"Cancel Culture" Opinions?

RussTCB

16 minutes ago, action said:

what do you read then? :lol:

Haha, fair. :lol: I just mean that although some crackpot profs can cause issues for society (paging Jordan Peterson), but these stories are just to get you excited about nothing. I bet it amounts to nothing. So, to answer your question I try to read media that would not cover this story. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if CBC and BBC covers it. (Also a math prof making a comment on race isnt cancelling math!)

I read,

The Intercept

CBC

Intercontinental Cry

Human Rights Watch

The Hampton Institute 

Various blogs and media collectives 

Al Jazeera

BBC

News Wires

Edited by soon

38 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Latest woke drivel: racist bras,

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/marks-and-spencer-racist-bra-apology-colour-a9667931.html

Apparently the word ''tobacco'' is racist!

then slash is racist for endorsing the slash "tobocco sunburst" gibson model. the little weasel, he had us all fooled all along!

57 minutes ago, soon said:

Haha, fair. :lol: I just mean that although some crackpot profs can cause issues for society (paging Jordan Peterson), but these stories are just to get you excited about nothing. I bet it amounts to nothing. So, to answer your question I try to read media that would not cover this story. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if CBC and BBC covers it. (Also a math prof making a comment on race isnt cancelling math!)

I read,

The Intercept

CBC

Intercontinental Cry

Human Rights Watch

The Hampton Institute 

Various blogs and media collectives 

Al Jazeera

BBC

News Wires

jordan peterson? what has he done to ruffle your feathers? if I was half as intelligent as he is, I would be able to give twice the comebacks to your posts as usual

4 minutes ago, action said:

jordan peterson? what has he done to ruffle your feathers? if I was half as intelligent as he is, I would be able to give twice the comebacks to your posts as usual

Are you kidding me??? You are smarter than him.

He knows absolutely nothing about politics. So what does this wise man decide to do? Make a second career opining on politics :lol: 

He taks about this boogeyman "the postmodernist cultural marxist" in a way that would make the uniformed think that postmodernism and marxism arent in fact frequently at odds with one another! :lol: He made enough noise about marxism that he was invited to debate Slavoj Žižek, a prominent marxist thinker with a handful of PHDs, whose written like 40 books. Peterson steps to the podium and announces that he's never read a word written by the man he's about to debate but in preparation to the debate Peterson read the Manifesto... Shouldnt one do that before talking for a few years about Marxism, as a professor?!?!? It takes about 15 minutes to read! :lol: Hes such a fraud that he didnt even know what a fool that made him out to be!! 

He also says that humans "dont know yet" if men and women can be in the workforce together... because women wear makeup to increase their sexual attractiveness... Which is apparently the root of all evil in the workplace. :lol: I read this as the "I cant stop jerking off at work" pillar of his platform :lol:

His dumb ideas were so hard for him to defend that it lead to a nervous breakdown. He's only public appearances in over a year was recently when he appeared on his daughters podcast. Her podcast is about how everyone should only eat meat :lol::lol:

Cant make this stuff up. :lol::lol:

12 minutes ago, soon said:

He knows absolutely nothing about politics. So what does this wise man decide to do? Make a second career opining on politics :lol: 

He taks about this boogeyman "the postmodernist cultural marxist" in a way that would make the uniformed think that postmodernism and marxism arent in fact frequently at odds with one another! :lol: He made enough noise about marxism that he was invited to debate Slavoj Žižek, a prominent marxist thinker with a handful of PHDs, whose written like 40 books. Peterson steps to the podium and announces that he's never read a word written by the man he's about to debate but in preparation to the debate Peterson read the Manifesto... Shouldnt one do that before talking for a few years about Marxism, as a professor?!?!? It takes about 15 minutes to read! :lol: Hes such a fraud that he didnt even know what a fool that made him out to be!! 

He also says that humans "dont know yet" if men and women can be in the workforce together... because women wear makeup to increase their sexual attractiveness... Which is apparently the root of all evil in the workplace. :lol: I read this as the "I cant stop jerking off at work" pillar of his platform :lol:

His dumb ideas were so hard for him to defend that it lead to a nervous breakdown. He's only public appearances in over a year was recently when he appeared on his daughters podcast. Her podcast is about how everyone should only eat meat :lol::lol:

well, I don't know about any of that.

I do know that he is the constant target of triggered people. so I guess....he was canceled?

I'd have a nervous breakdown too!

4 minutes ago, action said:

well, I don't know about any of that.

I do know that he is the constant target of triggered people. so I guess....he was canceled?

I'd have a nervous breakdown too!

No that’s also not what cancelled means. :facepalm:

he appeals to people who don’t know anything about politics. Especially terminology. People who will hear new info about the subject they are discussing and just sweep it aside to maintain their original, incorrect POV, for instance. ;)

He’s a snake oil salesman. Again he had a nervous breakdown because of his daily inability to prove any of his bad ideas.

Edited by soon

29 minutes ago, soon said:

he appeals to people who don’t know anything about politics. Especially terminology. People who will hear new info about the subject they are discussing and just sweep it aside to maintain their original, incorrect POV, for instance. ;)

sounds like my kind of guy :lol:

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, soon said:

He's just a cultural oppertunist that realised there is currency in attacking certain members of society and extolling the virtues of certain rapidly fading cultural mores and ways of thinking.  The thing about fading cultural mores and methods of thought is that, whilst they're fading, in those few transitional decades, there are still a lot of people who believe in them...and a savvy marketer can highlight that and make some money out of it.  Thats all it is, he's on an earner.  The guys a fuckin' university poindexter in a cheap suit banging on about masculinity as if he carries a tin lunchbox and works in a metal foundry.

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Latest woke drivel: racist bras,

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/marks-and-spencer-racist-bra-apology-colour-a9667931.html

Apparently the word ''tobacco'' is racist!

this is seriously fucked up. And so many companies are enabling these idiots cause they can't afford to lose money so they quickly apologize. The customer is always right. Now more than ever when they can do real damage to revenue. I guess some people got too much time on their hands so why not get offended? it could be about anything at this point.

I think a lot of people are losing touch with reality and the price is living in fear of offending others and losing any semblance of personality in the process. I think that when your life is comfortable enough, you can focus more of your attention on judging your surroundings and changing it into matching how you want it to be in your head. The scary part is that technology now allows this to happen so easily.

It's like we're forced to live in a reality tv show.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

this is seriously fucked up. And so many companies are enabling these idiots cause they can't afford to lose money so they quickly apologize. The customer is always right. Now more than ever when they can do real damage to revenue. I guess some people got too much time on their hands so why not get offended? it could be about anything at this point.

I think a lot of people are losing touch with reality and the price is living in fear of offending others and losing any semblance of personality in the process. I think that when your life is comfortable enough, you can focus more of your attention on judging your surroundings and changing it into matching how you want it to be in your head. The scary part is that technology now allows this to happen so easily.

It's like we're forced to live in a reality tv show.

On another level though, being as how I'm not affected by it, its kinda amusing :lol: 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

How so?

it's a behavior that becomes acceptable by both sides (the consumer/public and the merchant) so taken by it's own, it seems silly, but given enough time and hilariously ignorant people with the power to complain and be appeased on this level, I think it can be dangerous to freedom of expression and might even reshape the world into being even more dictated by false virtues.

so yes, I find it funny but also serious when you can't use the word "tobacco" to describe the color of a bra. This is our reality now how will it look like in the future? and for the next generation? probably poop brown.

Edited by Rovim