"Cancel Culture" Opinions?

RussTCB

1 minute ago, action said:

I fucking hate everything that has an "i-" in it's name, with a passion. the "i-" is token for everything wrong in this world.

they even have "i" tv's, or smart tv's now. Well, they don't seem smart to me, but utterly stupid. In two years time, you'll need to replace your television because the updates eat up all the memory. I'm still rocking a CRT television, and I watch VHS movies on it. that's what I call a pleasant viewing experience.

How were your days with the Unabomber?

• Haha 1

well, i'm not going to bomb people and places. that's just taking it one step too far.

I hope not! But I mean, your views on technology and what not, are probably somewhat similar, but I suppose that goes for a lot of people.

Edited by EvanG

5 minutes ago, action said:

I've just heard the most inappropriate joke today.

they called someone so fat, that if they jump in the sea, they put three countries under water

Herman Brusselmans? I saw the lady he said that about on TV last night talking about it... I didn't watch the entire interview, but needless to say, she was not amused.

Edit, just in... they fired him!

Edited by EvanG

5 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Herman Brusselmans? I saw the lady he said that about on TV last night talking about it... I didn't watch the entire interview, but needless to say, she was not amused.

Edit, just in... they fired him!

cancel culture in action

3 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I like Brusselmans and I usually don't mind offensive humour, but writing a column just to call someone out on their insecurities and insult them, I don't see the point.

his entire bibliografy is pointless, really. Always found him a sub-par writer. doesn't have a single interesting thing to say.

his entire bibliografy is pointless, really. Always found him a sub-par writer. doesn't have a single interesting thing to say.

He's quite popular here, but I have to admit that I have never read any of his books. He's hilarious in talkshows, though.

1 minute ago, EvanG said:

He's quite popular here, but I have to admit that I have never read any of his books. He's hilarious in talkshows, though.

he gets points for being a 60 year old bag, but having a 20 year something girlfriend. By trump's hair, I don't know how he did that.

25 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Fat people (and gingers) are the last people you're allowed to take the piss out of now. Blacks, Asians, gays, lezzas, dwarfs are all prohibited under pain of death but if you call someone a ''fat cunt'' it will still guarantee a laugh.

so imagine the fun when we're talking about fat gingers

Spoiler

Funny Axl Rose Meme | Memes, Funny, Humor

Edited by action
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Fat people (and gingers) are the last people you're allowed to take the piss out of now. Blacks, Asians, gays, lezzas, dwarfs are all prohibited under pain of death but if you call someone a ''fat cunt'' it will still guarantee a laugh.

You sure about that, cueball? :P

Also, right wingers, liberals and lesbians. Lesbians are thee punchline in my community lately. :lol:

3 minutes ago, soon said:

You sure about that, cueball? :P

Also, right wingers, liberals and lesbians. Lesbians are thee punchline in my community lately. :lol:

You want racists to lose their job and to be assigned to re-education camps. Would you do this for fat shamers and anti-gingerists? Double standard. One law for anti-chubs and anti-carrot-tops, another law for racists and homophobes. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You want racists to lose their job and to be assigned to re-education camps. Would you do this for fat shamers and anti-gingerists? Double standard. One law for anti-chubs and anti-carrot-tops, another law for racists and homophobes. 

Well... this is a baffling post :question::lol:

(this is soon, not Twitter, btw if that helps clear anything up)

Just now, soon said:

Well... this is a baffling post :question::lol:

(this is soon, not Twitter, btw if that helps clear anything up)

If somebody says something racist he'd be castigated and suspended/banned, yet I can go into the gnr place and call Rose a ''fat ginger waste of useless matter'' and some people would agree, and others wouldn't and call me a wanker, but nothing much would happen. 

My ultimate point: fat people and gingers are the only people that are open to piss-pulling. 

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

If somebody says something racist he'd be castigated and suspended/banned, yet I can go into the gnr place and call Rose a ''fat ginger waste of useless matter'' and some people would agree, and others wouldn't and call me a wanker, but nothing much would happen. 

You attributed those hypothetical notions to me though. Please dont attribute things to me that I didnt say.

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

My ultimate point: fat people and gingers are the only people that are open to piss-pulling. 

Yes, I know. And my point in response was to highlight that we can also make fun of you for being bald, along with mocking right wingers, liberals and lesbians. :lol: Classism is largely still permitted by much of society. As are many types/manifestations of racism(s) that haven't been unpacked for people in gentle spoon feedings over the course of years.

Anyways...

I'll give you an example of the type of 'dramatic lesbian' joke that is all the rage in my community,

"Dude, you've missed half the party - where have you been?"

"My girlfriends girlfriend came over unannounced and crying..."

*interrupts* 

"Say no more bro, lets get you a beer."

:lol:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, soon said:

You attributed those hypothetical notions to me though. Please dont attribute things to me that I didnt say.

Yes, I know. And my point in response was to highlight that we can also make fun of you for being bald, along with mocking right wingers, liberals and lesbians. :lol: Classism is largely still permitted by much of society. As are many types/manifestations of racism(s) that haven't been unpacked for people in gentle spoon feedings over the course of years.

Anyways...

I'll give you an example of the type of 'dramatic lesbian' joke that is all the rage in my community,

"Dude, you've missed half the party - where have you been?"

"My girlfriends girlfriend came over unannounced and crying..."

*interrupts* 

"Say no more bro, lets get you a beer."

:lol:

damn, just as it became interesting.

thanks for giving me blues balls

• Haha 1