Axl Rose has trademarked his own name

Axl has also trademarked "HELL ROSE PLACE", same date as his name. 

Word Mark HELL ROSE PLACE
Goods and Services IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment information; entertainment services in the nature of live musical performances; entertainment services in the nature of providing entertainment information regarding musicians, musical sound recordings, music videos, music and licensed merchandise via a website; entertainment services, namely, providing a website featuring non-downloadable audio and video recordings of performances from music and entertainment festivals; entertainment services, namely, providing non-downloadable music and music videos via the internet; music composition services for others; music publishing services; non-downloadable musical sound recordings; production and distribution of musical audio and video recordings; radio entertainment production; record production services; recording studio services; song writing services
Standard Characters Claimed  
Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Serial Number 90086609
Filing Date July 31, 2020
Current Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Owner (APPLICANT) Rose, W. Axl INDIVIDUAL UNITED STATES 5950 Canoga Avenue, Suite 510 Woodland Hills CALIFORNIA 91367
Attorney of Record Jill M. Pietrini
Type of Mark SERVICE MARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE
Word Mark HELL ROSE PLACE
Goods and Services IC 025. US 022 039. G & S: Clothing, namely, bandanas, jackets, jeans, jerseys, loungewear, neckwear, overalls, pants, ponchos, shirts, shorts, sleepwear, socks, sweat bands, sweatpants, sweatshirts, tank tops, t-shirts, undergarments, and vests; and headwear
Standard Characters Claimed  
Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Serial Number 90086586
Filing Date July 31, 2020
Current Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Owner (APPLICANT) Rose, W. Axl INDIVIDUAL UNITED STATES 5950 Canoga Avenue, Suite 510 Woodland Hills CALIFORNIA 91367
Attorney of Record Jill M. Pietrini
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

And I just remembered that @cineater had posted this link to a churches website a while ago in the general musings thread:

On 7/19/2020 at 4:22 AM, cineater said:

https://malibu-ca.alluschurches.com/hell-rose-place/

Someone out to make a fast buck.  Do you think Axl's address has been on the net since the beginning of net time? :lol:

Apparently Axl did it. EDIT: Or someone had added it to the churches listing and Axl liked the name and decided it to use it :lol:

Edited by Blackstar

2 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

It's about time we had a sensible discussion of the Guns N' Roses visual branding. There was a time I loved GN'R to death. I'd wear the shirts, the hoodies, the patches, the badges. I had all the merch apart from that blackcurrant scented candle, which I only wish I'd bought. 

I've since become a graphic designer, and frankly, I'm tired of the stuff they're putting out. One band tshirt after another, which looks like another Iron Maiden shirt. I thought the bullet logo was good, but it's dated. The AFD crucifix might have been edgy in 1987, but it's just tacky now. It's not well drawn. I guess it sells, but honestly, I've not bought a GN'R tshirt since 2006, because it's just an illustration slapped on to a black Fruit of the Loom with no consideration for how it will look after a wash, or even if it will fit well. 

The GN'R visual style should be of a quality to reflect the quality of their music and live performance. If they're also a current band and not their own tribute, I'd like to see a refreshed logo, new fonts, new colours. All of which honours their legacy, but doesn't look as cliched as everything else.

It's a project I'd be itching to do, but I don't know who I'd have to contact.

Should be of a quality reflecting their live performance... I think their lazy merchandise perfectly captures their lazy approach to playing :D 

20 minutes ago, Alejandro GNR said:

Fernando was asked about this and he answered “WHY NOT??? NO REAL REASON...JUST DOING USUAL RENEWAL TASKS AND THIS CAME IN”

🤦🏻‍♂️

He's answering like a 13 years old... 🤦‍♂️😂

16 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Is there any monetary gain from this? Like, if an article or video about him is released, does he get paid whenever they use his name? Seems like the kind of thing Gene Simmons would do :lol:

I don't think so, as far as these examples go, because there are specific descriptions about each trademark's services. I think the description in Duff's trademark includes interviews. 

Maybe he can block something that uses his name though.

But, like I said above, it turns out it's a fairly common thing and almost everybody does it, not just Gene Simmons :lol:

Edited by Blackstar

5 hours ago, allwaystired said:

I smell heaps and heaps of merchandise no-one sane would ever dream of buying. 

4 hours ago, KURT19 said:

Finally.

Now we will get the opportunity to buy AXL ROSE* laundry bags, AXL ROSE* toy trucks, AXL ROSE* loungewear, AXL ROSE* bracelets and AXL ROSE* drinkware.  Maybe even AXL ROSE* thong undergarments and AXL ROSE* duvet covers if we are lucky!

Not sure about you guys, but I'm sick of GnFnR stuff anyways...

Yep.

1 hour ago, Alejandro GNR said:

Fernando was asked about this and he answered “WHY NOT??? NO REAL REASON...JUST DOING USUAL RENEWAL TASKS AND THIS CAME IN”

🤦🏻‍♂️

Welp, that was fun while it lasted...

Should this thread be locked now, then?

Edited by rocknroll41

I'd bet this is to stop bands from releasing albums like Against Me did  "reinventing Axl Rose" and possibly get his names out of lyrics like Ben Folds Five did.

OR 

a cartoon called Hell Rose Place based off his life which would be AWESOME.

episode 1: did a bunch of mushrooms and then wrote some songs

episodes 2- 300: didnt release them yet, but having a ball with these nutty Brazlians and their jokes that dont quite translate to English but I'm scared shitless of Beta so I'll play along

Spin Off Show:  where in the world is Paul Tobias- where cameras follow Axl into diners all across America watching him eat pies and asking locals if they have seen Paul.

Edited by Chester 524
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Chester 524 said:

I'd bet this is to stop bands from releasing albums like Against Me did  "reinventing Axl Rose" and possibly get his names out of lyrics like Ben Folds Five did.

OR 

a cartoon called Hell Rose Place based off his life which would be AWESOME.

episode 1: did a bunch of mushrooms and then wrote some songs

episodes 2- 300: didnt release them yet, but having a ball with these nutty Brazlians and their jokes that dont quite translate to English but I'm scared shitless of Beta so I'll play along

Spin Off Show:  where in the world is Paul Tobias- where cameras follow Axl into diners all across America watching him eat pies and asking locals if they have seen Paul.

This is the best post I’ve seen in a while!

• Like 2