Jump to content

GN’R Greatest Hits Vinyl - release Sept 25th


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Mines just turned up.....and was just about to post about the backwards photo. Some folk had pointed out the picture disc was wrong when the photos were first released but obviously no-one knew what exactly he inside covers would look like. Slightly irritating. The actual vinyls look tremendous however. 👍

It's just totally absurd. How many people have seen this as it's designed, approved, made etc....and not one of these people pointed out the error?! It pisses me off greatly, mainly because people in creative jobs that are incompetent always piss me off, as these jobs are so competitive. If you're designing record sleeves and you can't even get the pictures the right way round, then fuck off and let someone else do it who can. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Damn damn damn. GN'R has figured out how to get my money. The completionist inside me will not allow me to pass this up even though I don't need it at all. 

I am surprised there is any excitement about this at all.. I'll take a hard pass

Pass     Hard pass....   I don’t care how many more times they can repackage old music, not buying it!  

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

It's just totally absurd. How many people have seen this as it's designed, approved, made etc....and not one of these people pointed out the error?! It pisses me off greatly, mainly because people in creative jobs that are incompetent always piss me off, as these jobs are so competitive. If you're designing record sleeves and you can't even get the pictures the right way round, then fuck off and let someone else do it who can. 

 

Fair comment - it’s a ‘schoolboy/girl’ error for sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DTJ80 said:

Fair comment - it’s a ‘schoolboy/girl’ error for sure.

Yeah for sure. It's a real shame, as it looks great apart from that, which should never have happened. I'm sure no-one at Universal will give a flying shit though! Whoever did the final sign-off on it is probably collecting their hefty pay packet without even a tap on the wrist! 

Ah well. SOMETHING had to be wrong! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Yeah for sure. It's a real shame, as it looks great apart from that, which should never have happened. I'm sure no-one at Universal will give a flying shit though! Whoever did the final sign-off on it is probably collecting their hefty pay packet without even a tap on the wrist! 

Ah well. SOMETHING had to be wrong! 

😂 true -almost perfect but just missed out

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Stress Fracture said:

I thought the credits in this would finally give away what they did with Shadow of Your Love, but no.

I looked at that too....I suppose it doesn’t halt the myth that Slash added in stuff or Axl re-recorded vocals (Disclaimer:- I’m not convinced much was tampered with) as they would just be listed as normal as who performed on the song. But still clearly going with Adler on drums....

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

https://imgur.com/a/cJ0h3m4

Some pics here. 

It's dawned on me that the image inside is the wrong way round......which is sort of shocking really. 

I mean, is there NO-ONE to quality control this stuff?! 

8fFMZck.jpgzAGC4gP.jpgkbX13Do.jpgQzIYgfb.jpgXUuEMWy.jpg88dsKzw.jpg

Yeah. Have posted some pics above. 

Mine arrived today as well... The vinyl looks cool

The image on the inside though :facepalm:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I would have bought this if it had a new song, I'd even settle for a song from CD. Better should have made it.

I suppose if minimum criteria was charts/hits then it would be CD the song...but it wouldn’t fit the narrative of it being the classic era. They could have got away with a new track however.

Now - a vinyl release of the cancelled best of......yes please!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

That they have reversed the picture is terrible. I will have that four times then: the black and gold splattered were delivered today at the local post office, the picture disc is on its way from the UK and a colleague of mine received the Walmart edition in the US and will ship it to Europe.

 

Yep, I know, many will call me crazy but like to collect these items, plus it is the pandemic and I am bored 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, JY2016 said:

That they have reversed the picture is terrible. I will have that four times then: the black and gold splattered were delivered today at the local post office, the picture disc is on its way from the UK and a colleague of mine received the Walmart edition in the US and will ship it to Europe.

 

Yep, I know, many will call me crazy but like to collect these items, plus it is the pandemic and I am bored 😂

You're crazy. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DownUnderScott said:

Ha! I like it mate, having GnR wait for you for a change. I'm sure you'll feel like getting it 'soon'...

I ran to the record store to get my Prince set & Nick Mason live album and didn't even think twice about the GN'R LP. It's strange to realize that now, but I'll get it when I get it. I have every song on it on vinyl already anyway. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I was going to say that’s because there ain’t any CD songs on there...but notice Live Era is listed but no Live Era song.....

Can only imagine that because some of the songs on this Greatest Hits are on Live Era that’s why it’s listed.

No matter what anyone says, CD is a GNR album (as if Axl would allow it to be scrubbed) and it’s just not on here due to its nature - classic era/reissue.

A ‘Best Of’ in the style of the cancelled effort would have been a different story - that covered everything.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

I looked at that too....I suppose it doesn’t halt the myth that Slash added in stuff or Axl re-recorded vocals (Disclaimer:- I’m not convinced much was tampered with) as they would just be listed as normal as who performed on the song. But still clearly going with Adler on drums....

We all know Axl doesn't re-record vocals.  The Village CD's proved that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

I'm assuming here you bought it from a disreputable source like the official site....always a mistake if you want anything in a timely fashion! 

 

I preordered it from a site that I wasn't familiar with before the news broke, I don't buy many bootleg vinyl records but I assumed that's what it was, so it came as a surprise when they eventually advertised it!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dean said:

I preordered it from a site that I wasn't familiar with before the news broke, I don't buy many bootleg vinyl records but I assumed that's what it was, so it came as a surprise when they eventually advertised it!! 

Haha- it'll be fine I'm sure! What site did you get it from? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Haha- it'll be fine I'm sure! What site did you get it from? 

These cheeky bastards here: https://thesoundofvinyl.com/*/*/Greatest-Hits-Gold-White-Red-Splatter-Vinyl/6MT90000000

I just checked my emails and they notified me of the changed release date on the 4th of August!! Got to love it. I wonder what caused the delay as they didn't say, I thought it was maybe TB angling for Wichita Lineman to replace Paradise City 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, allwaystired said:

It's just totally absurd. How many people have seen this as it's designed, approved, made etc....and not one of these people pointed out the error?! It pisses me off greatly, mainly because people in creative jobs that are incompetent always piss me off, as these jobs are so competitive. If you're designing record sleeves and you can't even get the pictures the right way round, then fuck off and let someone else do it who can. 

 

This Greatest Hits set is a hastily thrown together package, a money grab. Perhaps anyone who gets a copy with the backwards photo will have a potential collector's item if UMG decides to fix it in the future.

8 hours ago, allwaystired said:

https://imgur.com/a/cJ0h3m4

Some pics here. 

It's dawned on me that the image inside is the wrong way round......which is sort of shocking really. 

I mean, is there NO-ONE to quality control this stuff?! 

8fFMZck.jpgzAGC4gP.jpgkbX13Do.jpgQzIYgfb.jpgXUuEMWy.jpg88dsKzw.jpg

Yeah. Have posted some pics above. 

I ordered the gold splatter version from Amazon, won't be shipping until October 9th at the earliest.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...