Postponed U.S. Shows - Keep your tix or get refund?

Just got an email from TM:

Dear Guns N' Roses Fan and Ticketholder,

We wanted to let you know that the event organizer is working on rebooking a tour for 2021 which includes your event. You will receive another email from us on July 27th with the full details for 2021.

Guns N' Roses
MetLife Stadium
Saturday, July 18th, 2020 at 6:00 PM

Hang on to your tickets - In the next update you receive from us, we'll include information on how to obtain a refund should you be unable to make the new event date. At that time, all fans will be given 30 days to request a refund.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. We look forward to gathering and celebrating the live experience together again.

Ticketmaster Fan Support

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, WAR41 said:

Just got an email from TM:

Dear Guns N' Roses Fan and Ticketholder,

We wanted to let you know that the event organizer is working on rebooking a tour for 2021 which includes your event. You will receive another email from us on July 27th with the full details for 2021.

Guns N' Roses
MetLife Stadium
Saturday, July 18th, 2020 at 6:00 PM

Hang on to your tickets - In the next update you receive from us, we'll include information on how to obtain a refund should you be unable to make the new event date. At that time, all fans will be given 30 days to request a refund.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. We look forward to gathering and celebrating the live experience together again.

Ticketmaster Fan Support

They said that for us in EU 6th July still nothing 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

The funniest thing is the entire world has been in lock down sitting down too plan all this should have been easy it's not like they  can have an excuse too have been too busy living the dream lols yes Hotels & shops & gyms & even recording studios have all been closed  around the world its hilarious 

Edited by Gavin82
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

So does it mention rescheduling or just refunds? Is it for the US or Europe dates? 

US (Minneapolis).   Full email- 

Hi William,

Thanks for reaching out! We understand your concern and apologize for the delay to request a refund. We had sent the email about 60 days for the refunds being available because that is what was originally intended. However due to unexpected delays the refunds will be available at a later date for Guns N' Roses. The good news is that we have just confirmed that refunds will be ready starting July 27th. Rest assured that if you need a refund, you will have the opportunity to request the refund starting then. 

Thank you again for your patience and understanding during this time.  

Have additional questions? Just reply to this email and we'll be back in touch, or you can find answers on the spot in our FAQs.

Your fellow fan,
Fabian J. 
Ticketmaster Fan Support

5 minutes ago, Original said:

Hi William,

Thanks for reaching out! We understand your concern and apologize for the delay to request a refund. We had sent the email about 60 days for the refunds being available because that is what was originally intended. However due to unexpected delays the refunds will be available at a later date for Guns N' Roses. The good news is that we have just confirmed that refunds will be ready starting July 27th. Rest assured that if you need a refund, you will have the opportunity to request the refund starting then. 

Have additional questions? Just reply to this email and we'll be back in touch, or you can find answers on the spot in our FAQs.

Your fellow fan,
Fabian J. 
Ticketmaster Fan Support

Exactly why I would rather have the refund than hold the ticket. Ticketmaster changes the rules any time they want. Imagine trying to get a refund if they go bankrupt in a year... If we manage to repair the world, I’ll happily buy new tickets at that point. 

16 minutes ago, McCoyGNR said:

Exactly why I would rather have the refund than hold the ticket. Ticketmaster changes the rules any time they want. Imagine trying to get a refund if they go bankrupt in a year... If we manage to repair the world, I’ll happily buy new tickets at that point. 

Wish Axl would do what Jovi did - tell it like it is. Basically JBJ said “it sucks....2020 not gonna happen....I’m gonna refund because you need the money” blah blah......    But I suppose mommy and Junior (TB) have half the ticket money spent already so they need that money. *I got my Jovi refund a month ago

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Original said:

Hi William,

Your fellow fan,
Fabian J. 
Ticketmaster Fan Support

An unexpected delay?  They just do whatever they want and change the policy that is stated on the Live Nation website.  All the more reason to get a refund ASAP before they alter the deal any further.

All I will say is it’s not inconceivable to assume TM/Live Nation may file for bankruptcy in the next 6 months: I’ve read reports of what their monthly overhead is and there’s no way they can sustain it with virtually no shows.

Get your refund. If they file for bankruptcy you get nothing back. You can always repurchase tickets when the world isn’t on fire.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Original said:

Hi William,

Your fellow fan,
Fabian J. 
Ticketmaster Fan Support

Thanks for posting. See what happens on the 27th then.....but the Dublin venue's 'further update on July 6th' turned out to be totally untrue. Whether that date came from Ticketmaster or was (hopeful) speculation from the venue itself I'm not sure. 

Edited by allwaystired

8 hours ago, circusboy666 said:

All I will say is it’s not inconceivable to assume TM/Live Nation may file for bankruptcy in the next 6 months: I’ve read reports of what their monthly overhead is and there’s no way they can sustain it with virtually no shows.

Get your refund. If they file for bankruptcy you get nothing back. You can always repurchase tickets when the world isn’t on fire.

Yes indeed.  The silver lining in all this is that we might see corporations/government entities you once thought were unbreakable actually fall because of this.  I wouldn't mind a complete shakeup of the ticket industry.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, circusboy666 said:

As outlandish as that statement would have been a few months ago I think you could be right.

Surely due to how many employees they have and how many venues they own they be bailed out in some capacity?

56 minutes ago, WAR41 said:

Yes indeed.  The silver lining in all this is that we might see corporations/government entities you once thought were unbreakable actually fall because of this.  I wouldn't mind a complete shakeup of the ticket industry.

I agree!  A ticketmaster/live nation bankrupt/breakup would be great for ticket buyers around the world in the long run.  No more monopoly!

• Like 2

On 20/07/2020 at 8:36 PM, Gavin82 said:

They said that for us in EU 6th July still nothing 

I got my email may 8th, but never gave any word on when they would announce new dates like this email... regardless EU dates have been screwed big time, and we can all agree on that... 11 weeks since the postponement, total joke.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I got my email may 8th, but never gave any word on when they would announce new dates like this email... regardless EU dates have been screwed big time, and we can all agree on that... 11 weeks since the postponement, total joke.

Maybe this 27th date could nail all dates EU & USA etc who knows we over half way in too 2020 now some places are still getting worse before we know it will be Xmas then 2021

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gavin82 said:

Maybe this 27th date could nail all dates EU & USA etc who knows we over half way in too 2020 now some places are still getting worse before we know it will be Xmas then 2021

I wish! but it was very specific wording for North America...! EU dates obviously don't matter you see 🤔

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Original said:

Wish Axl would do what Jovi did - tell it like it is. Basically JBJ said “it sucks....2020 not gonna happen....I’m gonna refund because you need the money” blah blah......    But I suppose mommy and Junior (TB) have half the ticket money spent already so they need that money. *I got my Jovi refund a month ago

I actually wish Bon Jovi hadn't done that. I wish he had postponed it. My friend's wife had a tough time getting tickets for my friend, their son, and me when they went on sale. Now if he tours next year, we have to go through the same process of trying to get tickets.  I totally gets why Bon Jovi did this. He's from NJ and knows the  hard working culture. Still, I wish my friend and I were given the option to go at a later date.  

I sent an email to initiate a refund this morning. First email I received in response was that my credit card would be refunded after the 30 day window for all refund requests had closed.

Then later, I got the email with the July 27th announcement, and after the rescheduled date was announced, I'd have 30 days from that point to request a refund.

I fucking hate Ticketmaster, they're just going to drag this refund shit out for as long as possible. The only way I decide to keep my tickets is with a new album release before the rescheduled date in 2021.