Jump to content

"Cancel Culture" Opinions?


Recommended Posts

Just now, soon said:

Something has to not be released to fall victim of cancel culture?

Rowlings tweet that you keep crying over was released? So I guess youll have to self-soothe about that now, having stated this definition of cancel culture.

SOLO was awesome, y'all just couldnt see it through your tears. Er, excuse me your man-tears :lol:

That is the film with some guy pretending to be Han Solo? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought I'd start a thread on Cancel Culture to gather some opinions.  Personally, I cannot stand it. It seems nearly every day, someone, some company or some product is "cancelled" because they

I got a chance to read up on the thread and there were a lot of great posts.  My overall worry about cancel culture is that it seems we're quickly moving towards a point where no one can speak th

Thanks 🤣    Trying to cancel or erase cinema (the most collaborative art form there is) because someone problematic worked on it is just fucking stupid. It’s book burning level stupid. I r

Posted Images

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

That is the film with some guy pretending to be Han Solo? 

All films with a character named Han Solo featured a guy pretending to be Han Solo. :lol:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, soon said:

Something has to not be released to fall victim of cancel culture?

Rowlings tweet that you keep crying over was released? So I guess youll have to self-soothe about that now, having stated this definition of cancel culture.

SOLO was awesome, y'all just couldnt see it through your tears. Er, excuse me your man-tears :lol:

Solo sucked balls.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, soon said:

All films with a character named Han Solo featured a guy pretending to be Han Solo. :lol:

Darth Maul also turns up, despite being certifiably brown bread for thirty years. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Swampfox said:

Solo sucked balls.

So, what you're saying is that if you dont like something, you are well within your rights to ignore it and speak out against?

Thank you very much, sir.

Close thread.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Worried about how it'll shape and stifle the future of art? Sure, I mean, as a civilization and species we are probably doomed lol - or we aren't and things will work out eventually.

Religion is a root cause for what you're talking about imo. Deeply imbeding the elevation of irrational religious nonsense to the same or greater importance than wisdom, facts and reality and also shielding it from critical thinking so it can continue to cling to life like a parasite has set a massively damaging possibly irreversible psychological impact and precedent throughout all facets of society from art to politics. You don't have to be right you just have to feel right. Many people don't understand critical thinking. They don't understand that everyone is entitled to an opinion but no one is entitled to a good/valid opinion, that must be earned.

 

LOL, religion has little to nothing to do with it. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DieselDaisy said:

Darth Maul also turns up, despite being certifiably brown bread for thirty years. 

You dont know star wars very well do you?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DieselDaisy said:

I know it well enough that I last saw that character in two pieces falling down a chute. 

EVERYONE who's fallen down a shoot in Star Wars comes back.

Did you know that Mace Windu is making his "Back form that fall into a pit" return as well!

 

(Also, you need to watch Clone Wars)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, soon said:

EVERYONE who's fallen down a shoot in Star Wars comes back.

Did you know that Mace Windu is making his "Back form that fall into a pit" return as well!

 

(Also, you need to watch Clone Wars)

I'd rather watch the entirety of Geordie Shore.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, soon said:

Trump and MAGAs are the epicentre of cancel culture. They want to cancel immigration from "Shit hole Countries." And they already canceled thinking and facts.

There's a reason Trumpers are referred to as the silent majority.  Don't try to flip the script.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'd rather watch the entirety of Geordie Shore.

No idea what this is.

Just now, Swampfox said:

There's a reason Trumpers are referred to as the silent majority.  Don't try to flip the script.

No idea what this is. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, soon said:

No idea what this is.

No idea what this is. 

It's not that hard to understand.  Trump supporters have felt cancel culture more than anyone.  Try walking around with a MAGA hat on for one day.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, soon said:

No idea what this is.

No idea what this is. 

It is much like Star Wars actually. Very like it. In both we see orange skinned aliens speaking in unintelligible gibberish whilst attempting to mate. The Mos Eisley cantina scene is basically The Bigg Market on a Friday evening.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

It's not that hard to understand.  Trump supporters have felt cancel culture more than anyone.  Try walking around with a MAGA hat on for one day.

It's because you want to cancel people in the following manner:

- Lock her up

- Cancel asylum seekers

- Cancel democratic customs and norms

- Cancel accountability for sexual assault (Grab em by the pussy)

- "Fake News"

- Cancelling a reporters press credentials to the white house (lost hard on that one! :lol:)

- Etc, listing what all reasonable people already know is a waste of time.

Please dont hesitate to let me know what parts of this you are struggling to understand. Thanks, Swampbutt.

 

 

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is much like Star Wars actually. Very like it. In both we see orange skinned aliens speaking in unintelligible gibberish whilst attempting to mate. The Mos Eisley cantina scene is basically The Bigg Market on a Friday evening.

Oh, Jersey Shore! 

I was just thinking - Didn't Luke's Light Sabre even come back after a fall into a chute? :lol: Or am I remembering that wrong?

Edited by soon
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, soon said:

It's because you want to cancel people in the following manner:

- Lock her up

- Cancel asylum seekers

- Cancel democratic customs and norms

- Cancel accountability for sexual assault (Grab em by the pussy)

- "Fake News"

- Cancelling a reporters press credentials to the white house (lost hard on that one! :lol:)

- Etc, listing what all reasonable people already know is a waste of time.

Please dont hesitate to let me know what parts of this you are struggling to understand. Thanks, Swampbutt.

 

 

Oh, Jersey Shore! 

I was just thinking - Didn't Luke's Light Sabre even come back after a fall into a chute? :lol: Or am I remembering that wrong?

No. I stated Geordie Shore. 

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Well, when you put it that way! :lol:

It's true. I can't remember any  "cancel campaign" in the last 10 years that was done in the name of religion. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, soon said:

It's because you want to cancel people in the fowling manner:

- Lock her up

- Cancel asylum seekers

- Cancel democratic customs and norms

- Cancel accountability for sexual assault (Grab em by the pussy)

- "Fake News"

- Cancelling a reporters press credentials to the white house (lost hard on that one! :lol:)

- Etc, listing what all reasonable people already know is a waste of time.

Please dont hesitate to let me know what parts of this you are struggling to understand. Thanks, Swampbutt.

 

 

Clinton should be in prison for her crimes, asylum seekers should claim asylum in the first country they enter, new normal sucks, locker room talk, CNN is fake news, that reporter is a fraud, calling me names is really cool and funny.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

It's true. I can't remember any  "cancel campaign" in the last 10 years that was done in the name of religion. 

Did you read what I said? Did you watch that video?

I've already justified what I said. If you disagree, okay, but I find that baffling.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Did you read what I said? Did you watch that video?

I've already justified what I said. If you disagree, okay, but I find that baffling.

Yes, I read what you said. I'm in a loud environment, so I didn't watch the video. 

The gist of what you said is "religion doesn't allow free thinking". You're welcome to your opinion on that, but it doesn't change the fact that I can't think of anything in the past 10 years that has been "cancelled" in the name of religion.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If one thinks twice about speaking their mind because it might harm others, I salute them. Step two would seem to be getting better thoughts. I'm confused about the part about being angry at others because of ones own personal growth.

Edited by soon
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, soon said:

If one thinks twice about speaking their mind because it might harm others, I salute them. Step two would seem to be getting better thoughts. I'm confused about the part of being angry at others because of ones own personal growth.

Thinking twice about what you're thinking is one thing. Of course that's a great way to go about life or at least IMO it is. 

Having to constantly monitor every single thing that crosses your mind because someone somewhere might be offended by it or just claim they're offended by it are two totally different things. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Thinking twice about what you're thinking is one thing. Of course that's a great way to go about life or at least IMO it is. 

Having to constantly monitor every single thing that crosses your mind because someone somewhere might be offended by it or just claim they're offended by it are two totally different things. 

That is, by description, self imposed. No?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...