Picked up some interesting early GN'R cassette tapes

Sweersa

I can't find much info on these online, but they appear to be early bootlegs. Are these at all desirable or rare? Sadly, my only cassette player no longer works, so I won't be able to listen to them until I see my parents this weekend. 

Here's pics:

1XTucV.jpg

ILGQq9.jpg

CQrdkS.jpg

zYIBWI.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

Those are interesting, I'd love to hear the contrasting versions of November Rain. Sorry I can't help you determine of they're rare, however I've certainly not seen anything like this before. @troccoli is probably one of the best people to ask regarding this. 

Thanks for your insight! One cassette is fairly clearly the Ritz NY, and the other I believe to be Sound City Sessions from what others have told me elsewhere.  The latter being the most interesting to me.

Pretty sure the second tape is the same as the 1986 sound city demos and 1987 marquee sounboard recordings, all of which were officially released on the Locked N Loaded box set in 2018, except I don’t know what “instrumental jam” and “blues jam” are.

The entire Ritz 1988 show (the first tape in that pic above) is also all out there officially, of course, tho maybe the mixes on that tape are from a different source and not the broadcast? Idk.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

I have boxes of those back in my parents' house.  Can't imagine any of them would be worth more than 50 cents.  They were homemade and mass circulated.   I was glad to have them at the time, but every bit of content is available digitally and sounds better.

But then again....this IS gnr we're talking about.  Some weirdo might actually pay money for 30 year old mix tapes.

• Like 2