GN’R Greatest Hits Vinyl - release Sept 25th

3 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

Splatter vinyl arrived today.

I have to say opening up the first 'new' GNR album in 12 years did make me smile.

I look forward to 12 more years of nothing, followed by another Greatest Hits update in 2032 where they add Ain't Going Down on side 2 :lol: :axl:

Glad it came! 

As mentioned above, my enjoyment of opening it was somewhat curbed by the pictures being the wrong way round! 

I did imagine how good it would be if it was a new album too actually. Sad stuff! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Glad it came! 

As mentioned above, my enjoyment of opening it was somewhat curbed by the pictures being the wrong way round! 

I did imagine how good it would be if it was a new album too actually. Sad stuff! 

We can always burn our own albums from the Village Sessions leaks, home seal them, and then imagine they are brand new GNR albums on Christmas morning.

That would actually be less insane than being a fan of Axl Rose.

#TheNextChapter

Edited by jackparker123
  • Haha 3

22 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Glad it came! 

I may just pass on this due to the screwed up artwork. I have every track on vinyl between other releases anyways. 

Buying this would more less be me giving GN'R money just to give them money. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I may just pass on this due to the screwed up artwork. I have every track on vinyl between other releases anyways. 

Buying this would more less be me giving GN'R money just to give them money. 

I thought the same thing. Then I ordered both the Picture Disc and the PC Splatter. I've been holding off on the black vinyl one. There is no way GnR is getting more money out me without new music! 

I hate this band sometimes :facepalm:

5 minutes ago, Sosso said:

No one has noticed the inclusion of SFTD yet? Slash can probably ignore PHT's overdubs when he looks at his paycheck. 

Noticed what? It was on the original release, so it makes sense that it's on the vinyl. 

11 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

I thought the same thing. Then I ordered both the Picture Disc and the PC Splatter. I've been holding off on the black vinyl one. There is no way GnR is getting more money out me without new music! 

I hate this band sometimes :facepalm:

Yeah, I didn't bother pre ordering any version. I saw it at the record store last week, but passed on it. 

If I do end up buying it eventually, the black vinyl is fine with me. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Noticed what? It was on the original release, so it makes sense that it's on the vinyl. 

Releasing a 1:1 version of the album would also mean not to include SOYL. 

Edited by Sosso

6 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Releasing a 1:1 version of the album would also mean not to include SOYL. 

Huh? 

You said no one noticed that Sympathy is included. It wasn't something special to point out since it was on the original release. It would only be something to notice / point out if it had been left off. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The Matinator said:

Or CD, which was a pretty big single.

True but marketing a song called Chinese Democracy in today’s political climate is probably not in the label’s best interest. Plus, Better just “fits in” with the rest of the classic GnR catalog more, imo.

That being said, upon giving it more thought, I understand why the label didn’t include anything from chidem. It would’ve stuck out like a sore thumb, since the personnel credits would’ve listed a whole bunch of different people. It ruins the illusion (no pun intended) of GnR being an actual “band” (even though they haven’t really been one for decades now anyways).

Edited by rocknroll41

11 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

True but marketing a song called Chinese Democracy in today’s political climate is probably not in the label’s best interest. Plus, Better just “fits in” with the rest of the classic GnR catalog more, imo.

That being said, upon giving it more thought, I understand why the label didn’t include anything from chidem. It would’ve stuck out like a sore thumb, since the personnel credits would’ve listed a whole bunch of different people. It ruins the illusion (no pun intended) of GnR being an actual “band” (even though they haven’t really been one for decades now anyways).

This is what I was saying earlier - it’s really only a reissue of the 2004 GH with and additional ‘AFD era’ track added as a bonus. As such, CD-era stuff was NEVER going to be included...as doesn’t fit with the classic era logo, photos etc.

We will only see CD stuff on any career spanning Best Of.

21 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

This is what I was saying earlier - it’s really only a reissue of the 2004 GH with and additional ‘AFD era’ track added as a bonus. As such, CD-era stuff was NEVER going to be included...as doesn’t fit with the classic era logo, photos etc.

We will only see CD stuff on any career spanning Best Of.

Which will probably never happen, unfortunately, since compilation albums in general are becoming more and more obsolete with each passing day.

SIDE NOTE: I like how this GH reissue lists AFD:LNL like it’s a separate album from AFD. It’s almost as if they want us to think that was “the new album” lol.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

Which will probably never happen, unfortunately, since compilation albums in general are becoming more and more obsolete with each passing day.

SIDE NOTE: I like how this GH reissue lists AFD:LNL like it’s a separate album from AFD. It’s almost as if they want us to think that was “the new album” lol.

Anything to make the discography look better. It's like shaving your pubes to make your dick look bigger

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

Anything to make the discography look better. It's like shaving your pubes to make your dick look bigger

I’m outta likes for today but I wanted to acknowledge that I found this metaphor to be quite amusing lol.

That being said, couldn’t they AT LEAST have mentioned ChiDem in the “other albums available” section? They don’t even have to add a song from it to the GH if they really didn’t want to. Just mention that the damn thing exists, ffs!

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

As long as we're going down that route, I would think it would be closer to pills and saline injections to make it look bigger.

Locked n' Loaded did add a few songs from Marquee Club 1987, 1986 Sound City Sessions and even more.

We can only hope that these re-releases (Locked n' Loaded, Greatest Hits LP) are just the tip of the release strategy.  For too long GNR fans have gotten the shaft.  It's really nice when these releases come to fruition.

21 minutes ago, BigVanVader said:

As long as we're going down that route, I would think it would be closer to pills and saline injections to make it look bigger.

Locked n' Loaded did add a few songs from Marquee Club 1987, 1986 Sound City Sessions and even more.

We can only hope that these re-releases (Locked n' Loaded, Greatest Hits LP) are just the tip of the release strategy.  For too long GNR fans have gotten the shaft.  It's really nice when these releases come to fruition.

Hopefully the UYI box makes it to our hands too. If we can’t get a new album, I’d at least be happy with that.