A Spiteful Forum....why does it exist.

DurhamGirl

I have come across a GnR forum that is both childish and cruel towards Axl in particular.  Does anybody know why it exists as it certainly not run or used by admirers of the group, what is the point unless they just want to spew out their hatred of themselves and direct it elsewhere, yes thats probably it, so one must feel sorry tor them and their futile lives.  Maybe they will find something else to do with their  empty existance.  They seem to have an obsession with fat so maybe this is something they are all trying to control, poor things, i can only imagine the turmoil they are in to waste time being cruel and infantile.  Anyway wont be going there again, there is enough hatred in the world.  

Edited by DurhamGirl
  • Like 4

Please forgive my ignorance, I dont know what a Firyn is (other than a character in World of Warcraft)?

I dont know about all the other forums stuff. But I too have glanced at a few other forums in the last year and found them very toxic and bewildering.

Not on a forum exactly, but that dude making those youtube videos with the funny voices, mocking Axl, seems to dislike Axl for not being a MAGA.

EDIT: thread title changed so it no longer says 'Firyn' so my question looks odd :lol::lol:

Edited by soon

21 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

what is the point unless they just want to spew out their hatred of themselves and direct it elsewhere, yes thats probably it, so one must feel sorry tor them and their futile lives.  Maybe they will find something else to do with their empty existance.  

oh dear, now you have deeply offended some users from here, too 😂

but anyways, don't bother about that place, it is what it is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EricA said:

oh dear, now you have deeply offended some users from here, too 😂

but anyways, don't bother about that place, it is what it is.

I really dont care about offending anyone on that forum and why would somebody from here want want to go there...

I personally get a big kick out of the-forum-that-shall-remain-unnamed. It's just locker room banter mostly. Do they go a bit far sometimes? Maybe, but you've got to have some fun being a GNR fan, and Axl sure as shit ain't providing any these days.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

We will agree to disagree and calling someone a 'fat cunt' is ok for some and threads like 'would you pay to watch axl and beta have sex' is really funny...could be a male thing:blink:

I think you hit the nail on the head.

I don't think I've come across a single female fan on that site. That's just how guys talk to eachother.

Most of the guys I know that post there are legit fans, but extremely disillusioned by the years of no new music and they vent their frustrations with locker room talk.

99% of the shitposting would disappear overnight if Guns operated like a normal band and actually gave us something worthwhile to discuss once in a while.

2 hours ago, Towelie said:

I think you hit the nail on the head.

I don't think I've come across a single female fan on that site. That's just how guys talk to eachother.

Reminds me of people excusing Trumps' 'grab them by the pussy' as "just ways men talk" and "locker room talk".

I don't talk like that to my friends. I might have when I was 12.

• Like 1

It could be a combination of several things, with frustration undoubtedly being one of them. However, I wouldn’t take it this "personally", meaning the roots of this spite and wrath might not be stemming from GNR in its real essence – it may (I’d even say "must") come from unsolved personal issues in life. Whether it was something bad in childhood, some sort of frustration or deprivation in current life, a feeling of injustice, inadequateness, or just miserable life in general, plus any combination thereof. 
We might as well ask the same question regarding Wanker and the likes – why they do what they do. The same thing, in its principle, I’d say. 
So if it wasn’t for GNR, these people would probably be doing the same things, only with a different band. God knows Guns don’t help this, with their history of new releases, Axl’s subpar performances, and mainly their shitty so-called management with its manners...

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1