China’s Human Rights Abuses

7 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

...and we all agreed this is bad. 

/thread 

Someone suggested starting a new thread for this topic in the US politics thread.  I can't remember who it was but hopefully we can all have a real discussion about how bad it is in China for Muslims.  It goes way beyond Islamaphobia or travel bans.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

hardcore Israel supporters look real funny when they pretend to be big fans of muslims (in China).

Only reason people hate Israel is because it's the only free state  in the middle east.

Funny how people  don't like the ONLY state in the world that is Jewish.(Yeah yeah zionism blah blah blah..) "Palestine; is run by Hamas a international terrorist organization. There can be muslim states, Christian states, buddhist/hindu state. But the jews who have always been persecuted throughout history and are the number one victims of hate crimes in the word, Ask for a state where they can live and prosper the response is its the  people are just greedy and don't have a right your ancestral home that the Romans/Ottomans threw you out of.. 

Anyone who thinks Israel is some third world dictatorship has no credibility.

If they pulled back their military ever so slightly they would get anhilited by Iran. Its life or death for them. Israel has always been on the defensive never the aggressor no matter how much iran and Hamas want you to believe.

Edited by Gibsonfender2323

57 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Only reason people hate Israel is because it's the only free state  in the middle east.

Funny how people  don't like the ONLY state in the world that is Jewish.(Yeah yeah zionism blah blah blah..) "Palestine; is run by Hamas a international terrorist organization. There can be muslim states, Christian states, buddhist/hindu state. But the jews who have always been persecuted throughout history and are the number one victims of hate crimes in the word, Ask for a state where they can live and prosper the response is its the  people are just greedy and don't have a right your ancestral home that the Romans/Ottomans threw you out of.. 

Anyone who thinks Israel is some third world dictatorship has no credibility.

If they pulled back their military ever so slightly they would get anhilited by Iran. Its life or death for them. Israel has always been on the defensive never the aggressor no matter how much iran and Hamas want you to believe.

A state that is Jewish, wow that sounds racist. I wonder what their immigration policy is ;)

Israel gets criticism from different camps. You have a leftist critique that they are essentially a colonial project in the Middle East and they are pretty brutal on the Palestinian Arabs. Lotta truth to that. I think this critique will continue to get stronger as the US becomes more brown and less evangelical Christian.

You have a rightist critique that see's the elite class mostly supporting Israel while it has immigration walls that are defended with live ammunition, deportation squads, camps for migrants, and an apartheid-like state (not totally, but it has that flavor). The right says, why the hell are our relatively mild (in comparison) critique's of immigration into our countries treated like it is while Israel gets to seemingly do what it wants.

So it depends on who you're talking to as to what type of critique they have of Israel. I honestly don't think there's much of a crowd that doesn't like Israel due to it being a 'democracy.' That seems like a red herring and as rediculous as when George W Bush claimed Islamic terrorists hated America for it's freedom. :lol:

Israel is not always on the defensive, there are cases where it is and cases where they are the aggressor. You have to analyze each conflict they've had on it's own merit and in context.

Some appalling things are happening to the Uighurs, potentially genocide, and they have stripped Hong Kong of her democracy, yet it is remarkable how silent the woke-left are on China. Human rights abuses? Racism? Totalitarianism? Anti-democracy? Isn't the left supposed to care about these items? I didn't see the left for instance applauding Raab the other day for adopting a tough line on China in removal of Britain's extradition treaty and state aid, or for that matter Boris/Tories in toto for opening up our borders to Hong Kongers wishing to reside in Britain! 

Presumably the left are struggling to connect the treatment of the Uighurs and Hong Kongers with Donald bloody Trump and that accounts for their silence? Perhaps also some Marxist comradeship with the PRC? Who knows, but they're never very constant, the loony left.

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Some appalling things are happening to the Uighurs, potentially genocide, and they have stripped Hong Kong of her democracy, yet it is remarkable how silent the woke-left are on China. Human rights abuses? Racism? Totalitarianism? Anti-democracy? Isn't the left supposed to care about these items? I didn't see the left for instance applauding Raab the other day for adopting a tough line on China in removal of Britain's extradition treaty and state aid, or for that matter Boris/Tories in toto for opening up our borders to Hong Kongers wishing to reside in Britain! 

Presumably the left are struggling to connect the treatment of the Uighurs and Hong Kongers with Donald bloody Trump and that accounts for their silence? Perhaps also some Marxist comradeship with the PRC? Who knows, but they're never very constant, the loony left.

I will give you guys this, if the Chinese were white, they would be receiving a lot more backlash than they are. I think that is pretty safe to say.

Just now, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

I will give you guys this, if the Chinese were white, they would be receiving a lot more backlash than they are. I think that is pretty safe to say.

If the Chinese were white, BLM would be boycotting Chinese takeaways as being representative of ''white privilege'' and ''racism'' (black bean beef? Clearly ''racist'') and the BBC would be banning Ken Hom and Enter the Dragon.

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

the vast majority of people don't get further than "trump is baaaaad"

it's just the way the world goes. trump's idiocy is communicated by the media, while real abuses like those in china don't. We can't expect the stupid mass to be knowledgeable about stuff the media hides.

I've long stopped caring.

Len, Arsenal will have to change their name and logo due to their connection with the Royal Navy and British Army. The cannon is clearly militaristic so must go. The football team was founded by imperialists so must go. Arsenal fans should be re-educated on their own toxic masculinity and unconscious cisgendered western-imperial bias. Their demonizing of Sol Campbell: clearly racist. Educate yourself. 

15 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

...and we all agreed this is bad. 

/thread 

I didn't want to venture down this rabbit hole in the politics thread....but hey...why not here!?  :lol:

Your post basically shows that just about all of the current "woke social justice" movement is extremely politicized.  

15 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Jim Kelly gets tortured and killed.

He gets called a jig too.  My brother loves that line, often when I'm going somewhere or getting up or, y'know, doing something and he wants to know what he says 'where you goin' jig?' :lol: 

Also dragons are representative of colonialism

Don't they dress up as dragons and do funny little dances in the street, while Bruce Li nips about in a yellow tracksuit undetected, on his way to fuck up Hakeem and Pasquale? :lol:

And kung fu is ''toxic masculinity'' in action

No one told his sister when she was knockin' lumps out of O'Hara and his mates, though they were trying to rape her at the time, point taken!

Len, Arsenal will have to change their name and logo due to their connection with the Royal Navy and British Army.

Kinda phallic too if you think about it, big cannon :lol:

The football team was founded by imperialists so must go. Arsenal fans should be re-educated on their own toxic masculinity and unconscious cisgendered western-imperial bias.

Try get em to stop shouting yiddos at Tottenham first and then work down from there eh? :lol:  Founded by imperialists, supported by wogs, Up The Arsenal! :D 

Their demonizing of Sol Campbell: clearly racist. Educate yourself. 

Sol Campbell is a hero at Arsenal, its that other team that don't like em, other end of The Seven Sisters Road, can't recall their name for the life of me.  I believe the chant went:

'Sol, Sol, wherever you may be

You're on the verge of lunacy

& we wouldn't give a fuck if you were hanging from a tree

Cuz you're a Judas cunt with HIV'

26 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Kinda phallic too if you think about it, big cannon :lol:

Try get em to stop shouting yiddos at Tottenham first and then work down from there eh? :lol:  Founded by imperialists, supported by wogs, Up The Arsenal! :D 

Sol Campbell is a hero at Arsenal, its that other team that don't like em, other end of The Seven Sisters Road, can't recall their name for the life of me.  I believe the chant went:

Sol Campbell cannot get a high managerial job aptly demonstrates institutional racism in the highest echelons of English football. The fact he is shit at management is irrelevant to the discussion.

32 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I believe the chant went:

Wow, that's horrible.  If any fan group in the U.S. chanted anything of the sort, they would be permanently banned from most major sports games and it would be on CNN 24/7.

3 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Wow, that's horrible.  If any fan group in the U.S. chanted anything of the sort, they would be permanently banned from most major sports games and it would be on CNN 24/7.

Oh there's some crackers out there man, this one directed to Emmanuel Adebayor (a player of African descent)

'Adebayor, He's Adebayor,

His Dad washes elephants

& his mums a whore'

This next one is somewhat amusing:

:lol:

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Oh there's some crackers out there man, this one directed to Emmanuel Adebayor (a player of African descent)

'Adebayor, He's Adebayor,

His Dad washes elephants

& his mums a whore'

This next one is somewhat amusing:

:lol:

Man, you guys don't have a "systemic racism problem"...ya'll have downright racists...and they're proud of it too....:facepalm: :blink:

2 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Man, you guys don't have a "systemic racism problem"...ya'll have downright racists...and they're proud of it too....:facepalm: :blink:

I could post scores of such videos:

Pretty common, though its getting a little less so.  Your lot, the Italians, love a bit of that shit.  Monkey chants at black players etc etc.  What can you do such, is life.  Its not all race related either, chants about peoples mums, chants about people who got caught visiting prostitutes while their wife was pregnant, chants about people who shagged their teammates wives, all sorts :lol:

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Conservative types (Jihad Watch types, hardcore Israel supporters) look real funny when they pretend to be big fans of muslims (in China).

Not saying the people posting here necessarily fit that bill, but I've seen it, and just roll my eyes.

And its kinda demonstrated by the fact that this thread is supposedly about Muslims in 'Gina. But there have been posts about how woke people dont care, rather then a poster actually caring themselves. 

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I could post scores of such videos:

Pretty common, though its getting a little less so.  Your lot, the Italians, love a bit of that shit.  Monkey chants at black players etc etc.  What can you do such, is life.  Its not all race related either, chants about peoples mums, chants about people who got caught visiting prostitutes while their wife was pregnant, chants about people who shagged their teammates wives, all sorts :lol:

This one is a personal favourite. :lol: 

• Haha 1