Do you go to concerts alone?

SAU3R

Do you go to concerts alone?   

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A lot of people find it weird when I tell them, that I go to concerts on my own. I enjoy seeing the bands I love and just focusing on them and their music  and not so much on other people. Sure, the waiting before a show can become a bit boring, but overall I think it's worth it. 

Also when I travel to other countries to see a show, I like exploring the city and the sights the way I want to.

Now I'm interested how many users on here feel the same. Do you go to concerts alone? 

• Like 2

Yes, have always been happy to. Going to see Aerosmith alone next year.

When I went to see Sabbath on my own, I took a book for the train journey. When security checked my bag, they found the book and I said "it's in case the band are no good". 

I saw Crue on my own on their last UK tour. I was around 26, and my dad still had a fit about me travelling to Newcastle on my own. So none of my family to this day know that I travelled to Florida myself in 2017. :lol:

• Haha 1

Unfortunately you can not always match holidays, money savings etc to go with friends. I have been to a few NITL shows with friends and a few on my own. I liked both experiences. I saw Axl/Dc alone and it was and still is my best concert experience ever. Just epic.

• Like 2

Also being born in 1998 doesn't help, 95% of my friends listen to pop/hip hop/rap/edm music and 99% don't want to pay the astronomical prices that GNR, The Stones or Aerosmith charge these days (which I fully understand) 

So usually I go either with my gf or my dad, but I'm happy with that 

I do sometimes. I don't really consider concerts or something like going to the cinema as a social activity because most of the time you're not talking to each other anyway, so whether the person next to me is a stranger or someone I came with, doesn't make a huge difference to me.

37 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Moz is still knocking about isn't he?

Yeah, i'd see him again, but he's probably the only one.

Just can't justify the insane cost anymore. That and I'm getting old. Nothing like having a nipper to suck the joy out of shit like live shows. I have my fill of overexcited screaming people invading my personal space at home without paying to be around it.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Towelie said:

Yeah, i'd see him again, but he's probably the only one.

Just can't justify the insane cost anymore. That and I'm getting old. Nothing like having a nipper to suck the joy out of shit like live shows. I have my fill of overexcited screaming people invading my personal space at home without paying to be around it.

You fucking knackered old cunt, where’s your dunkirk spirit, your spunk, your joy der vivree :lol: 

• Like 1

I've been to 25+ shows, last year, all but one of them was by myself.  I honestly don't mind it.  If worst comes to worst, while waiting to get inside, I try to do what I can to talk to the people around me about stuff if nothing comes out of it, then it's whatever.

• Like 2

Rarely, but yes.

First time was North Sea Jazz Festival 2009. I happened to be in the city because of work and it had BB King and Joe Bonamassa. Sure beats staying alone in a hotel room! 

After that I couldn't find anybody to go see Tom Petty in 2012. So I went alone. Turned out to be his last European tour before his death. SO glad that I went! Some of my mates are still bothered they didn't go at the time. 

Last year I went to two Heideroosjes reunion gigs. One of my favorite bands. They're a punk band that quit in 2012. It was awesome. I got into the pit and went stagediving (at 35). Shit was great. 

All great gigs, would go alone again if none of my friends are interested.