Phil Collins is in the air tonight...

DurhamGirl

Beause Phil Collins does not block his youtube songs a twenty year old song 'Something In The Air Tonight' has gone to number 2 in iTunes.  This was due to someone doing a first time heard thing on youtube and it went viral.   Lesson here Guns.  Watch Rick Beato's latest video.

14 minutes ago, Rovim said:

and they have no idea who Rick Beato is. Or Phil Collins. Or what is "itunes".

To be fair I have no idea who Rick Beato is.  Come to that I'm hardly equipped to write a detailed biography of Phil Collins either.  Slaphead drummer for Genesis, thats about the length of it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

To be fair I have no idea who Rick Beato is.  Come to that I'm hardly equipped to write a detailed biography of Phil Collins either.  Slaphead drummer for Genesis, thats about the length of it.

nothing more needs to be said about Phil Collins. Rick Beato is a very popular douche on youtube. "Slaphead" is a good name for a gimp.

Edited by Rovim

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Had a shitload of success in the 80s as a solo artist. The rumour about him divorcing his wife via fax still gets mentioned in the press.

Well I thought it was interesting and still do.  I am no fan of Phil Collins except the early days of Genesis, it was an example of what I was trying to say about blocking music on youtube which seems to be a particular problem for some people here and this seemed to be relevant.  Beto is a muic teacher(some people on here  know who he is) who gave a testimony on some kind of senate a couple of weeks to give his view on blocking.  Thats all.  I made a new thread because nothing much is going on and this could have got some conversation going with some on here.  So if this means nothing to you just pass on by and find something interesting for yourselves :heart:

Edited by DurhamGirl
  • Like 1

Reminds me of when I was teaching guitar to refugee kids. The songs theyd want to learn would always impress me and Id have to ask where they heard it? "The Voice" was the most common response, or another similar show. Im talking In the Air Tonight, Cyndi Laupers True Colours. Or the request for "Brian May" I asked how they knew him, "Adam Lambert" they replied. Too cool! 

On topic. I mean the bass drop is fucking epic. It makes it road trip worthy even though it starts so slow and soft. Cool to see it getting a second wind!

• Like 1