"Cancel Culture" Opinions?

RussTCB

1 minute ago, action said:

a picture doesn't lie (unless photoshopped), whereas the books and manifests are fertile ground for lies or false promises

a fair amount of people remind me daily, how the bible is full of lies for example. But, alas, I haven't seen a single picture of god yet

Maybe pictures with words will prove helpful.

Theres a diversity of thought even among protestors.

It is convenient to focus on Black Lives Matter the movement despite the movement being instigated by a distinct group/chapter in America so that both movement and group were founded together synonymous, but regardless, by labeling it so it allows one to laden all of the crimes onto ''the group'' whilst keeping ''the movement'' blemish free. Truthfully, there is a lot of homogeneity across the movement that is distinctly worrying such as a propensity for anarchic violence and race baiting, a detestation of the west's history and mores, espousal of (reverse) Apartheid and an affiliation with radical leftism (Bolshevism, anti-Zionism etc). I have black people, knowledgeable people, on my twitter timeline who've labelled Black Lives Matter ''a plague'' incidentally, which makes the usual rebuttals (''racist'') all the more comical - it seems a lot of black people are repelled by Black Lives Matter. The movement is actually sustained and supported by the same white middle class woke brigade who suffer from both BDS and TDS and handcuff themselves in butchers' shops and participate in cancel culture - the same smug sanctimonious studenty leftism we have seen a lot of recently, and that has infected the media and corporations. Pull up a lot of photos of this Black Lives Matter and they're more white than a Kiss concert haha. 

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is convenient to focus on Black Lives Matter the movement despite the movement being instigated by a distinct group/chapter in America so that both movement and group were founded together synonymous, but regardless, by labeling it so it allows one to laden all of the crimes onto ''the group'' whilst keeping ''the movement'' blemish free. Truthfully, there is a lot of homogeneity across the movement that is distinctly worrying such as a propensity for anarchic violence and race baiting, a detestation of the west's history and mores, espousal of (reverse) Apartheid and an affiliation with radical leftism (Bolshevism, anti-Zionism etc). I have black people, knowledgeable people, on my twitter timeline who've labelled Black Lives Matter ''a plague'' incidentally, which makes the usual rebuttals (''racist'') all the more comical - it seems a lot of black people are repelled by Black Lives Matter. The movement is actually sustained and supported by the same white middle class woke brigade who suffer from both BDS and TDS and handcuff themselves in butchers' shops and participate in cancel culture - the same smug sanctimonious studenty leftism we have seen a lot of recently, and that has infected the media and corporations. Pull up a lot of photos of this Black Lives Matter and they're more white than a Kiss concert haha. 

they've caused enough damage and deaths to label them a criminal organisation. Doesn't matter if some of them are peacefull. movement and damage are directly linked. In law, if you belong to a factual assocation, and I believe we can label BLM as such, then any and each member is equally liable for the damage done in the name of the group.

https://fraternallaw.com/newsletter2/liability-of-members-of-unincorporated-associations

the group itself can not be held liable, but each and every member of the group can.

Just like you close a pub where drugs and violence are rife, you need to suspend this group too. I think, they made their point clear by now. Back to their work, I say.

Edited by action

19 minutes ago, Dazey said:

That’s the Scot Rail train then. They get cancelled all the time. Just ask @Graeme  

7 minutes ago, Graeme said:

They try to keep expectations as low as possible to compensate:

18738909_10155264294229882_1190749303394

ScotRail, tribute to gay pride. Only one thing is missing in this party... 

ce6ad0aa4dbdc52a2939e826ff172f59.jpg

• Haha 1

I've been keeping up on this thread every few days but haven't had a lot to add to the discourse. 

Last Friday, I brought the subject up while spinning records with friends. To my surprise, the general consensus was that when people make mistakes, they should be "cancelled". 

I made an attempt to argue for forgiveness and understanding in certain situations. I gave up eventually and let the others tire themselves out arguing lol. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

EgLiEeJXkAElth9?format=jpg&name=900x900

It wasnt long ago that you didnt even know what Gen Z was. And now here you are educating yourself about their communication habits! Good on you! I mean, this has nothing to do with cancel culture, but way to make the effort for Gen Z :headbang:

2 minutes ago, soon said:

It wasnt long ago that you didnt even know what Gen Z was. And now here you are educating yourself about their communication habits! Good on you! I mean, this has nothing to do with cancel culture, but way to make the effort for Gen Z :headbang:

But it is...wokery? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, soon said:

I still don't. Bunch of snowflakes, isn't it? 

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

An entire generation of people around the world - whom you profess to know nothing about - are probably "snowflakes" in your estimation?? :lol:

And its still got nothing to do with cancel culture... Unless you ant to cancel all the youngsters. Like a nazi, ironically :lol:

1 minute ago, soon said:

An entire generation of people around the world - whom you profess to know nothing about - are probably "snowflakes" in your estimation?? :lol:

And its still got nothing to do with cancel culture... Unless you ant to cancel all the youngsters. Like a nazi, ironically :lol:

Bunch of skinny jeaned texting Greta loving woofters. Not a man among you.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Bunch of skinny jeaned texting Greta loving woofters. Not a man among you.

It is unarguable that teenagers are not men. :lol:

Im a millennial. You seem to be erroneously using the term Gen Z to describe a type of person, not a generation/age group. 

Youre opposed to texting now?? :lol: Well, at least you wanting to cancel texting finally connects your posts to this thread!

What is it about texting that bothers you?

27 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Or...is a snowflake a person who has a problem with younger generations being a bit different, like having a different view on punctuation? And shouldn't you, who work with languages, have an appreciation of how languages evolve? 

58 minutes ago, soon said:

What is it about texting that bothers you?

He probably still uses one of those 80's cell phones and is pissed that he can't text with them,

1985 – Motorola DynaTAC "I don't think the very first mobile phone ...

(I shouldn't really joke though, I barely use a cell phone at all, I keep mine in my drawer and check for messages maybe once a week)

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, EvanG said:

He probably still uses one of those 80's cell phones and is pissed that he can't text with them,

1985 – Motorola DynaTAC "I don't think the very first mobile phone ...

(I shouldn't really joke though, I barely use a cell phone at all, I keep mine in my drawer and check for messages maybe once a week)

HAHA, I bet youre right! 

But in my world if someone texted back a week later, it would be worse than if they just ghosted. Texting back a week later is like taking the time to tell someone you hate them! At least give them an auto reply brb gif to stave off neurosis! :lol:

Just now, soon said:

HAHA, I bet youre right! 

But in my world if someone texted back a week later, it would be worse than if they just ghosted. Texting back a week later is like taking the time to tell someone you hate them! At least give them an auto reply brb gif to stave off neurosis! :lol:

I know, I hate it when people take ages to reply, but friends and family know about my phone aversion and that they should e-mail me if they want to get a response quickly. I do react to e-mail within a few hours most of the time. I'm not made for these times, I hate carrying a phone with me and people being able to reach me wherever I go, so I don't play along.

• Like 1

I fucking hate everything that has an "i-" in it's name, with a passion. the "i-" is token for everything wrong in this world.

they even have "i" tv's, or smart tv's now. Well, they don't seem smart to me, but utterly stupid. In two years time, you'll need to replace your television because the updates eat up all the memory. I'm still rocking a CRT television, and I watch VHS movies on it. that's what I call a pleasant viewing experience.