New Sixx A.M. music...... with Slash.

36 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I honestly think that above song is even more trash than DJ's new "EDM" song. That one at least made me laugh at its stupidity. This is just dreary and utter shit

The EDM part of that song was actually kind of fun, it just went downhill when DJ started playing.

I'm all for bands and musicians trying different things, but the song DJ released under the "ASHBA" moniker really shows what he does; just adopts whatever style he thinks will get him the most attention: that shred album he released in the 1990s, mid-2000s bro hard rock with Sixx A.M., attempting to play GN'R material to cash in on nostalgia, or dance music. It does not seem like he particularly identifies with any of them (I would imagine his "truest" style would be closest to Motley Crue). 

Edited by themadcaplaughs

43 minutes ago, themadcaplaughs said:

I'm all for bands and musicians trying different things, but the song DJ released under the "ASHBA" moniker really shows what he does; just adopts whatever style he thinks will get him the most attention: that shred album he released in the 1990s, mid-2000s bro hard rock with Sixx A.M., attempting to play GN'R material to cash in on nostalgia, or dance music. It does not seem like he particularly identifies with any of them (I would imagine his "truest" style would be closest to Motley Crue). 

Yup, the EDM song is hilarious. It is outdated and gimicky and devoid of any creativity 

11 hours ago, Dean said:

Isn't Slash really tight with Nikki? 

I've never listened to any of their stuff, I was never the biggest fan of Motley or Ashba so never really struck me as the type of music I'd enjoy!

He is!

According to Nikki, during a convo they had, the Nightrain chorus riff inspired Kickstart My Heart.

the more you know...

Edited by Ant

7 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Yup, the EDM song is hilarious. It is outdated and gimicky and devoid of any creativity 

5 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

The video for his EDM song is one of the best parodies I've seen of the genre, but it's entirely sincere. 

The girls in the video were hot though. That's the only thing that got me through the rest of the video haha.

In the interest of fairness I listened to this - very, very poor obviously. 

Then I listened to that Ashba 'Hypnotic' song I had no idea existed until people mentioned above. Absolutely one of the worst things I've heard in years. The only thing worse than it is the ABYSMAL video that seems to be aimed exclusively at the ultimate moron. 

Dreadful stuff. I hope to never hear it again. Which I'm sure I won't. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

In the interest of fairness I listened to this - very, very poor obviously. 

Then I listened to that Ashba 'Hypnotic' song I had no idea existed until people mentioned above. Absolutely one of the worst things I've heard in years. The only thing worse than it is the ABYSMAL video that seems to be aimed exclusively at the ultimate moron. 

Dreadful stuff. I hope to never hear it again. Which I'm sure I won't. 

Didn't you like the lyrical genuis of "get drunk, have some fun"

Has anyone read the video description?

World-renowned producer, songwriter and multiplatinum recording artist, ASHBA introduces his unique version of EDM to the world with his debut single. As one of the rock industry’s most technically brilliant guitarists, ASHBA is the first artist to combine multiple genres with EDM into one unique, explosive sound.

• Haha 2

I liked The Heroin Diary or whatever its called...

They are a nice simple rock band. I dont hate DJ at all, just like him out of GnR. I like his “solo” songs (mi amor, ballad of death and bella vita)

I think we punish the guy cause he replaced Slash being a Slash wannabe...but thats not his fault.

Looking forward to what Slash played here

3 minutes ago, Alejandro GNR said:

They are a nice simple rock band. I dont hate DJ at all, just like him out of GnR. I like his “solo” songs (mi amor, ballad of death and bella vita)

I think we punish the guy cause he replaced Slash being a Slash wannabe...but thats not his fault.

I am a huge fan of Robin, Bumble, and Bucket

We "punish" him because he sucks

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

World-renowned producer, songwriter and multiplatinum recording artist, ASHBA introduces his unique version of EDM to the world with his debut single. As one of the rock industry’s most technically brilliant guitarists, ASHBA is the first artist to combine multiple genres with EDM into one unique, explosive sound.

Yuck:vomit:

16 minutes ago, Alejandro GNR said:

It's not his fault that he chose to be a Slash wannabe?!?!

26 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I am a huge fan of Robin, Bumble, and Bucket

We "punish" him because he sucks

He was the only guitarist I have seen that seemed to get worse as him time in the band progressed. In 2009/2010, there was still a lot of work to do, but it felt like he was on the way to getting where he needed to be (I also cut him some slack because Robin had some pretty rough nights in 2001/2002). That being said, when they came back in 2011, it seemed like his guitar playing took a backseat to his showboating antics. 

He's not a bad guitarist by any means, but has no "wow" factor that someone like Slash, Robin, or Buckethead did. Honestly, if Richard had gotten to play full lead (like he does now) and DJ got a role similar to Richard's in the 2002-2014 lineups (mainly rhythm guitar with a few big guitar "moments" sprinkled in throughout the show), people would probably view him a lot more positively. As it was, he took off way to big a bite trying to play lead in a band with Bumblefoot and Fortus. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

He's not the first artist to combine EDM and other stuff. Tom Morello did that already with his last solo album.