Ac/dc - Back in Black Discussion thread

vloors

Hi Guys 

Could not find a ac/dc thread in here so opened one.

Ac/dc are starting to ramp up for the Back in Black 40th anniversary. Finally starting to release videos again on YouTube and post on social media. Heres hoping we get some great content.

New series The story of Back in Black.

Episode 1 The Story Behind You shook me all night long

Episode 2 The story behind Hells Bells 

Newly released. What do you do for money honey. LIve 1981 Japan.

Brian looks so weird with no hat

Updated store https://store.acdc.com/dept/back-in-black-40th-anniversary

Edited by vloors

Back In Black features some of the greatest vocal recordings ever put down on an album. Unbelievable chanting from Johnson and the period from about 80-83, vocally, he could have matched anyone. The story behind the albums creation is incredibly fascinating and probably one of the most intriguing ever, with Bon's untimely passing, to Brian working in a garage in Newcastle, given up on ever making a career out of making music full time and happy doing pubs and clubs with the second incarnation of Geordie and out of the blue getting a phone call to come and rehearse with them. 

Nutbush City Limits!

God bless them. I said to my friend on Thursday night that Brian is without doubt the second greatest chanter to have ever been associated with them, behind ol' ginger bollocks :lol: - as an AC/DC purist he didn't take too kindly to that

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

19 hours ago, Dean said:

Back In Black features some of the greatest vocal recordings ever put down on an album. Unbelievable chanting from Johnson and the period from about 80-83, vocally, he could have matched anyone. The story behind the albums creation is incredibly fascinating and probably one of the most intriguing ever, with Bon's untimely passing, to Brian working in a garage in Newcastle, given up on ever making a career out of making music full time and happy doing pubs and clubs with the second incarnation of Geordie and out of the blue getting a phone call to come and rehearse with them. 

Nutbush City Limits!

God bless them. I said to my friend on Thursday night that Brian is without doubt the second greatest chanter to have ever been associated with them, behind ol' ginger bollocks :lol: - as an AC/DC purist he didn't take too kindly to that

Hah Brian early 80s was a beast.

Bons my number 1 but I appreciate what Brian and Axl brought to the table. 

• Like 1

"I was takin' a piss and I was like... hang on, why don't we get a big fuckin' bell?" :lol:

Malcolm was truly one of the greatest riff writers and rhythm players in rock.

It's nice to see AC/DC posting regularly again even if it's just some repurposed clips to promote the anniversary. I'm all for it! I might pick up the vinyl reissue to replace my incredibly warped original pressing. Brian was truly incredible on that album. I think Hells Bells might be my favourite rock vocal ever recorded. That voice and that power. Unbelievable conviction. I'd also rank What Do You Do For Money Honey as one of Angus' finest solos ever recorded.

• Like 2

AC DC is pretty great. I love the simple rhythm aspects. yes, their albums tend to be a bit samey, but I feel every band has their caveat. This is theirs. Regardless, they have made some cracking albums and are a pure 70s hard rock band. My favorite album by them is "powerage", followed by "back in black". I'm not too fond of highway to hell. I think that one is overrated. Powerage was the peak of AC/DC

• Like 1

AC/DC is re-releasing all of the Back In Black music videos remastered in HD for the first time. I've always liked that particular series of music videos (and much prefer that Shook Me video to the promotional one filmed later for its re-release on Who Made Who). Just the band on a dimly lit stage doing what they do best, and Malcolm using his short lived White Falcon which is nearly as big as he is!

• GNFNR 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/07/2020 at 8:46 AM, vloors said:
Look back on the death of bon scott and the joining of brian johnson.

Amazing it happened only 6 weeks after Bons death. 

They probably steal his lyrics to do Back In Black because no song has ever sounded the same lyrically since that album.