"Cancel Culture" Opinions?

RussTCB

The ultimate example currently of left-wing cancel culture being of course the SNP's 'Hate Crime and Public Order Bill', which can criminalise conversations around your own dinner-table! It also can also prosecute possession of ''certain'' literature - basically it can criminalise you based on your own library!

I know Third Reich analogies are thrown around the internet too frequently, but....

Further information: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/hate-crime-bill-hate-talk-in-homes-must-be-prosecuted-6bcthrjdc

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

The ultimate example currently of left-wing cancel culture being of course the SNP's 'Hate Crime and Public Order Bill', which can criminalise conversations around your own dinner-table! It also can also prosecute possession of ''certain'' literature - basically it can criminalise you based on your own library!

I know Third Reich analogies are thrown around the internet too frequently, but....

Further information: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/hate-crime-bill-hate-talk-in-homes-must-be-prosecuted-6bcthrjdc

I'm not getting rid of my copy of "mein kampf" though. seeing how the Hitler comparison pops everywhere in the current social debate, I find it essential reading.

25 minutes ago, action said:

I'm not getting rid of my copy of "mein kampf" though. seeing how the Hitler comparison pops everywhere in the current social debate, I find it essential reading.

The Scottish stasi might confiscate the old, stuck-together, ''nuddy book'', hidden under the bed, for reasons of misogyny. @Dazey's Viz collection surely would be vulnerable?

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

The Scottish stasi might confiscate the old, stuck-together, ''nuddy book'', hidden under the bed, for reasons of misogyny. @Dazey's Viz collection surely would be vulnerable?

it's certainly "entartete kunst"

the scots need to return to a more "fölkisher" culture, a return to nature. I'm sure this will involve a lot of sheep.

1 minute ago, action said:

it's certainly "entartete kunst"

the scots need to return to a more "fölkisher" culture, a return to nature. I'm sure this will involve a lot of sheep.

Scots don't cavort the sheep's bumholes like your Welshman. Sheep for the Scotsman are for disassembling and then reassembling into one of the most disgusting edibles ever conceived globally: haggis (I do like haggis actually but it is undeniably disgusting in its barbaric conception). 

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Scots don't cavort the sheep's bumholes like your Welshman. Sheep for the Scotsman are for disassembling and then reassembling into one of the most disgusting edibles ever conceived globally: haggis (I do like haggis actually but it is undeniably disgusting in its barbaric conception). 

we belgians have blood sausage and sheep brains. A real delicacy. I ate a ton of the stuff in chidlhood, brains I mean. I attribute a lot of my present intellect to that habit. 

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

What!? Your own house is NOT a safe haven from laws?!?

12 minutes ago, soon said:

You cant hurl abuse at your own kids, in your own house in Scotland?!?! Well now Ive heard it all! :jerkoff:

You are the only two people I have come across who are actually defending this law, besides the idiots drafting it! I've even seen SNP voters utterly opposing it!

5 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I am not defending anything. I am commenting on the notion that somehow it makes a difference whether you are at house or not. It should have been clear from my post. But that requires that you can actually understand.

You support the encroachment of state on what is being discussed in your house, and what books that house owns?

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

You support the encroachment of state on what is being discussed in your house, and what books that house owns?

No :D I am saying that IF something is illegal to do, it should be illegal everywhere, including your own home. Your stupid original post made it seem like your home should be some free haven from laws.

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

No :D I am saying that IF something is illegal to do, it should be illegal everywhere, including your own home. Your stupid original post made it seem like your home should be some free haven from laws.

The situation you describe would only work if there was a preexisting law which was being subsequently extended to the domicile. 

NB.,  The Scottish Police Federation even said that the bill would force officers to "police what people think or feel'', devastating ''the legitimacy of the police in the eyes of the public". Even the police are opposed haha!

But Soul, dazey and soon like the officious fist up the jacksie, so what more can you say to people who cannot comprehend how threatening something like this is?

36 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You are the only two people I have come across who are actually defending this law, besides the idiots drafting it! I've even seen SNP voters utterly opposing it!

Im just going off what you posted.

Its silly how youd expect me to closely follow Scottish lawmaking. Yet, you wouldnt expect yourself to know much about Canadian lawmaking.

My comment, based on your post, is completely reasonable.

1 minute ago, soon said:

Im just going off what you posted.

Its silly how youd expect me to closely follow Scottish lawmaking. Yet, you wouldnt expect yourself to know much about Canadian lawmaking.

My comment, based on your post, is completely reasonable.

Isn't Canada just the USA only with the Queen in charge?

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Isn't Canada just the USA only with the Queen in charge?

.... Says the worlds biggest Neil Young fan..... Well, let me tell ya even more,

We have sexy figure skaters like Tessa Virtue. And we have sexy curlers like Rachael Homan. So the yanks can suck on that!

And, since we are speaking of Canadian lawmaking. Im holding a piece of high tech hash that is 80% thc.

Also, we have Anne of Green Gables, coffee crisps, ketchup chips, poutine, naniamo bars, lobster rolls, year round denim jacket wearing and the better side of Niagara Falls (which we use to create electricity) :headbang:

Also, oral hygiene :P

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, soon said:

Also, we have Anne of Green Gables, coffee crisps, ketchup chips, poutine, naniamo bars, lobster rolls, year round denim jacket wearing and the better side of Niagara Falls (which we use to create electricity) :headbang:

"I shall not eat what a dog doesn't want", said the farmer. And he drank a glass of sour milk

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

This would offend my mom a lot. They used to call her American when she moved back here, and that pissed her off immensely.

Yes. That offends them, doesn't it? To me the two accents are the same.

1 hour ago, soon said:

Says the worlds biggest Neil Young fan..

He is suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome I'm afraid. A lost cause.