"Cancel Culture" Opinions?

RussTCB

10 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

I never said you can't have an opinion on Kanye West.

All I'm saying is that it's incredibly dim/hypocritical to condemn him for that while also endorsing people who do far worse.

Just a reminder you spend a tremendous amount of time on a Guns N' Roses fan forum, with a specific focus on a band that has some serious skeletons in its closet. 

Should we expect you to condemn the sins of Axl, Slash, and others every time you wish to criticize others?  

2 hours ago, Rovim said:

no one knows what is correct when it comes to religion. If I want to worship satan for example, I should be allowed to do so. Live and let live no? cause it's not very effective to tell people their chosen religion is shit and filled with pedos, even if that's true. It's just an outlet for your anger it seems and I don't think it gives you what you seem to want which is accountibility from their part. You're not going to get it, it's just a loop of condeming people who have no real connection to the evil shit you're talking about, I think. 

you label them enablers because they're catholics, I get that but not everyone can cut all ties to what they believe in because to you that religion is stained and doesn't worth anything. It doesn't work that way, if it did, the world would be a very different place. Also it's not like they can switch belief systems every other day. What if this shit is the only thing they can believe in or at least for the time being? 

in politics, people are misled by the state

in science, people are misled by pharma companies,

in religion, people are misled by the church

"belief" in something, has nothing to do with the institution of the church. and yes, the church is full of pedophiles. Catholics are afraid of calling a cat a cat, because they falsely think they are criticising their beliefs too. they don't; they criticise the peophiles.

belief is good, the church is not.

Sadly, most people need guidance in their beliefs, therefore they need the church. It's a pity. Belief happens in your own head, you don't need no church to help you with that.

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

This stuff does frustrate me and piss me off. But what I'm actually saying is quite mild and reasonable. Realistically I have never, ever, said "Your religion is shit, quit praying etc!" :lol: I'm serious about freedom of religion, peoples rights etc. I'm not demanding they cut all ties and I've never said "None of this shit(Catholicism) is worth anything."

"No one knows what is correct when it comes to religion" can you explain what you mean by this?

You're right mate, I'll probably never get what I want. I'll never get to see the vatican ended. And this a great shame. Not because it's about what I want; Because principles and morals are supposed to matter and unfortunately we are talking about tangible human evil that is impacting real innocents in the real world.

I just think that different and good people believe in many different religions with fucked up history so when a person condemns Kanye for the hateful shit he says while on his manic tour it's not hypocritical to me just because Catholicism and the vatican are fucked up in many ways and this person happens to be Catholic.

there's a difference between having principals and being against the shit some organizations get away with and specifically calling out a person for merely stating that Kanye is fucked in the head or whatever and it's time for him to have a strong cup of tea and retire.

pretty sure @Gracii Guns didn't molest anyone to put it bluntly and it is my opinion that it's totally valid for her to express her negative thoughts about the shit Kanye pulled recently.

you said that Gnosticism is correct and so are you or whatever, maybe it was in jest, not sure, but if it wasn't, I think no one knows which religion reflects god's will if you believe he exists.

• Like 1

I am pleased to read that many people on here understand the concepts of gnosticism, even if they don't realise they do

if you "seek" answers, then in essence you're practising gnosticism.

such is the power of everyone of us; to reach deep within ourselves and understand the true nature of the divine spark that lurks within everyone of us

it means, that the combined forces of evil (represented in the church, in science and in politics), can not completely destroy this potential.

Calling out Kanye is fine, it's right to do so. Doing so while endorsing the vatican has a lot of irony and is indeed hypocritical. Merely my opinion though, at no point have I ever tried to pretend I'm some perfect paragon with all the answers. I'm the arbiter of fuckall.

But calling out Kanye West and being a Catholic has got fuck all to do with each other. What you are basically doing is arguing that Gracii is somehow disqualified for ever expressing criticism against something because you have decided that the sins of her Fathers are somehow her fault. That she shares some blame for what the Catholic Church has done. And the irony is that in the very next sentence you admit to not being perfect either, so by following your logic that only those without sin can criticize anyone, who the fuck are you to criticize Gracii?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

No. Wrong. That's not why. So there goes that ridiculous theory.

Calling out Kanye West for being anti-semetic and backing a pro-Nazi organization has fuck all to do with each other? I disagree and I expressed that in a passing comment.

I never said only those without sin can criticize things lol. Swing and a miss.

Easy tiger. Who the fuck are you to say who the fuck are you, to me? Fucking nobody, that's who. Calm down with the laughably ironic white-knighting oh brave Captain Anti-Religion; I didn't criticize Gracii I criticized her views/opinions.

Claiming she has hurt your feelings, is criticizing her. Calling her out for criticizing Kanye West, is criticizing her.

And the Catholic Church is a pro-Nazi organization? :lol:

the pope definitely "ok'd" the nazis during hitler's reign, when millions of jews were murdered.

the church, of all institutions. the protectors of good morals and jesus' teachings.

and that goes on top of the inquisition and the countless of burning staples, the destruction of indiginous south american culture, and so on. and a haven for pedophiles, but that was already mentioned.

I have not a good word to say about the church, and frankly, I'm surprised they still have so many followers.

Edited by action

Just merely mentioning that she and the others hurt my feelings...is an over the line criticism of Gracii? Amazing. You're such an insufferable little creep. I bet your poor father-in-law is a fucking saint lol.

Me saying it's dim af to criticize Kanye's anti-semetic remarks while backing an organization who protected Nazis; is saying it's dim af to criticize Kanye's anti-semetic remarks while backing an organization who protected the Nazis.

Only if the Catholic Church was antisemitic today or if Gracii approved of the Catholic Church's support of Nazi actions 70 years ago, would it be somewhat precise to criticize her for being hypocritical when calling out Kanye West's antisemitic remarks. But as far as I am concerned, neither is the case, and what you are basically doing is trying to shut down her thoughts on Kanye West because she happens to belong to an organization that did something bad a couple of generations ago. It is about as unfair as it is stupid. And pretty hypocritical in itself when you in the very next instance go on about how you yourself isn't perfect.

And yes, I am very much against all theistic religion, as you alluded to in your previous post, but I have always separated religion from religious people and they deserve as much as everyone else to be treated fairly and not be targeted by unfair and absurd criticism.

Let's get back on track.  One poster asked if Kanye has been cancelled and it's turned into a nonsensical argument over whether that poster has the standing to do so because of her views on other matters.  It's a ludicrous assumption to make, especially one on a Guns N' Roses fan forum.

Let's move on.  

For what do we need to support sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic etc. biggots anyway in 2022. The world can do just fine without. My right not to spend money supporting fuckers like that and share my views about it too if I feel like it.

As for completely "cancelling" someone for their opinions though, I don't like the idea in principle. Can't really feel for the "victims", so far it's been mostly shutting up people trying to infect others with their ridiculous hate.

Is there really any decent person claiming to be a victim of "cancel culture"?