the people who did enjoy it and whether you like it or not there are a lot of people who love the record. I love it, and I wasn't around in 87... but I think i'm qualified enough to figure out what is and isn't good. Also, I don't have some rose tinted nostalgic idea of what GNR should be... which I get! but I much prefer being able to enjoy the past and the future without the constant "But I liked it when..."

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Well you spoke so definitive, it didn't leave much room for a song or two to be good. And wiseass, It's as much Guns N Roses as whatever the next album is, so get over it... 

I'm not talking about the majority of the public or GNR fans, I'm talking exclusively about the people who did enjoy it and whether you like it or not there are a lot of people who love the record. I love it, and I wasn't around in 87... but I think i'm qualified enough to figure out what is and isn't good. Also, I don't have some rose tinted nostalgic idea of what GNR should be... which I get! but I much prefer being able to enjoy the past and the future without the constant "But I liked it when..."

1/5 is not the same as 3/5. 

Edited by Free Bird
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/07/2020 at 8:37 PM, EvH said:

Coma. Too long, overblown, doesn't really go anywhere 

I would say this one too.  I'm not a regular GnR listener by any stretch but I was when I was a kid, very much so...and this song I've almost exclusively skipped in my time, exactly as you say, doesn't go anywhere.  I could've put Sympathy for the Devil too but then for something to be overrated it has to first be rated, which Sympathy ain't by anyone who isn't profoundly mentally ill.  Not counting Chi Dem for the same reason.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

Killer math work there Freebird!

Let's wait until we hear the album and then let's see where opinions sit. 

You don't have to be a professor of mathematics to know that. The bigger question is if there will be a new GNR album ever again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

You don't have to be a professor of mathematics to know that. The bigger question is if there will be a new GNR album ever again.

Ah I was pulling your leg😁

And I 100% agree! it is a big IF!! loads of demos though, so they'll eventually leak 20+ years from now! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Killer math work there Freebird!

Let's wait until we hear the album and then let's see where opinions sit. 

I think that with some bands, 1 band member quits, even 2, it's still essentially the same band cause only some of the band members in that band were responsible for the sound, the feel, the direction, and the vibe of the music. Gn'R is not that type of band imo. As soon as 1 band member left, it was still Gn'R, but not as much Gn'R as it was with Steven and not as much Gn'R as it was with Izzy.

with Slash and Duff back in the band it's logical it will be more Gn'R compared to Chinese Democracy cause what made Gn'R what it was in the first place was the combination of the 5 different individuals that recorded AFD and Lies. Each member was extremely important and the musical interaction between them made it the unified construct it was.

just like how the Chinese material doesn't sound the same without Robin and Bucket.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Back off bitch

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

I think that with some bands, 1 band member quits, even 2, it's still essentially the same band cause only some of the band members in that band were responsible for the sound, the feel, the direction, and the vibe of the music. Gn'R is not that type of band imo. As soon as 1 band member left, it was still Gn'R, but not as much Gn'R as it was with Steven and not as much Gn'R as it was with Izzy.

with Slash and Duff back in the band it's logical it will be more Gn'R compared to Chinese Democracy cause what made Gn'R what it was in the first place was the combination of the 5 different individuals that recorded AFD and Lies. Each member was extremely important and the musical interaction between them made it the unified construct it was.

just like how the Chinese material doesn't sound the same without Robin and Bucket.

 

The band was fine without Steven. Matt was a great member. But GNR is one of those rare bands that being a original member does matter because the original members had an attitude that is not replaceable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Back off bitch

The band was fine without Steven. Matt was a great member. But GNR is one of those rare bands that being a original member does matter because the original members had an attitude that is not replaceable.

Tracii Guns and the other original members certainly had attitude! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rovim said:

I think that with some bands, 1 band member quits, even 2, it's still essentially the same band cause only some of the band members in that band were responsible for the sound, the feel, the direction, and the vibe of the music. Gn'R is not that type of band imo. As soon as 1 band member left, it was still Gn'R, but not as much Gn'R as it was with Steven and not as much Gn'R as it was with Izzy.

with Slash and Duff back in the band it's logical it will be more Gn'R compared to Chinese Democracy cause what made Gn'R what it was in the first place was the combination of the 5 different individuals that recorded AFD and Lies. Each member was extremely important and the musical interaction between them made it the unified construct it was.

just like how the Chinese material doesn't sound the same without Robin and Bucket.

 

I totally agree with that, I was more saying that if the rumours are true and we're getting CD II with slash and Duff inserted into the mix then it's not really all that different. Obviously I accept that having Slash and Duff on a record with Axl is automatically closer to that original GNR sound though! But for me, I 100% accept CD as a GNR record too, even though the traditional sound was largely replaced as well as the majority of the key members.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I totally agree with that, I was more saying that if the rumours are true and we're getting CD II with slash and Duff inserted into the mix then it's not really all that different. Obviously I accept that having Slash and Duff on a record with Axl is automatically closer to that original GNR sound though! But for me, I 100% accept CD as a GNR record too, even though the traditional sound was largely replaced as well as the majority of the key members.

will be interesting to hear another Gn'R record if it ever comes out. If Axl does release new music, I don't think anything is set in stone yet, just a guess. It could be anywhere from mainly old unreleased Chinese tunes/old Gn'R tunes that are reworked by Slash and Duff to more of a hybrid between Axl's ideas and Slash compositions.

personally, I don't believe Slash will just play the role Bumble played or will just mostly play on top of existing Axl tunes. Bucket got to write 3 tunes that made it and even Pitman got 1 in there so I think Slash especially (but Duff as well) will get to contribute a lot.

Axl said it back in 1999: no one writes a riff quite like Slash does so maybe Axl missed having that element at his disposal but who knows, really.

Edited by Rovim
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rovim said:

will be interesting to hear another Gn'R record if it ever comes out. If Axl does release new music, I don't think anything is set in stone yet, just a guess. It could be anywhere from mainly old unreleased Chinese tunes/old Gn'R tunes that are reworked by Slash and Duff to more of a hybrid between Axl's ideas and Slash compositions.

personally, I don't believe Slash will just play the role Bumble played or will just mostly play on top of existing Axl tunes. Bucket got to write 3 tunes that made it and even Pitman got 1 in there so I think Slash especially (but Duff as well) will get to contribute a lot.

Axl said it back in 1999: no one writes a riff quite like Slash does so maybe Axl missed having that element at his disposal but who knows, really.

As much as I want to hear the CD II that was ready, I hope you are right! I don't want to hear Slash pushed into that role... and like you I don't think Slash would do it, unless it was the only way to get the band back on the road.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

loads of demos though, so they'll eventually leak 20+ years from now! 

I can see this place exploding in 2040 when the first GNR music with Slash and Duff since 1994 leaks

  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...