"Cancel Culture" Opinions?

RussTCB

this reminds me how the jews in nazi germany were constantly afraid to be handed over to the nazis, and citizens went completely bonkers to hand over jews to the nazis.

that scene in the pianist, when the absolutely crazy blonde woman asked the jewish lead character "show me your identity guard! you're a jude aren't you? guards! jude! jude!" sporting a twisted, psychotic face while pointing to the jew. 

9 minutes ago, action said:

1984 - newspeak

It's the liberal dream world.

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

It's the liberal dream world.

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

You do understand that twitter and liberals arent the Party though, right? Pure propaganda, when the evidence presented dos not support that claim made about the evidence.

The Party actually does falsify reality when it says things like 'America is handling the pandemic really well and only fake news says otherwise.' And you support that. 

9 minutes ago, soon said:

You do understand that twitter and liberals arent the Party though, right? Pure propaganda, when the evidence presented dos not support that claim made about the evidence.

The Party actually does falsify reality when it says things like 'America is handling the pandemic really well and only fake news says otherwise.' And you support that. 

"the party" in 1984 is a metaphor for"social media" in today's world. George orwell could not foresee social media happening, but he was smart enough to see the seeds of it in society and the way people behave. it was like a vision of the future. social media is all seeing, it has it's own ideology that evolves and changes without notice, the changes are instantly accepted by the members of social media. the members of social media act hysterical to acts of infidelity and so on.

Edited by action

8 minutes ago, action said:

"the party" in 1984 is a metaphor for"social media" in today's world. George orwell could not foresee social media happening, but he was smart enough to see the seeds of it in society and the way people behave. it was like a vision of the future. social media is all seeing, it has it's own ideology that evolves and changes without notice, the changes are instantly accepted by the members of social media. the members of social media act hysterical to acts of infidelity and so on.

The only people I see acting hysterical are those listing a tweet that says Twitter engineering has decided to use inclusive language in a thread about cancel culture. :lol: And then using 1984 out of context which is the most cliched thing I can imagine. 

14 minutes ago, soon said:

The Party is instantly recognizable, the Party is suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome.

6 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

The Party is instantly recognizable, the Party is suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome.

You support a party that lies about the pandemic and gaslights those who use facts. Thats the Trump regime. 

8 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

Whatever you say.

In topic:

Ea2MaUVXQAEYIlC?format=jpg&name=small

I love how you cant even understand how what I said is perfectly on topic. :lol::lol: 

Do you want to know what is not on topic? That Sky Cinema is playing the movie Alien... Because that means it hasnt been cancelled. :lol::lol:

Edited by soon

8 minutes ago, soon said:

I love how you cant even understand how what I said is perfectly on topic. :lol::lol: 

Do you want to know what is not on topic? That Sky Cinema is playing the movie Alien... Because that means it hasnt been cancelled. :lol::lol:

So much seething :D

Dude whatever you say. Inclusive language good, orange man bad. You are free to express your opinion that's all that matters to me honestly.

3 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

So much seething :D

Dude whatever you say. Inclusive language good, orange man bad. You are free to express your opinion that's all that matters to me honestly.

What I actually said was that most of what you are posting isn’t about cancel culture :lol: 

But just run and hide where no one can challenge your confused assertions. A safe space for ignorance. :lol:

Just now, action said:

I think, the queen being a white alien is grossly offensive and reeks of white patriarchy.

The queen is cisgendered also. All the aliens need reeducating on diversity courses to overcome their (literal) toxicity and unconscious bias. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The queen is cisgendered also. All the aliens need reeducating on diversity courses to overcome their (literal) toxicity and unconscious bias. 

Surely you mean misgendered? Get with the program grandad. 😂

Who cares if society has changed slightly resulting in a warning on Aliens. It is just a warning to make sure they have something to fall back on if they get criticised. The movie is still there. It is not going anywhere. 

People are acting so outraged over something that has no practical implications, this isn't Taliban destroying Buddha statues, it is just warning stickers on art over again. It will pass. 

Maybe large companies will refrain from sending/producing/airing stuff that has now apparently become controversial, that will just open up a market for smaller companies who aren't so afraid. As I said before, it is already like this with lots of fringe art, so if it it comes to that we will cope. No problem. 

Boo-hoo, Netflix won't send Gone with the Wind, twitter changes its language, one episode of Fawlty Towers won't be aired through one broadcaster. Boo-hoo. No, this isn't the end of anything, it signals a miniscule shift in societal values leading to segmentation of a service provider industry that could provable benefit from some fragmentation anyways. 

• Like 1