Interview with Frank (Rock Talk with Mitch Lafon)

9 minutes ago, Rovim said:

so pathetic! he gets paid well to travel the world and play to tens of thousands of people in every show with one of the biggest bands in the world while still having the time to do his own musical projects with the one condition of keeping his mouth shut for the most part? shit... he should just kill himself now cause none of these things matter if you don't have the freedom to express yourself lol

Money isn't all. He is a musican and at the beck and call of other people and can't even say that he contributed to a song. That is pathetic.

3 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Money isn't all. He is a musican and at the beck and call of other people and can't even say that he contributed to a song. That is pathetic.

compromise. To get what he wants, he needs to get paid so he can do what he loves. That's not pathetic, that's sensible. Frank still finds the time to release music and be artistically active with his own projects/bands.

Edited by Rovim

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

compromise. To get what he wants so he can get paid to do what he loves. That's not pathetic, that's sensible. Frank still finds the time to release music and be artistically active with his own projects/bands.

I maintain it's pathetic. He's a fucking drummer, not a secret government agent. ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

The Covid 19 excuse is classic. Especially in the week that one of the world's biggest pop stars (Taylor Swift) releases an album entirely made under lockdown....and (shock, horror!) it's released in a traditional way, i.e. as an album, through streaming, CD and vinyl copies. Who'd have thought it?!?! 

And people actually buy it and listen to it, I mean nobody (in the GNR camp) could've expected that!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, zigzagbigbag said:

Fot those who don’t want to watch:

1. New Music? 

Covid-19-excuse. 

2. Have you re-recorded drums for Shadow of your love (and others)? 

Long smirking and then: „Its a question for the management“ ,,, means h did. 

I remember steven saying in interviews it wasnt his drumming. The question was always did axl and slash rerecord parts....wish that question was asked to frank.

6 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

I remember steven saying in interviews it wasnt his drumming. The question was always did axl and slash rerecord parts....wish that question was asked to frank.

sounds like a question for management

7 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Well his non-answer answers that question for us. I've been saying ever since that song came out that it had been rerecorded and the drums were most likely Frank.

I remember you always said that indeed. 

And now we can also say about the extremely high possibility that Slash also recorded new parts for the song, right? We've been saying that too. 

41 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Which would be the more important question.

3 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

Why all the secrecy about everthing, they are only a rock n roll band not the CIA...

They think they're being all cool and edgy that way.

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

So was I, and I had doubted Steven when he said it wasn't him on the track (the "new" single), mostly because he didn't even remember the Mike Clink tryout session that version was originally recorded. But apparently he was right.

See I told you :lol:

2 hours ago, El Guapo said:

That's definately the impression they give us more and more with every passing day.

I really do hope that Slash and Duff leave again if nothing happens regarding new music. The reunion (so far) is just depressing, apart from 2016.

What has it brought us? Still no new music, same non-news from the band members, same silence from Axl, no Izzy, no Steven. The only difference is, Slash and Duff rapidly lose their integrity. 

I agree, this reunion has ended up being rather disappointing.

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

1 hour ago, Voodoochild said:

I remember you always said that indeed. 

And now we can also say about the extremely high possibility that Slash also recorded new parts for the song, right? We've been saying that too. 

I think the whole song is rerecorded, Axl, Slash, Duff, and my guess is 4tus did Izzy's part. That's what I hear when I listen to it anyway. There's too many hints that point to it being rerecorded.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

They think they're being all cool and edgy that way.

See I told you :lol:

I agree, this reunion has ended up being rather disappointing.

I think the whole song is rerecorded, Axl, Slash, Duff, and my guess is 4tus did Izzy's part. That's what I hear when I listen to it anyway. There's too many hints that point to it being rerecorded.

I’d be amazed if it was new vocals. Sounds like original to me. It wouldn’t surprise me if the track was fixed ala drums/guitar patches  - who knows what state the original tapes were in for the song?

Frank seems to say "The guys in the band are helping... are happy with my playing"

Its hard to make out, but its as if he almost was gonna say 'The guys in the band are helping me with my playing.'

At around 15 minutes.

1 hour ago, themadcaplaughs said:

IIRC, Frank specifically said he had nothing to do with the AfD box set or "Shadow of Your Love" on the Appetite for Distortion podcast (I remember being surprised he answers the question so honestly). Maybe he's just goofing around here. @Gambit83 Am I remembering correctly? 

Here it is, at 1:01:54 minute mark:

It was not exactly the same question, though. He said it was an old recording from back in the day, and when @Gambit83 started following up with "So you didn't touch...", Frank moved on saying how great it is playing it live. In the new interview the question was specifically whether he helped "brighten up" that old recording and he said he couldn't answer.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

He's fired in a second. Not a great time to lose your job isnt?

We all know that SOYL is a remake with this line up. 

55 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

It was not exactly the same question, though. He said it was an old recording from back in the day, and when @Gambit83 started following up with "So you didn't touch...", Frank moved on saying how great it is playing it live. In the new interview the question was specifically whether he helped "brighten up" that old recording and he said he couldn't answer.

So a musician is asked hey did you play on that recording and he...cant answer? WTF? :facepalm:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

So a musician is asked hey did you play on that recording and he...cant answer? WTF? :facepalm:

Well, like I said, if he didn't play it would be simple for him to answer, but if he did play it's not, because it is ghost playing (which, by definition, is not something to admit publicly).

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1