Postponed U.S. Shows - Keep your tix or get refund?

Just now, TheJayman said:

I am looking at going to the Fenway Park show next year.  I have never seen them live before.  1) is it worth it to see them?  2) Do you think I should buy my ticket now, or wait until show day?

Of course go if uve not seen this before loads of people have seen them loads of time including me it is a good day out.

As for tixs nx year is 50 50 as too any shows happen any where  due too C19 it's a gamble no harm in buying 1 it's when you start paying for Flights Hotels Airport parking etc etc it gets expensive.

My top top travel tip for nx year 101% book FREE CANCELLATION Hotels where ever anyone is going the amount of people losing hundreds of GBP cos they pre paid is crazy.

I always book free cancellation- sorry to hear about all the prepaid burns.   Reason I ask about #2 is I don't want to pay $160 for a ticket to have a view if I don't have to- I want to see them on a budget.  If I wait, will I find tickets cheaper?

18 minutes ago, TheJayman said:

I always book free cancellation- sorry to hear about all the prepaid burns.   Reason I ask about #2 is I don't want to pay $160 for a ticket to have a view if I don't have to- I want to see them on a budget.  If I wait, will I find tickets cheaper?

My advice would be absolutely leave it. The venues are way too big for them, so (if the shows happen at all) you should be able to pick up a bargain nearer the time. Worst case scenario is that you end up paying face value (which if you're prepared to do anyway, really isn't a problem). 

As for your question "is it worth it to see them", that's entirely subjective of course. Personally, I'd say yes, especially if you haven't seen them before. The only downer is the expensive ticket price, which hopefully you can afford anyway. I'm sure some people would tell you it isn't worth it anymore, but I'd disagree on that. I'd say go for it. 

Hope that helps! 

Edited by allwaystired

1 hour ago, TheJayman said:

I am looking at going to the Fenway Park show next year.  I have never seen them live before.  1) is it worth it to see them?  2) Do you think I should buy my ticket now, or wait until show day?

Now that question is silly. Of course it's worth it. As for tickets, depends on whether you have any standards on where you want to see them. If you just care to get into the venue, then waiting might be the best option. If you want to be in a specific section, waiting might not be the best idea.

36 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Now that question is silly. Of course it's worth it. As for tickets, depends on whether you have any standards on where you want to see them. If you just care to get into the venue, then waiting might be the best option. If you want to be in a specific section, waiting might not be the best idea.

I think he/she was coming from the angle of "I only know a handful of songs" so was wondering if the money was worth it, rather than anything else. 

That is correct, I am approaching it from the angle of "if I only know a few songs, is it worth it?" (He, by the way, the nickname is short for Jason :-) ) my only standard is that I want to visibly see the stage, without an obstructed view. Aside from that I could care less where I sit :-) )

Edited by TheJayman
Clarify seating question

3 minutes ago, TheJayman said:

That is correct, I am approaching it from the angle of "if I only know a few songs, is it worth it?" (He, by the way, the nickname is short for Jason :-) ) my only standard is that I want to visibly see the stage, without an obstructed view. Aside from that I could care less where I sit :-) )

They play all the songs you might know and thensome, so yes. It is worth it. In your scenario I would wait. There will be plenty of tickets, that give you unobstructed view, available.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

So its been about 20 days since I requested refund through TM and still nothing. They said 30 days (if approved, whatever that means) so hopefully any day now.........

Did they reply to your request? I'm coming from a Europe position here, rather than a US one, but I've not had any responses to my emails. The show is cancelled outright, so I've no idea what's  going on. 

10 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Did they reply to your request? I'm coming from a Europe position here, rather than a US one, but I've not had any responses to my emails. The show is cancelled outright, so I've no idea what's  going on. 

There was a "refund" button to press to our TM account. Shortly after I proceeded with requesting a refunded I had received an automated email indicating that they've received the request, no further action is needed, and it would take up to 30 days. When I log into my account it basically indicates the same. It's on the Canadian side for a postponed show (but I believe the process was the same for the US folks).

18 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

There was a "refund" button to press to our TM account. Shortly after I proceeded with requesting a refunded I had received an automated email indicating that they've received the request, no further action is needed, and it would take up to 30 days. When I log into my account it basically indicates the same. It's on the Canadian side for a postponed show (but I believe the process was the same for the US folks).

Ah ok, thanks. That sounds slightly more orgaised that the total fuckery I'm dealing with at least. It's more like I've bought a ticket to a backyard boxing match and am trying to get money back from a fly-by-night gangster that a large scale concert from Ticketmaster! 

• Like 1

Been in contact with my bank as it's now been over 2 months (!!!) since the show was supposed to happen and not heard a thing regarding any refund.

It seemed quite an easy process to get going.....but I don't know whether it will be successful or not. Got my fingers crossed. 

Do Ticketmaster just expect me to forget about my money and let them keep it?! It's total madness.