GN’R Greatest Hits Vinyl - release Sept 25th

6 hours ago, Route66 said:

I like Vinyl a lot. I love GNR. Will i buy this? Probably not, and i love my GNR collection. All hope is not lost... but it kinda feels that way. 

I wouldn't say my hope is lost.....but I now expect nothing. I don't think I'll ever hear new material from GNR in their lifetime personally. If I take this stance then hopefully I can be proved wrong.

• Like 1

Including new songs in a Greatest Hits compilation is to give the hardcores a reason to buy an album with songs they've already heard many times over; the only thing the original GH had going for it was the first inclusion of Sympathy for the Devil on a GNR release.

This is purely just a cash-in, since Record Store Day falls one day after the street date for this release.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

They probably think they did their duty by including Shadow of your love here again.

In reality, they found a new way to disappoint. 

Give us fucking Hardschool at least!

lol @RussTCB just posted as well.

I'm the worst with this. I'm the one always shouting "VOTE WITH YOUR WALLET!!" when it comes to GN'R, but I'm absolutely going to buy this pressing. 

I own all 15 Pink Floyd studio albums on vinyl, but I still bought the 3 hits packages they put out. I'm the worst lol

22 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'm the worst with this. I'm the one always shouting "VOTE WITH YOUR WALLET!!" when it comes to GN'R, but I'm absolutely going to buy this pressing. 

I own all 15 Pink Floyd studio albums on vinyl, but I still bought the 3 hits packages they put out. I'm the worst lol

I'm exactly the same. More a CD man, but the same thinking! I have this on pre-order from a record shop, with an option to cancel between now and release date. I thought I'd buy myself some time, and see how my mood and attitude is come late-September! 

• Like 1

On 8/10/2020 at 12:07 AM, zigzagbigbag said:

ok, and you are not familiar with the typical marketing strategy in terms of best of releases?! honestly, this is surprising. i could have bet you are 16 or so 😄

because in history 9 out of 10 greatest hits albums have some kind of an unreleased extra track in order to make even those fans buy the album which already own the other content. 

never gonna happen with this band, unfortunately.  what they should do is press Hardschool on a bonus 7 inch that comes with the version you buy direct from GN'R's website.  That would be waaaaayyyy too obvious though for Team Brazil.

39 minutes ago, surforia said:

never gonna happen with this band, unfortunately.  what they should do is press Hardschool on a bonus 7 inch that comes with the version you buy direct from GN'R's website.  That would be waaaaayyyy too obvious though for Team Brazil.

Sticking it on the Greatest Hits instead of SOYL would have been the best idea and generated significant sales. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, surforia said:

That's actually a really good idea. Simultaneously release it to radio and the increased interest in the "2021" tour would be significant enough to make you think this was a band being managed by professionals.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, soon said:

The LP set is part of a LP subscription service that is curated by Matt Sorum. He seems to selects the LPs to be sold? Just hit 'home' on the site. 

Theres a signed copy of his solo album too.

Yes, this explains it.

https://experiencevinyl.com/

He probably thought: "Well, that's cool, I'm gonna sell it with my signed picture" : :lol:

duff_m10.jpg

slash_10.jpg

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, this explains it.

https://experiencevinyl.com/

He probably thought: "Well, that's cool, I'm gonna sell it with my signed picture" : :lol:

and if you consider that, it's even more sad, that Matt is obviously willing to offer something personal, while official GnR merch store is throwing in a boring black-on-black print shirt as a "goodie".

I'm really not a big Matt fan, but that's probably a much better move than the others did.

Edited by EricA
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, axlvai said:

Beyond parody! 

Love the fact he seemed to become aware of it's release via Twitter, then got down to trying to make a few quid out of it! 

• Like 1

I think its weird that Matt curates a vinyl subscription service and none of us knew about it.

He seems to be at the centre of the operation, with his Adopt the Arts charitable cause featured on the site as well.

Im sure people in the vinyl thread knew. But still.

• Like 1