Jump to content

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

I can see this place exploding in 2040 when the first GNR music with Slash and Duff since 1994 leaks

I wonder what the likelihood of GN'R having another break-up or falling out is.

If that's the case, imagine a nu-nu-GN'R

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Overplayed and boring to die hards, for sure, but overrated? Fuck off. The first time you heard it you came in your pants and you know it. Its a classic track.

All of AFD/S Hope people know i am being sarcastic 

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I wonder what the likelihood of GN'R having another break-up or falling out is.

If that's the case, imagine a nu-nu-GN'R

In an alternate world, it would have been interesting to see what the reaction to nuGuns would have been after the AC/DC run... I don't think they were about to go on a stadium run, but they could have got a bit of steam. Ah well, I'll take more of the same / slightly lethargic GNR over GNR with DJ Ashba. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

In an alternate world, it would have been interesting to see what the reaction to nuGuns would have been after the AC/DC run... I don't think they were about to go on a stadium run, but they could have got a bit of steam. Ah well, I'll take more of the same / slightly lethargic GNR over GNR with DJ Ashba. 

Especially if they dropped CD2 in 2014 (give or take a few years)

I really wish we had that album with the CD era lineup, missed opportunity really. Ideally having Bucket in the band for the release of both albums (CD 1 and 2) would have been great. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Especially if they dropped CD2 in 2014 (give or take a few years)

I really wish we had that album with the CD era lineup, missed opportunity really. Ideally having Bucket in the band for the release of both albums (CD 1 and 2) would have been great. 

Coulda woulda shoulda!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Ah I was pulling your leg😁

And I 100% agree! it is a big IF!! loads of demos though, so they'll eventually leak 20+ years from now! 

At the latest when Axl dies there should be some kind of release I think.

I really hope it doesn't take that long :lol:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, PirateRadio said:

Not to be an insensitive prick, but I’d take the deal — nothing while Axl is alive; everything when he dies. Things are that bleak right now.

not necessarily. I don't believe there is a lack of interest to release another album. I think there's a lack of interest to release just another Gn'R album, more of the same, with no progress to distinguish it from past works. The other part of it is overthinking it maybe cause it might mean a lot to Axl, too much to release something he would end up not liking and something that will fail. That's how I suspect it might be.

it must be hard to live up to the Gn'R name and the high quality that is expected from the band. And the reunion fucked shit up again cause now it would be silly to not revisit the material and incorporate Slash and Duff as much as possible imo.

but Axl does have a lot of material to draw from, and Slash always comes up with a lot of ideas as well.

why work on something if you have no intention to release it? I don't believe it's enough for Axl to just complete shit and hoard it, he probably just wants to find the "right" tunes, release the "right" kind of album.

it was like that before Appetite got released as well, but now Axl can actually do whatever he wants so there is no real deadline. I don't think even Axl knows. When it's done, it's done and then they need to choose how they want to release it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/07/2020 at 5:23 PM, Tom2112 said:

In an alternate world, it would have been interesting to see what the reaction to nuGuns would have been after the AC/DC run... I don't think they were about to go on a stadium run, but they could have got a bit of steam. Ah well, I'll take more of the same / slightly lethargic GNR over GNR with DJ Ashba. 

I watched the proshot of the 2010 Puerto Rico show. Looked a lot better than anything from 2016-now. Singing, drumming, dare I say guitar work but overall energy. Really wish I saw that tour. NITL was the worst concert I've been too especially since I saw the AXLDC show the year before. I don't think ACDC would have taken Axl if he wasn't already being hyped about being back in old GNR

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Higson95 said:

I watched the proshot of the 2010 Puerto Rico show. Looked a lot better than anything from 2016-now. Singing, drumming, dare I say guitar work but overall energy. Really wish I saw that tour. NITL was the worst concert I've been too especially since I saw the AXLDC show the year before. I don't think ACDC would have taken Axl if he wasn't already being hyped about being back in old GNR

I agree, I thought the last band was much better. I love Slash and Duff, but they have not shined within the NITL lineup so far! And I have no time for Ashba but what have ya! 

In my opinion gnr were actually pretty enjoyable  for the most part up to 2016... 2016, had some great Axl vocals but for the most part the band seemed half cooked... to my ears. It was good, but not as good as what was from 2006-2014. I know a lot of people will disagree but it didn't move the needle for me, no matter how much I wanted it to. Obviously axl was up and down from 2011, not saying things were perfect.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I agree, I thought the last band was much better. I love Slash and Duff, but they have not shined within the NITL lineup so far! And I have no time for Ashba but what have ya! 

In my opinion gnr were actually pretty enjoyable  for the most part up to 2016... 2016, had some great Axl vocals but for the most part the band seemed half cooked... to my ears. It was good, but not as good as what was from 2006-2014. I know a lot of people will disagree but it didn't move the needle for me, no matter how much I wanted it to. Obviously axl was up and down from 2011, not saying things were perfect.

 

Slash isn't at his best with the NITL lineup but he's still undoubtedly the star of the show. In 2016 it was really the Axl/Slash/Duff reunion show, but since then it's pretty much been the Slash & Friends show.

I agree that the songs were mostly better from 2006-2014 though, despite Ashba lol. Axl was definitely hit or miss in those last few years but he could still bring it when he wanted to... which just isn't the case anymore. Parts of his voice are simply gone, and I don't think any amount of rest/training/preparation would get him back to even a 2016 level.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Axl was definitely hit or miss in those last few years but he could still bring it when he wanted to... which just isn't the case anymore. Parts of his voice are simply gone, and I don't think any amount of rest/training/preparation would get him back to even a 2016 level.

it's all still there. all the parts of his voice. Can definitely still bring it like he did with AC/DC on their best shows with him too. it's lack of preparation and not using his voice to it's full potential for the sake of longevity. (alternating between mixed voice, chest, head voice, falsetto, not using a ton of power all the time, etc)

Edited by Rovim
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Rovim said:

it's all still there. all the parts of his voice. Can definitely still bring it like he did with AC/DC on their best shows with him too. it's lack of preparation and not using his voice to it's full potential for the sake of longevity. (alternating between mixed voice, chest, head voice, falsetto, not using a ton of power all the time, etc)

 

I don't think so. The AC/DC tour, and the following 4 years of touring, have obviously worn down his voice. I don't think he could front AC/DC again in the future... I'd like to be wrong but his voice started cracking on the American leg of that tour, and the cracks and instability have only gotten worse since then. Even in 2011-14 I said he could still bring the classic voice if he wanted to, but I don't think that's the case anymore.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

 

I don't think so. The AC/DC tour, and the following 4 years of touring, have obviously worn down his voice. I don't think he could front AC/DC again in the future... I'd like to be wrong but his voice started cracking on the American leg of that tour, and the cracks and instability have only gotten worse since then. Even in 2011-14 I said he could still bring the classic voice if he wanted to, but I don't think that's the case anymore.

voice cracking is not always a sign the singer has reached a point where some of the qualities/capabilities of his voice are gone. In the Gn'R shows from 2016 to 2020 there were always moments here and there where Axl used his voice in such a way that makes it clear he holds back and comes unprepared so you get all kinds of weak performances and using his voice in a way that doesn't fit a certain tune. I guess time will tell. I think this mandatory break will do good for his voice as well. Agree to disagree.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

 

Slash isn't at his best with the NITL lineup but he's still undoubtedly the star of the show. In 2016 it was really the Axl/Slash/Duff reunion show, but since then it's pretty much been the Slash & Friends show.

I agree that the songs were mostly better from 2006-2014 though, despite Ashba lol. Axl was definitely hit or miss in those last few years but he could still bring it when he wanted to... which just isn't the case anymore. Parts of his voice are simply gone, and I don't think any amount of rest/training/preparation would get him back to even a 2016 level.

There are going to be notes that become harder and harder to hit every year, but trading could definitely help him get some body back into his voice. 

And Slash has definitely been the star for a while, even though he's also a big reason for me thinking the show is boring - specifically the prolonged soloing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Live and Let Die

I'll fight you, I actually think it's the best cover they did. Axl sounds great, great layered production (unlike CD), and I love that little reggae breakdown, sounds like they are having fun and it's a break from the usual guns riffage.

Link to post
Share on other sites

November Rain :P

I don't know if overrated is the right word. I can see why it's the most popular along with SCOM and WTTJ I just personally don't like it all that much.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sweet Child O' Mine. I find both its tempo and cheesy concept rather off-putting. for a ballad I find November Rain, Estranged, Catcher in the Rye, This I Love much better examples of ballads on both and more grounds. But that is from my personal perspective. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

November Rain is definitely well over rated, imo.

It did have the potential to be a good song, but missed the mark for the following reasons: 

1. I don't think Axl's raspy voice suits the intro. The softer voice as used in Patience would have been much better.

2. It doesn't have a memorable chorus, which is the key to a catchy song.

3. It's too long 

4. It's a bit overly saccharine, schmaltzy even. 

5. The Slash 'solo' at the end isn't really a solo, it's just a 4 bar riff repeated over and over. A true solo is a longer passage without such repetition. 

6. The whole vibe is centered so much around Axl's tedious relationship woes that you get the impression the rest of the band are just playing along, going through the motions and looking forward to it ending. 

7. Cake.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2020 at 3:50 PM, Screamin' Demon said:

Sweet Child O' Mine. I find both its tempo and cheesy concept rather off-putting.

This I Love 

I hoped she'd never leave me
Please God you must believe me
I've searched the universe
And found myself
Within' her eyes

 

That is the vomit emoji in words. Sounds like a Disney song or some nice-guy stroking a lock of hair. 

Shake it off, Ax. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2020 at 11:17 AM, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

I'll fight you, I actually think it's the best cover they did. Axl sounds great, great layered production (unlike CD), and I love that little reggae breakdown, sounds like they are having fun and it's a break from the usual guns riffage.

It’s got no groove! At least not a good constant groove you can tap your foot to or nod your head to. It is different for them like you said so I’ll give it that. And I actually don’t mind a live version of it here and there. But I like a good beat so it just doesn’t do it for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...