GN’R Greatest Hits Vinyl - release Sept 25th

2 hours ago, Coma16 said:

Back off Bitch is one of the highlights of the AFD box set.

Same for me, would love to see or hear some early live version in a decent quality, maybe when Marc decides to open his vault.

I don't know if this has already been discussed in the official merchandise thread, but there is now a t-shirt commemorating the release of the Greatest Hits on vinyl. It looks decent. Can be bought seperately, or with the picture disc or 2 LP as a bundle package.

https://gnrmerch.com/products/greatest-hits-t-shirt-picture-disc

49 minutes ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

I don't know if this has already been discussed in the official merchandise thread, but there is now a t-shirt commemorating the release of the Greatest Hits on vinyl. It looks decent. Can be bought seperately, or with the picture disc or 2 LP as a bundle package.

At least fernando is keeping himself busy.....

13 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

Does anyone else find it ironic that the band is doing a cash grab vinyl release of an album they sued to prevent the release of in 2004? 

Yep and was about to mention that in another post. You would think they would do some sort of booklet, and add with the vinyl and redo the greatest hits with a real different track listing but nope.....

7 hours ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

That is one ugly shirt. Good job @Fernando. You've outdone yourself again as a manager

Edited by StayofExecution2020
  • Like 1

So tinfoil hat stuff here.

What if Hardschool was/is intended to be on this release?

As far as I've seen there's no mock-up with the track list on the back of the LP. Could point to a tracklist still in flux or one that was hastily "updated"? Don't know if there's any more room on the LP's?

Also I know that this is intended as a vinyl release but will we get a CD release with SOYL on it?

On 07/08/2020 at 6:15 PM, StayofExecution2020 said:

That is one ugly shirt. Good job @Fernando. You've outdone yourself again as a manager

They could have used some colouring for the shirt instead of dark grey light grey.:facepalm:. at this stage im hoping UMG manage the merch for the illusion anniversary if they can do a better job than this.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2020 at 12:58 PM, GNR_RNR said:

So tinfoil hat stuff here.

What if Hardschool was/is intended to be on this release?

As far as I've seen there's no mock-up with the track list on the back of the LP. Could point to a tracklist still in flux or one that was hastily "updated"? Don't know if there's any more room on the LP's?

Also I know that this is intended as a vinyl release but will we get a CD release with SOYL on it?

If you're right about Hardschool I'll buy it.  If not I have no interest.  

4 minutes ago, albowhead said:

ok, and you are not familiar with the typical marketing strategy in terms of best of releases?! honestly, this is surprising. i could have bet you are 16 or so 😄

because in history 9 out of 10 greatest hits albums have some kind of an unreleased extra track in order to make even those fans buy the album which already own the other content. 

3 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

ok, and you are not familiar with the typical marketing strategy in terms of best of releases?! honestly, this is surprising. i could have bet you are 16 or so 😄

because in history 9 out of 10 greatest hits albums have some kind of an unreleased extra track in order to make even those fans buy the album which already own the other content. 

I'd see it more like 50/50, or maybe slightly leaning towards your opinion, but definitely not 9/10. And even if that was the case, GNR would be that 1/10.

8 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I'd see it more like 50/50, or maybe slightly leaning towards your opinion, but definitely not 9/10. And even if that was the case, GNR would be that 1/10.

ok, 9/10 is too much. i agree. 

i didn’t meant it literally, just wanted to draw a picture. 

14 minutes ago, albowhead said:

I see that now.  Stones, Springsteen, The Cure etc. But you have to admit its kinda funny (outside of obvious marketing and fan fare) to release a new song on a greatest hits. 

I think the impression is by virtue of it being on a GH, it would be likely a single and getting a bit of airplay anyway....so people would see it as a hit that way.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, albowhead said:

Why would an unreleased song be anticipated to be on a Greatest Hits album? Is it typical to have an unreleased track as a bonus track or something?

Sometimes it is to entice people who had enough of the band's albums to not need a Greatest Hits, to buy the album.  The one that comes to mind immediately is when Courtney Love put Nirvana's "You Know You're Right" on their Greatest Hits compilation to try and hype of the album for more sales

• Like 1