Postponed U.S. Shows - Keep your tix or get refund?

18 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Could you do a chargeback on your card maybe? There's a few websites detailing how to do that out there. 

Considered that, but I have since upgraded cards. (Bad timing on the CC company's part, they were sold to another bank and new cards were issued) So not sure how that would work.

20 hours ago, dando said:

I've got my money back for 8 tickets for 4 dates in UK/Ireland, i doubt anyone will play a gig for a couple of years 

I emailed Ticketmaster 3 weeks ago asking for a refund for the Glasgow show but i haven't had a reply from the them.

20 hours ago, WhazUp said:

I will probably keep them just because whenever they do come back I would plan on seeing them so I wouldn't have to go through on sale dates and times again, and if they end up canceling, refunds would be given anyways

Yeah, that's what I'm doing too.

The only concert I"m waiting to hear about is KISS in October. The Motley Crue concert has a new date in August of 2021.  Not sure about GNR?

Foreigner outright cancelled so I got my money back for that. I cancelled Geoff Tate because I still don't think December will be safe for a show in the House of Blues.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BrayWyatt said:

I emailed Ticketmaster 3 weeks ago asking for a refund for the Glasgow show but i haven't had a reply from the them.

You need too submit a claim it's in the London thread took under 14 days which is fair

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Well, shit.

At least I have the tickets, which have the venue name and logo so hopefully they honor them, or enough to issue replacement tickets at least. Worst case, I'm just out a few hundred dollars.

If you go to the concert, whenever that is, that shouldn't be a problem. If you want a refund, they sometimes only refund to the original purchaser.

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

I would say 'fuck them' and I'm glad they're going out of business, but it's really sad to see people with tickets potentially get screwed over. I hope it all works out OK for you, genuinely.

It is sad, yes, but people should know better than to support asshole companies like that.

57 minutes ago, BrayWyatt said:

I got one within 12 hours... Try it again 

54 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Yeah, that's what I'm doing too.

The only concert I"m waiting to hear about is KISS in October. The Motley Crue concert has a new date in August of 2021.  Not sure about GNR?

Foreigner outright cancelled so I got my money back for that. I cancelled Geoff Tate because I still don't think December will be safe for a show in the House of Blues.

Neither Kiss or Motley shows will happen.. This Chinese flu will take forever to get rid of 

The risk is these Stadiums can cost £250,000 too hire out & booking say 10 or 15 Stadiums @ that price I'm not sure what the  deposits are put down but it's a massive massive gamble too shell out for esp for 2021.

Esp festivals with over 100,000 people @ for 3 or 4 days  only takes 1 person you could take down the festival esp with these partys in USA people all getting  infected & that's jus a house party imagine 100,000 all happy together singing too the headline act all sweating.....

Edited by Gavin82

Refund.  If I can figure out how to get it. 

No reason Ticketmaster should earn interest on my money when I can invest it and make some money for myself.  Plus, there will be so much competition next year with all of the postponed tours, the baseball stadiums may no longer be available, or may cost twice the amount for them to rent, so I'd bet it will be a different venue or a (hopefully) much lower price.  Especially if ticket sales were as poor as some were saying.

I'll get my tickets next year closer to the date.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Gavin82 said:

Esp festivals with over 100,000 people @ for 3 or 4 days  only takes 1 person you could take down the festival esp with these partys in USA people all getting  infected & that's jus a house party imagine 100,000 all happy together singing too the headline act all sweating.....

Yeah. But how many people do you really come in contact with, close proximity for a prolonged time??? You're not gonna meet 100,000 people going to a festival. So, depending on the overall infections, that risk shouldnt be all that high. Especially in countries that are doing better.

6 hours ago, dando said:

I cant see a show going ahead to be honest, very optimistic by Sir Elton 

And you're too negative. No one knows what's what.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yeah. But how many people do you really come in contact with, close proximity for a prolonged time??? You're not gonna meet 100,000 people going to a festival. So, depending on the overall infections, that risk shouldnt be all that high. Especially in countries that are doing better.

It's not negative its realistic.. If you think all this will be cleared and over in a year, then I'd lay off the drink & drugs

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

That's it - no-one knows. And certainly not posters on a GNR forum! 

Every day brings new developments. Personally, I can see shows happening next summer in certain places. We're talking 12 months away - a lot can happen in that time. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dando said:

It's not negative its realistic.. If you think all this will be cleared and over in a year, then I'd lay off the drink & drugs

I'd guess many countries will be ready for concerts and sports by next year, but the US will still be a clusterfuck and most American tours won't happen.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

No. Realistic is to admit that nobody knows what will happen in a year.

There's absolutely no chance of masa gatherings being allowed.. Over optimistic, you go to gig then but dont come crying to me when you get covid. More chance of a 2nd wave than it being clear 

51 minutes ago, dando said:

There's absolutely no chance of masa gatherings being allowed.. Over optimistic, you go to gig then but dont come crying to me when you get covid. More chance of a 2nd wave than it being clear 

Well. Go on being negative then. I maintain that no one really knows what will be. If the gig happens, I will go. If not, not, obviously.

• Like 2

I'm starting to believe that there will be no new dates issued before the 60 day window closes.  That should be on July 19th.  Perhaps the tour will not get new dates?  Just cancelled.

Any which way, I will be submitting my refund request as soon as it is available.

Honestly, I don't think there will be any stadium concerts next year either unless something drastic changes for the good.

The Texas Rangers are going to start playing baseball in their new stadium soon. This is the stadium that I would have seen GNR and the Motley Crue tour.

No fans as yet, but who knows? I heard something about season ticket holders being allowed in soon. I guess they would have to separate them farther apart.

43 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Well. Go on being negative then. I maintain that no one really knows what will be. If the gig happens, I will go. If not, not, obviously.

I'll go to all the ones I got a refund for in Europe IF they go ahead.. You must be the only man alive that thinks they will, were not dealing with a sneeze, one guy in a huge crowd could infect and kill loads. While there's a 1% chance of that it'll not happen.. Wake up its reality 

48 minutes ago, dando said:

I'll go to all the ones I got a refund for in Europe IF they go ahead.. You must be the only man alive that thinks they will, were not dealing with a sneeze, one guy in a huge crowd could infect and kill loads. While there's a 1% chance of that it'll not happen.. Wake up its reality 

Where did I say I think they WILL DEFINITELY happen. I'm saying, no one knows either way. And obviously quite some think they will happen, otherwise shows wouldn't get rescheduled left and right to next year. One guy in a crowd could also spread the flu. One guy in a car could cause a massive car accident. So whatever.