"Cancel Culture" Opinions?

RussTCB

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

That is racism sorted out then,

wire-33518692-1600852564-817_634x489.jpg

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8763275/Mars-drops-Uncle-Bens-reveals-new-rice-brand.html

The latest episode of her guide on spotting things that are racist,

not predator!

the team has a black person, a native american, a dudebro american, a gay clone look character, a nerd, apollo creed and a vietcon chick. it couldn't possibly be more inclusive.

oh well, it was expected. woke pussies must feel insecure watching all those badass characters

1 hour ago, action said:

not predator!

the team has a black person, a native american, a dudebro american, a gay clone look character, a nerd, apollo creed and a vietcon chick. it couldn't possibly be more inclusive.

oh well, it was expected. woke pussies must feel insecure watching all those badass characters

Enforcing cisgendered and race-colonial methodologies of subconscious uniform thinking. Educate yourself. 

13 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Enforcing cisgendered and race-colonial methodologies of subconscious uniform thinking. Educate yourself. 

Why is Uncle Ben racist out of interest?  Not being funny, genuinely interested, was he meant to be a caricature of a ‘house negro’ or something?  

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Why is Uncle Ben racist out of interest?  Not being funny, genuinely interested, was he meant to be a caricature of a ‘house negro’ or something?  

From 1946-2020, Uncle Ben's products carried the image of an elderly African-American man dressed in a bow tie, which is said to have been based on a Chicago maître d'hôtel named Frank Brown. According to Mars, Uncle Ben was an African-American rice grower known for the quality of his rice. Gordon L. Harwell, an entrepreneur who had supplied rice to the armed forces in World War II, chose the name Uncle Ben's as a means to expand his marketing efforts to the general public.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben's_Original#cite_note-14 

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You are asking me why woke is woke? 

Well you don't have to agree with it to understand it, I figured you generally...know things (whatever that means :lol:).  If he's a rice grower whats wrong with him being on a packet of rice, I mean he's not a slave or anything, right?  Unless they look at it and see like...a caricature of a 'house negro' or something, which surely is a racist act in itself, isn't it, seeing a black bloke on a product, particularly an old one and immediately equating it with some sharecropper sitting on the porch of a shotgun house singing spirituals? 

How about Aunt Bessie, isn't that sort of a racial stereotype, namely that all northern women are homely looking middle-aged white birds in aprons with big bristols that make Yorkshire puddings? 

Edited by Len Cnut

2 minutes ago, action said:

there is no logic, only emotion. much like with the nazis

Not sure I'd go that far...just seems a bit like overcompensation to me.  Or rather, a firm going over and beyond logic cuz they don't want to lose money when a popular social movement turns its arrows towards them.  Its all very cynical really. 

6 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Not sure I'd go that far...just seems a bit like overcompensation to me.  Or rather, a firm going over and beyond logic cuz they don't want to lose money when a popular social movement turns its arrows towards them.  Its all very cynical really. 

come to mention it. companies these days don't have the luxury anymore, to keep quite on social matters. A modern company, when they want to make profit, needs to make stances on politics and social issues. Not because of genuine concern (they really don't care), but because negative attention on social media can quickly and massively make people turn their backs on the brand. These CEO's aren't stupid, they have seen it happening with other brands. So that's why you get far-fetched things like removing that picture of a black person: it "might" upset some kind of SJW, and who knows where that might snowball into.

It's got nothing to do with genuine concerns.

woke points are an economic commodity these days.

in the past it was "time is money", but now it is "woke points are money"

but it's a slippery slope, as many a company has gone broke for being too woke.

it is therefore a time of great uncertainty and these companies are rightfully becoming a bit nervous.

A cornered cat makes funny leaps.

15 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

That's probably exactly what it is. Companies are cynical be nature, they are all about profits. "Not losing money" is exactly what a company is about.

Edited by SoulMonster

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Nothing gay about the Nazis. Have you not seen the documentary, Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS?

those shiny black boots though. straight from the blue oyster club.

I've got a comprehensive picture book encompassing the history of the nazis, the book by hitler's secretary and "mein kampf". Pretty essential stuff for anyone wanting to discuss the nazis in an intelligent way.

16 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Nothing gay about the Nazis. Have you not seen the documentary, Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS?

I have :lol:   Never has a film come so close to ruining the orgasm for me!

1 hour ago, action said:

elvis is being attacked by the peaceful protesters of black lives matter

https://www.telegraaf.nl/entertainment/2083540572/landgoed-elvis-presley-besmeurd-met-black-lives-matter-leuzen

See, they've just crossed the line now :lol:  There is literally no fuckin' evidence whatsoever of Elvis being a racist aside from one aprocyphal story where he said 'the only thing a black man can do for me is shine my shoes', a story with no time, no date, no witness, no claimant reporting it, just something floating out there in the ether.

Meanwhile, back on planet earth, Elvis came from like the fuckin' poorest of the poor, literally grew up in a shotgun house, a proper rat soup eating motherfucker that actually popularised black music in a racist world.  Yes, thats white privelige but that don't mean to say the white guy doing it is a racist, remember Elvis got fuckin' hammered back in the day for playing 'evil n!gger music', for all the riches it got him, in his time and his place, it got him a shitload of flak too.  The way I see it Elvis was damn near colour-blind.  I can't see any evidence for this claim whatsoever, none, zero, other than he played black music, well isn't that every-fuckin'-body, lets go for Mick then, lets for Eminem, lets go for everyone that ever played a Chuck Berry riff, lets go for any bluesman that ain't black.  A whiteboy singing black music in the early 50s was not a fuckin' safe occupation and he was doing it before he was famous.  And also, he bought something to it, rockabilly isn't just the rhythm and blues, it melded it with whiteboy country and bluegrass and made something else of it, something kinda different.  Elvis never made one racist comment thats on record that I ever heard of and I'm a massive Elvis fan.  Elvis was a friend of Muhammad Ali, a fuckin' black nationalist, he was a friend of Sammy D, I know, I know, having black friends doesn't disqualify one from being a racist but its at least an indicator that he wasn't a fuckin' David Duke level motherfucker.  The Sweet Inspirations who sang with him was a group of black birds.  If you ask me he done black music a MASSIVE service because if he hadn't've popularized it would you have a Beatles, a Rolling Stones, an all these groups who then championed it which then led to everybody following the lineage all the way back to where people have now heard of your Mississppi John Hurts and your Robert Johnsons and Son Houses etc?  They were on their way to being forgotten, a bunch of old Alan Lomax recordings in a museum that no one gave a shit about. 

Musically, black people are the worlds greatest modernists.  Its part of what keeps them at the cutting edge of music all the time, its always new, its always todays sounds but a by product of that is that there is sort of a disrespect for the past there, a subtle disrespect.  Whereas whiteboys always seem to be 20 years behind by and large and so they're kinda like the musical historians by default :lol: 

Having said that you could easily claim that that shit has nothing to do with any feelings about Elvis, they've just graphitied on a graphitti wall.

Edited by Len Cnut