New Sixx A.M. music...... with Slash.

Just now, soon said:

I thought Sixx AM folded? So, this new release has Ashba too?

They were on Hiatus after 2016. They actually dropped a new track in January: 

Then Corona happened... so im sure that fucked up their plans, or they went back to the drawing board. I'm assuming Ashba is still on board given the name is an amalgamation of all of their names.

Most of the artists that look to be featured are on the same label: Better Noise. I know for a fact AWOLNATION is, but so is Five Finger Death Punch and Bad Wolves. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

***Feel free to move this to the proper discussion, I just find it fucking hilarious the guy who replaced the other guy is now making music with that same guy  and hasn't made music with the band BOTH of them were in 

117913218_3171161366265686_7734183817742

I know it is kind of weird and funny. That also seems like a strange cast of people, but in this boring time, I am fine with people making any music. Everyone is so bored right now.

I also understand why a band would not want to put any music and just wait since almost all bands make their money on the road. With that being said, I will still check this out.

17 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Man Nikki must have some great genes, all the things he's put his body through and he still looks great. I think he's like 62.

starting to look a little Cpt. Jack Sparrow though

also that song is painful, I hate being negative... but fuck! it’s crazy how you can just lose it as a songwriter... where the f does it go! Maybe the video makes it worse than it actually is... DJ just kind of hitting his thigh with his guitar and floating around. MADTV circa 2003 production values.

Edited by Ant
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ant said:

starting to look a little Cpt. Jack Sparrow though

also that song is painful, I hate being negative... but fuck! it’s crazy how you can just lose it as a songwriter... where the f does it go! Maybe the video makes it worse than it actually is... DJ just kind of hitting his thigh with his guitar and floating around. MADTV circa 2003 production values.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying. I think Nikki uses this band as a way to just let the continuous ideas flow, and some (most) of them might not be that great. It does have a pretty memorable chorus for rock radio, very Shinedown-esque, but again its nothing we haven't heard before. The video is.... well yeah you said it yourself :lol:

Not like Vince can sing this kinda stuff anymore... Would love to have heard a Motley take on this, or at least a Mars/Lee/Sixx take on this.. but who knows what they are even doing anymore. They are retiring, they aren't retiring... Its hard to keep up when you don't care :P

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Is this an album or just a single?

Im thinking an EP. they didn’t announce anything with this poster. It was literally this. im not so sure the marketing team over at Better Noise know what exactly they are doing

EDIT: or it is a “We Are The World-esque” single with everyone on the Better Noise artist lineup and a few friends:lol:

Edited by KeyserSoze

14 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

***Feel free to move this to the proper discussion, I just find it fucking hilarious the guy who replaced the other guy is now making music with that same guy  and hasn't made music with the band BOTH of them were in 

117913218_3171161366265686_7734183817742

#maybe its shit.

God help the crue if they release any new music if it sounds generic and boring like this.

Edited by Sydney Fan

9 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

He's better than the old one.

It's official... DJ Ashba has left Sixx A.M to rejoin GNR, replacing Slash who replaced him in Sixx A.M.

I for one welcome our new top hatted overlords.

In other news Sixx A.M are dog shit in my humble opinion, such bland music.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

They were on Hiatus after 2016. They actually dropped a new track in January: 

Then Corona happened... so im sure that fucked up their plans, or they went back to the drawing board. I'm assuming Ashba is still on board given the name is an amalgamation of all of their names.

Most of the artists that look to be featured are on the same label: Better Noise. I know for a fact AWOLNATION is, but so is Five Finger Death Punch and Bad Wolves. 

If that's the best they have to serve as the opening single then that says it all.

Also, what happened to riffs? Why just bland power chords on new rock music?

• Like 1