2021 Tour - How to create the perfect setlist?

If they changed up the order of the set to keep the hits fresh (starting with Jungle or Nightrain, PC not as the encore all the time, etc.), trimmed down the fat on KOHD and rotated Shadow of Your Love, Coma, Locomotive, Pretty Tied Up, etc. into the places The Seeker and Witchita are in, that would be good for me

6 hours ago, WhazUp said:

If they changed up the order of the set to keep the hits fresh (starting with Jungle or Nightrain, PC not as the encore all the time, etc.), trimmed down the fat on KOHD and rotated Shadow of Your Love, Coma, Locomotive, Pretty Tied Up, etc. into the places The Seeker and Witchita are in, that would be good for me

Trim down the fat on KOHD? Listen to this joker! :P It is the highlight of any GNR show. Almost 20 minutes of the same repetitive shite! Good for a piss break though. That's all. 

• Haha 1

On 9/20/2021 at 6:36 PM, Bitchisback said:

1) welcome to the jungle (great opener)

2) ABSURD

3) ABSURD again!

4) Chinese Democracy

5) hard skool intro leading into ABSURD!

6) black hole sun (acoustic)

7) ABSURD (ACOUSTIC)

8-11) knocking on heavens door extended edition

12) Slash solo (extended absurd instrumental jam)

13) sweet child o' mine

14) duff plays punk

15) November Absurd

16) rock the rock!

17) Slash nunchuck dance

18) Better with Melissa on vocals

19) black hole sun 

20) paradise city 

alt songs

1) eye on you

2)  silk worms

3) it's so absurd

ABSURD lol

• ABSUЯD 2

They played 30 songs yesterday, the most since 2018. They added SOYL, Coma, Sorry (for the first time since 2018), also 2 new songs on this tour (Absurd and Hard Skool). I think this is a great setlist now. Now they can add maybe 1 more song, but change it from show to show, for example (Locomotive, Dead Horse, Yesterdays, Used To Love Her, Think About You, Pretty Tied Up). The band never sounded better, this 2021 tour is very exciting.

Edited by We love Axl Rose
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, We love Axl Rose said:

They played 30 songs yesterday, the most since 2018. They added SOYL, Coma, Sorry (for the first time since 2018), also 2 new songs on this tour (Absurd and Hard Skool). I think this is a great setlist now. Now they can add maybe 1 more song, but change it from show to show, for example (Locomotive, Dead Horse, Yesterdays, Used To Love Her, Think About You, Pretty Tied Up). The band never sounded better, this 2021 tour is very exciting.

It all comes with time..., however I do think that Wichita Linemen and The Seeker could be dropped (replaced with Used To Love Her & Yesterdays), rotate Coma / Locomotive / Dead Horse, but the setlist from Baltimore was absolutely brilliant. 

12 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

I honestly laughed so much when I was writing this. I'm glad somebody appreciated it lmao

You're welcome!!

Do one for Hardskool next time!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, opalho said:

It all comes with time..., however I do think that Wichita Linemen and The Seeker could be dropped (replaced with Used To Love Her & Yesterdays), rotate Coma / Locomotive / Dead Horse, but the setlist from Baltimore was absolutely brilliant. 

Also Out Ta Get Me and My Michelle, both songs are on the alt setlist.

And it would be great if Duff rotated his songs (So Fine, Attitude, Raw Power, New Rose...)

Edited by We love Axl Rose
  • Like 1

1) Right Next Door To Hell / Pretty Tied Up / Perfect Crime - Use Your Illusion era opening songs, alternate every couple nights

2) Mr. Brownstone / It's So Easy - alternate these around, if Axl's really up for it, maybe do both

3) Chinese Democracy - best song from the album, and Richard doing the whole solo.

4) Slither / Fall To Pieces / Dirty Little Thing - give Velvet Revolver some representation. I would like to see Duff singing them...

5) Live And Let Die / You Could Be Mine - give Axl one song to suck at per night. Alternate these two.

6) Rocket Queen - with the extended jams and da-de-da-de-da, gives Axl a break he needs. 

7) Welcome To The Jungle - he needs as much time as he can to nail this one

8) Double Talkin' Jive - good song with Slash doing what he did back on the UYI Tour, leading into...

9) Civil War - DTJ and this sound so faking good together

10) Attitude / New Rose / So Fine - Duff doing his thang (that is an attempted joke)

11) Sweet Child O' Mine - if he can't sing it at the end of the set, have him sing it halfway!!

12) Coma / Locomotive / Breakdown - a loooooong song

13) This I Love / IRS / Prostitute - alternate these Chinese Democracy songs, with Richard doing the solos

14) Dead Horse / Pretty Tied Up - if they didn't open with Pretty Tied Up, then it's played here. Otherwise, Dead Horse.

15) Nightrain - BOWWWWWW *TICK TICK TICK TICK*

16) Slash Guitar Solo - with his blues jam, Johnny B. Goode jam or whatever

17) Better - Melissa / Axl vocals, Richard doing the solo

18) Don't Cry - Don't you cry, tonight. 

19) November Rain - Axl on the grand piano, and then Slash playing his solo while standing on the piano

20) Estranged - completes the "trilogy". Would be cool to see this kind of format.

21) Shacklers Revenge / Sorry / There Was A Time - alternate these Chinese Democracy songs.

22) Shadow Of Your Love - I really like this song

23) ABSURD - ends the main set

ENCORE

24) Hard Skool - opens the encores

25) Bad Apples / Back Off Bitch / Shotgun Blues - Use Your Illusion Deep Cuts

26) Patience - acoustic version please

27) My Michelle / Out Ta Get Me / You're Crazy - some Appetite songs

28) Yesterdays / Used To Love Her - alternate these babies

29) Paradise City - end

Edited by opalho
Nightrain
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, opalho said:

1) Right Next Door To Hell / Pretty Tied Up / Perfect Crime - Use Your Illusion era opening songs, alternate every couple nights

2) Mr. Brownstone / It's So Easy - alternate these around, if Axl's really up for it, maybe do both

3) Chinese Democracy - best song from the album, and Richard doing the whole solo.

4) Slither / Fall To Pieces / Dirty Little Thing - give Velvet Revolver some representation. I would like to see Duff singing them...

5) Live And Let Die / You Could Be Mine - give Axl one song to suck at per night. Alternate these two.

6) Rocket Queen - with the extended jams and da-de-da-de-da, gives Axl a break he needs. 

7) Welcome To The Jungle - he needs as much time as he can to nail this one

8) Double Talkin' Jive - good song with Slash doing what he did back on the UYI Tour, leading into...

9) Civil War - DTJ and this sound so faking good together

10) Attitude / New Rose / So Fine - Duff doing his thang (that is an attempted joke)

11) Sweet Child O' Mine - if he can't sing it at the end of the set, have him sing it halfway!!

12) Coma / Locomotive / Breakdown - a loooooong song

13) This I Love / IRS / Prostitute - alternate these Chinese Democracy songs, with Richard doing the solos

14) Dead Horse / Pretty Tied Up - if they didn't open with Pretty Tied Up, then it's played here. Otherwise, Dead Horse.

15) Slash Guitar Solo - with his blues jam, Johnny B. Goode jam or whatever

16) Better - Melissa / Axl vocals, Richard doing the solo

17) Don't Cry - Don't you cry, tonight. 

18) November Rain - Axl on the grand piano, and then Slash playing his solo while standing on the piano

19) Estranged - completes the "trilogy". Would be cool to see this kind of format.

20) Shacklers Revenge / Sorry / There Was A Time - alternate these Chinese Democracy songs.

21) Shadow Of Your Love - I really like this song

22) ABSURD - ends the main set

ENCORE

23) Hard Skool - opens the encores

24) Bad Apples / Back Off Bitch / Shotgun Blues - Use Your Illusion Deep Cuts

25) Patience - acoustic version please

26) My Michelle / Out Ta Get Me / You're Crazy - some Appetite songs

27) Yesterdays / Used To Love Her - alternate these babies

28) Paradise City - end

Nightrain ?