GN’R Greatest Hits Vinyl - release Sept 25th

18 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

And the odd fact that the live era cover is from poster made in ‘85 and ‘86, but the album is labeled 87-93. It’s a shitty cover. 

All the songs were recorded between 87-93.  I actually like the live era cover and artwork.  It was fun to see all the old posters at the time.  I was in high school so wasn't really around when the band was in the club days and the internet wasn't what it was today so it was neat to see all those posters that I had no other way of seeing.  It was pretty rad art imo

And the odd fact that the live era cover is from poster made in ‘85 and ‘86, but the album is labeled 87-93. It’s a shitty cover. 

All the songs were recorded between 87-93.  I actually like the live era cover and artwork.  It was fun to see all the old posters at the time.  I was in high school so wasn't really around when the band was in the club days and the internet wasn't what it was today so it was neat to see all those posters that I had no other way of seeing.  It was pretty rad art imo

On 10/13/2020 at 9:37 AM, Stryker said:

Ordered the gold splatter from uDiscover when it was announced. Still waiting on shipping confirmation. Anyone else in US still waiting on their gold splatter?

Apologies for funding this cash grab, it just looked so pretty lol.

I ordered it from Amazon in August, with the ship date to be 10/9. Then when I looked at the order again, Amazon had changed the ship date to 10/30. So I just ended up cancelling. I had bought a copy of the Walmart splatter vinyl, anyway. Didn't really see myself needing another color.

I ordered two of these (one for me, one for my daughter). I don't have TSI on vinyl, so those two songs, sympathy and Shadow of your love make it worth while for me.

Honestly, I see the appeal of the greatest hits album for casuals. Don't get me wrong, it SHOULD have Brownstone on it at least (Nightrain as well). But for a casual fan, it's a solid first GNR album to buy. I think that's why it's been on the charts for so long. Having said that, Ain't it fun should have been replaced by Brownstone. I would have also replaced Yesterday with Nightrain. Other than that, its hard to argue about the rest of the songs included. Sure, Shadow of your love is HARDLY a GH, but that was clearly included just for this vinyl. I'm speaking more about the standard track list. Ive always been glad that Sympathy was on it, that song deserved a proper GNR release.

“Unfortunately, a production delay has affected the Greatest Hits Limited Edition 2LP in your order and we do not currently have an expected time-frame for when this will ship. We truly apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. As soon as we receive an update regarding your order, we'll be back in touch with you.“

It’s all old music, so there’s no level of urgency for me to get it, I just think it’s funny that this band keeps fucking up the easiest things. 

• Haha 2

Is Oh My God the only GN'R song not officially released on vinyl?

Missed opportunity on the new greatest hits. Haha

The leaked re-worked one with Buckethead would sound great if they removed Bumble's guitar in the solo and other spots and put Bucket back on the solo, or had Slash do the solo.

44 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

The leaked re-worked one with Buckethead would sound great if they removed Bumble's guitar in the solo and other spots and put Bucket back on the solo, or had Slash do the solo.

The End Of Days soundtrack was released on vinyl relatively recently @RussTCBgot it - so it’s now on vinyl!

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

11 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

The End Of Days soundtrack was released on vinyl relatively recently @RussTCBgot it - so it’s now on vinyl!

Yep! I bought that pressing specifically so I could finally have every GNR song on vinyl. It was pressed by a company called Music On Vinyl, who does really good reissues or first time pressings of albums. The sound on the End Of Days Soundtrack is fantastic. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Music On Vinyl reissued the End Of Days soundtrack on vinyl. It might be a limited edition though.

https://www.musiconvinyl.com/catalog/original-soundtrack/end-of-days#.X42o2PdNdPw

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BadApples99 said:

Music On Vinyl reissued the End Of Days soundtrack on vinyl. It might be a limited edition though.

https://www.musiconvinyl.com/catalog/original-soundtrack/end-of-days#.X42o2PdNdPw

Awesome, thanks! I have the uncensored End Of Days soundtrack on audio cassette, and it's great. The CD version I have is censored, however "fuck" is still in Oh My God for some reason.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BadApples99 said:

Music On Vinyl pressings are only limited for the initial colored pressings. 

For example, they did Tiny Music by STP and the first 2000 were on a baby blue color vinyl, then the rest were all on black vinyl. 

I can't remember if there was a limited color version of End Of Days, but the black version shouldn't be limited. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Music On Vinyl pressings are only limited for the initial colored pressings. 

For example, they did Tiny Music by STP and the first 2000 were on a baby blue color vinyl, then the rest were all on black vinyl. 

I can't remember if there was a limited color version of End Of Days, but the black version shouldn't be limited. 

No, there wasn’t a colored pressing for this release. I agree, it really does sound fantastic!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DTV88 said:

No, there wasn’t a colored pressing for this release. I agree, it really does sound fantastic!

Right on. I couldn't remember, it's hard to keep up with their limited run color vinyl selections. I have a lot of MOV pressings but I think the only color one I have is the STP-Tiny Music one, which is why that's easy for me to remember lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Right on. I couldn't remember, it's hard to keep up with their limited run color vinyl selections. I have a lot of MOV pressings but I think the only color one I have is the STP-Tiny Music one, which is why that's easy for me to remember lol

Yah, I have too many of the colored ones: Ju Ju Hounds in orange, 117 Degrees in blue, and some non-GnR related ones as well. I like the sound of MOV pressings, but the cover art always seems low-res.

44 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

Yah, I have too many of the colored ones: Ju Ju Hounds in orange, 117 Degrees in blue, and some non-GnR related ones as well. I like the sound of MOV pressings, but the cover art always seems low-res.

Now that you mention it, I remembered that I have their color variant of Pawnshop Guitars. I need to remember to order those Izzy records. 

57 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

I have 117 Degrees in blue as well, it sounds good but I agree about the artwork seeming low-res.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Due to overwhelming demand, your order is now expected to ship in early December. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.”

Love how they spin poor management as “overwhelming demand”.

Ordered at the beginning of August for delivery in September. Now it’s not gonna ship until December. Frankly quite embarrassing.

1 hour ago, Stryker said:

Due to overwhelming demand, your order is now expected to ship in early December. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.”

Love how they spin poor management as “overwhelming demand”.

Ordered at the beginning of August for delivery in September. Now it’s not gonna ship until December. Frankly quite embarrassing.

Where did you order from? 

Not sure where in the world you are, but HMV in the UK have it in stock again. If it's possible to cancel the order maybe you could re-order from them? They're reputable and got mine to me the day of release.  

Edited by allwaystired
  • Thanks 1