Axl Rose has trademarked his own name

Finally.

Now we will get the opportunity to buy AXL ROSE* laundry bags, AXL ROSE* toy trucks, AXL ROSE* loungewear, AXL ROSE* bracelets and AXL ROSE* drinkware.  Maybe even AXL ROSE* thong undergarments and AXL ROSE* duvet covers if we are lucky!

Not sure about you guys, but I'm sick of GnFnR stuff anyways...

10 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Can't wait for all the bandanas, shirts, pants, hats, watches, necklaces, toy trucks, laundry bags, beach towels, shot glasses, coffee mugs and scented candles featuring this logo.

c47f683ad788b69c12541207ededd0b2.jpg

He has trademarked only clothing though. He would need another trademark for toy trucks and such :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

It's about time we had a sensible discussion of the Guns N' Roses visual branding. There was a time I loved GN'R to death. I'd wear the shirts, the hoodies, the patches, the badges. I had all the merch apart from that blackcurrant scented candle, which I only wish I'd bought. 

I've since become a graphic designer, and frankly, I'm tired of the stuff they're putting out. One band tshirt after another, which looks like another Iron Maiden shirt. I thought the bullet logo was good, but it's dated. The AFD crucifix might have been edgy in 1987, but it's just tacky now. It's not well drawn. I guess it sells, but honestly, I've not bought a GN'R tshirt since 2006, because it's just an illustration slapped on to a black Fruit of the Loom with no consideration for how it will look after a wash, or even if it will fit well. 

The GN'R visual style should be of a quality to reflect the quality of their music and live performance. If they're also a current band and not their own tribute, I'd like to see a refreshed logo, new fonts, new colours. All of which honours their legacy, but doesn't look as cliched as everything else.

It's a project I'd be itching to do, but I don't know who I'd have to contact.

Yep, its super gaudy. Im curious, if they hired you, what are a few options you'd present to them as a main logo (at least for a merch line)? :headbang:

Edited by soon

3 hours ago, EricA said:

i don't like @soons idea, because we all can guess which family is considered in his will, but over all that makes so much more sense than everything else mentioned.

I don't know what axls relationship is like with his actual brother and sister but hopefully it's good to when the time does come(hopefully many decades from now) that his actual family are the ones to benifit and not the grifters managing( trades description act is doing heavy lifting) this band. I hope they don't get much of anything. 

26 minutes ago, soon said:

Yep, its super gaudy. Im curious, if they hired you, what are a few options you'd present to them as a main logo (at least for a merch line)? :headbang:

Off the top of my head, I'd propose a reworked bullet logo. Really simplified. Clean lines, less texture. Sweet geometry. All of their merch looks very American. European graphic design seems to me to be more functional and less art based than American design, so I guess that's why I hate it so much, it just doesn't align with my culture or tastes. The reason I haven't already designed it, is that anything I do pro bono gets shoved to the bottom of my to-do list. It would be a thankless task. :lol:

• GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, Gracii Guns said:

It's about time we had a sensible discussion of the Guns N' Roses visual branding. There was a time I loved GN'R to death. I'd wear the shirts, the hoodies, the patches, the badges. I had all the merch apart from that blackcurrant scented candle, which I only wish I'd bought. 

I've since become a graphic designer, and frankly, I'm tired of the stuff they're putting out. One band tshirt after another, which looks like another Iron Maiden shirt. I thought the bullet logo was good, but it's dated. The AFD crucifix might have been edgy in 1987, but it's just tacky now. It's not well drawn. I guess it sells, but honestly, I've not bought a GN'R tshirt since 2006, because it's just an illustration slapped on to a black Fruit of the Loom with no consideration for how it will look after a wash, or even if it will fit well. 

The GN'R visual style should be of a quality to reflect the quality of their music and live performance. If they're also a current band and not their own tribute, I'd like to see a refreshed logo, new fonts, new colours. All of which honours their legacy, but doesn't look as cliched as everything else.

It's a project I'd be itching to do, but I don't know who I'd have to contact.

I agree with everything you said. Metallica and U2 both do a great job with merch, but the GNR shirt featuring the lithos were cool. 

I see Duff has also trademarked his own name

Word Mark DUFF MCKAGAN
Goods and Services IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Reproductions of sound and video in electronic and digital form, namely, musical sound recordings, musical video recordings, musical sound and video recordings featuring concerts, musical sound and video recordings featuring live musical performances, downloadable recordings featuring band interviews, motion picture films featuring music documentaries, live musical concerts, and musician interviews downloadable from remote computers, on-line databases, facilities provided on the Internet and websites; Music, sounds images, text and information, all relating to music, entertainers, performers, entertainment products, entertainment services and music-related products, namely, musical sound recordings, musical video recordings, digital music downloadable from the Internet, musical sound and video recordings featuring concerts, musical sound and video recordings featuring live musical performances, downloadable recordings featuring band interviews, motion picture films featuring music documentaries, live musical concerts and musician interviews downloadable from telecommunications networks, wireless networks, and downloadable by online delivery, by way of the Internet and the world wide web; Pre-recorded electronic sound, image and data storage media, namely, CDs, CD-ROMS, digital disks, digital video discs, magnetic and optical hard drives, DVD-ROMS, memory cards, flash drives and solid state memory storage, featuring music, musical sound recordings, musical video recordings, concerts, live musical performances, band interviews, motion picture films featuring music documentaries, live musical concerts and musician interviews; downloadable MP3 files, MP3 recordings featuring music, musical sound recordings, musical video recordings, concerts, live musical performances and band interviews downloadable from Internet web sites; Computer software for playing music, recording music, music production; Computer programs for playing music, recording music, music production; Multimedia software, namely, CDs, CD-ROMS, digital disks, digital video discs and DVD-ROMS for playing music, recording music, music production; Digital media, namely, CDs, digital disks, digital video discs, downloadable audio files and downloadable video files featuring music, musical sound recordings, musical video recordings, concerts, live musical performances, band interviews, motion picture films featuring music documentaries, live musical concerts and musician interviews; Computer software for securing digital content; Computer programs for managing communications and data exchange relating to music, audio and visual data; Multimedia software for downloading music, audio and visual data; CDs and digital video discs featuring music, musical sound recordings, musical video recordings, concerts, live musical performances, band interviews, motion picture films featuring music documentaries, live musical concerts and musician interviews; Audio tapes and booklets sold as a unit featuring music, musical sound recordings, musical video recordings, concerts, live musical performances and band interviews; Prerecorded vinyl phonograph records featuring music, musical sound recordings, concerts, live musical performances and band interviews; Sound and video recordings on corresponding recording carriers, namely, musical sound recordings and musical video recordings featuring music, concerts, live musical performances, band interviews, motion picture films featuring music documentaries, live musical concerts, and musician interviews; Audio and video cassettes featuring music, musical sound recordings, musical video recordings, concerts, live musical performances, band interviews, motion picture films featuring music documentaries, live musical concerts and musician interviews. FIRST USE: 19931000. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19931000

IC 025. US 022 039. G & S: Clothing for men, women and children, namely, shirts, tank tops, sweat shirts with and without hoods, sweaters, jackets, hats, caps, visors, head bands, bandanas, shorts, pants, stretch pants, sweat pants, dresses, skirts, socks, bathing suits, briefs, under garments, lingerie and footwear. FIRST USE: 19931000. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19931000

IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment services, namely, live musical performances and live music concerts; Music entertainment services, namely, providing nondownloadable pre-recorded music and musical based entertainment via the global computer network on a subscription basis; Providing a website over a global computer network featuring entertainment information on musical recordings and on musical artists and their recordings and providing links to the websites of others featuring prerecorded music, musical based entertainment, musical artists and their recordings; Entertainment services, namely, providing information, news and commentary in the field of entertainment; Organizing of concerts, namely, arranging and conducting of concerts and live musical performances; Production and distribution in the field of entertainment, namely, production of sound recordings and visual recordings and production of concerts, live musical shows and radio programs; Providing non-downloadable pre-recorded music, providing non-downloadable pre-recorded music videos, providing information in the field of music, and commentary and articles about music, all online via a global computer network, for the benefit of membership of an entertainment club; Providing an Internet website portal in the field of music; Providing podcasts in the field of music; Providing information in the field of entertainment, namely, music, music concerts, musical performances and live concerts; Music services, namely, providing online entertainment, namely, providing non-downloadable prerecorded sound and audio-visual recordings in the field of music and musical based entertainment; Providing an Internet website portal in the field of music featuring non-downloadable music, musical sound recordings, musical video recordings, concerts, live musical performances, band interviews, live musical concerts and musician interviews; Providing non-downloadable digital music via MP3, high resolution digital and similar digital formats websites on the Internet and wireless networks; Providing non-downloadable digital music via the Internet and wireless networks. FIRST USE: 19931000. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19931000

Standard Characters Claimed  
Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Serial Number 88157469
Filing Date October 16, 2018
Current Basis 1A
Original Filing Basis 1A
Published for Opposition September 17, 2019
Registration Number 5924164
Registration Date December 3, 2019
Owner (REGISTRANT) McKagan, Michael A. INDIVIDUAL UNITED STATES 16000 Ventura Blvd., Ste. 600 Encino CALIFORNIA 91436
Attorney of Record Jason J. Liberman
Type of Mark TRADEMARK. SERVICE MARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Other Data The name(s), portrait(s), and/or signature(s) shown in the mark identifies Michael McKagan, whose consent(s) to register is made of record.
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Duff trademarked it two years ago, so he was first. He also trademarked "Duff McKagan's Loaded" at the same time.

Oh.....my imagination was going into overdrive...!!! They must be getting ready for a album/live/single.....😂.

Oh well!