GN’R Greatest Hits Vinyl - release Sept 25th

3 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

It’s a totally bizarre release - 7 years later etc. I’m sure it was specifically for Walmart or something and it was profanity free which is why it has an odd track list.

I think that's exactly what it was. A rebranded version since Wal-Mart wouldn't sell anything with the parental advisory sticker on it. It's basically a redundancy in the catalogue at this point. Might be worthwhile for a collector I suppose.

3 hours ago, James Bond said:

I think that's exactly what it was. A rebranded version since Wal-Mart wouldn't sell anything with the parental advisory sticker on it. It's basically a redundancy in the catalogue at this point. Might be worthwhile for a collector I suppose.

I'm pretty sure the mix of KOHD that's on the compilation isn't available anywhere else.

7 hours ago, DTV88 said:

I'm pretty sure the mix of KOHD that's on the compilation isn't available anywhere else.

It is not a different mix. It is the exact same as the album version, without the phone call interlude -so it's simply a bit shorter.

2 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

And - some folk hate the phone call part so this version will be their ‘go-to’ version. 👍

It is pretty unbearable, they should have recorded it in a similar style to The Ritz '88.

Makes no difference to me though as my go to is the acoustic version from 2001!!! :axl::tommy: :robin02:

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

I’m pretty sure KOHD still had the phone call on the 2004 greatest hits, right?

So is this the 1998 edit? Where the phone call was removed? That’s what’s on the new vinyl version, I take it?

I’ve not listened to it yet...I think the conversation got split to talk about the UYI compilation disc from 1998. I’d imagine KOHD will be the same as the 2004 disc....anyone listened to it yet?

Just now, DTJ80 said:

I’ve not listened to it yet...I think the conversation got split to talk about the UYI compilation disc from 1998. I’d imagine KOHD will be the same as the 2004 disc....anyone listened to it yet?

Just checked the official YouTube upload of 2020 GH and yeah KOHD is still the same, phone call and all.

My apologies for misunderstanding where the conversation had lead to. Yes, the “no phone call” edit of KOHD is exclusive to the 1998 version of UYI.

4 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Just checked the official YouTube upload of 2020 GH and yeah KOHD is still the same, phone call and all.

My apologies for misunderstanding where the conversation had lead to. Yes, the “no phone call” edit of KOHD is exclusive to the 1998 version of UYI.

Ha ha - no need to apologise. 👍

9 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Better was a single, it would have been a great addition to the new GH record, especially a newer reworked version with the current lineup. 

Even OMG, since it was a single in 1999.

Silkworms would have been a funny choice.

Better (or even better Hardschool) should have been on the second side to make it an even 4 tracks per side.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

I really hate pre-ordering an album and then not having it 5 days after the release date.

Yeah, that's really shitty. I have to say, I was REALLY impressed by ordering it from HMV in the UK. It arrived on the morning of release, really well protected in great packaging. I'd fully recommend them for the future. 

7 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Yeah, that's really shitty. I have to say, I was REALLY impressed by ordering it from HMV in the UK. It arrived on the morning of release, really well protected in great packaging. I'd fully recommend them for the future. 

I ordered from Banquet Records as they're normally pretty cheap, it was £34.99 shipped for the splatter one. Next time I don't think I'll be using them.

Edited by jackparker123

2 hours ago, jackparker123 said:

I ordered from Banquet Records as they're normally pretty cheap, it was £34.99 shipped for the splatter one. Next time I don't think I'll be using them.

I wonder if maybe they haven't received the stock allocation they thought they were and they're waiting to find out if they can get more? 

HMV is showing it as sold out, but might be worth keeping an eye on. If you live near a branch they might have some copies in store? 

Edited by allwaystired

3 hours ago, jackparker123 said:

I really hate pre-ordering an album and then not having it 5 days after the release date.

I ordered the Picture Disc from the GnR site and received an email stating that it'll be 2 weeks late "due to overwhelming demand". 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

I wonder if maybe they haven't received the stock allocation they thought they were and they're waiting to find out if they can get more? 

HMV is showing it as sold out, but might be worth keeping an eye on. If you live near a branch they might have some copies in store? 

Order dispatched on Monday this week apparently, according to my email.