Chris Cornell Cover of "Patience" Dropping Tomorrow

16 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

It is worse.. Like really bad.. Worse than Guns cover of BHS...

Nothing can be more horrible to me than that cringe inducing grandma sounding falsetto voice Axl uses, so already just for that aspect I prefer this way more. I actually like the arrangement a lot, it's nice to listen to after hearing the original for so long (Patience).

Why is GNR not promoting it on their social media platforms?

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

It's beautiful! Nothing beats the original. But Chris is definetly the last great rock singer! Without a doubt he's #1 since 00's . I love Guns and I love Chris so this is a win win situation

People in this forum are such unhappy and boring. I love gnr but this forum always makes me hate people. You don't like nothing! What's wrong with your lifes? Get help

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, hudsonsaul said:

That's not his fault though, the song itself is pretty boring.

In saying that, I really dug this cover by him.

True, but Axl really takes it up with the outro coda "I been walking..." which Chris chose not to do. But like you, I really liked the different approach. 

Edited by lame ass security

17 minutes ago, Creed said:

I'm mit judging someone by sold records or clicks... Estranged wasn't successful at all, musically its the most challenging thing oldGnR created. Its GnR's stairway to heaven.

Black Hole Sun has also a unique sound. Its sth, i have never heard before. Its interesting.

But this? It bores me. 

Just watched a Brian Wilson docu yesterday on YouTube. The Beach Boys were a surfer pop band with fun songs and some hits. The only 2 songs which are better than that are God only knows and Good Vibrations imo. Just listen to their greatest hits and tell me that its awesome. Its not. But people said for years that Brian Wilson is a genius and the Beach Boys are as good as the Beatles. Come on...The Beatles went much further than them musically.

If Brian Wilson is a genius, then Lady Gaga and many other pop artists are genius, too.

It's ridiculous to say "Black Hole Sun was his only real hit". Outshined, Rusty Cage, Fell On Black Days, Spoonman, Be Yourself, Show Me How To Live, he had a bunch of big hits. :lol:

You lost me with the comparison to Brian Wilson and Lady Gaga...

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Creed said:

I'm mit judging someone by sold records or clicks... Estranged wasn't successful at all, musically its the most challenging thing oldGnR created. Its GnR's stairway to heaven.

Black Hole Sun has also a unique sound. Its sth, i have never heard before. Its interesting.

But this? It bores me. 

Just watched a Brian Wilson docu yesterday on YouTube. The Beach Boys were a surfer pop band with fun songs and some hits. The only 2 songs which are better than that are God only knows and Good Vibrations imo. Just listen to their greatest hits and tell me that its awesome. Its not. But people said for years that Brian Wilson is a genius and the Beach Boys are as good as the Beatles. Come on...The Beatles went much further than them musically.

If Brian Wilson is a genius, then Lady Gaga and many other pop artists are genius, too.

You really haven't listened to much of the beach boys music if you think they topped out with only two great songs.

Also, there's a big difference between Brian Wilson and Lady gaga... he wrote, performed and produced his own music... she is very talented but she works with a lot of producers who mould her ideas... Also... the things he did were incredibly inventive for the time! As for The Beatles! he was influenced by the Beatles AND an he influenced the Beatles! even Paul McCartney has acknowledged this. You might need to do a bit more study, before you totally dismiss one of the most beloved songwriters of all time.

Like a stone bores you? ok, but the majority of people love that song, you are clearly in the minority! beautiful arrangement, absolutely breathtaking vocal! For my money there aren't many other songs from the early 00s that have aged as well as this song... Can you think of any?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

It's ridiculous to say "Black Hole Sun was his only real hit". Outshined, Rusty Cage, Fell On Black Days, Spoonman, Be Yourself, Show Me How To Live, he had a bunch of big hits. :lol:

You lost me with the comparison to Brian Wilson and Lady Gaga...

I Am the Highway...dont forget that beatiful song

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

16 minutes ago, Creed said:

But this? It bores me. 

If Like A Stone isn't your cup of tea then to each their own of course, but to say Black Hole Sun was his only hit? If that's not your personal basis for judging the quality of music then I totally get where you're coming from (regarding popular music output), but in Chris Cornell's case I think one can fairly objectively state that his success was not driven by any one band but by his voice and his songwriting. To be able to have top ten hits across three bands (and a solo output), numerous awards, write a Bond song, and so forth just proves that he was the common denominator. He had an amazingly accomplished career despite leaving us much too soon.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, agustingloger said:

It's beautiful! Nothing beats the original. But Chris is definetly the last great rock singer! Without a doubt he's #1 since 00's . I love Guns and I love Chris so this is a win win situation

People in this forum are such unhappy and boring. I love gnr but this forum always makes me hate people. You don't like nothing! What's wrong with your lifes? Get help

Eddie Vedder is the last great rock singer. But, you’re correct, this forum can be frequently negative. 

Edited by The Holographic Universe

7 hours ago, Creed said:

I totally agree. Black Hole Sun was his only real hit. And its not a feel good song that you want to hear frequently.

His only real hit? What about the biggest the hit of his career "You know My Name" ?(Not to mention his numerous Audioslave hits). If you don't like his music, fine, but don't talk shit and act like you know what you're talking about. 

2 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Eddie Vedder is the last great rock singer. But, you’re correct, this forum can be frequently negative. 

No one is the "last rock great singer" you pretentious so and so's.

Edited by DonkeyNuts
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, DonkeyNuts said:

His only real hit? What about the biggest the hit of his career "You know My Name" ?(Not to mention his numerous Audioslave hits). If you don't like his music, fine, but don't talk shit and act like you know what you're talking about. 

No one is the "last rock great singer" you pretentious so and so's.

I get what your saying, but to clarify my position, Eddie Vedder is the last frontman of a classic rock and roll band. There hasn’t been one since the early 90’s rock bands and all those guys died, so he Ishtar last of that lineage. 

• Haha 1