Virtual Festivals

Gordon Comstock

16 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Jack White is the only name I know on that bill. 

I would recommend checking out Cage the Elephant, Beach House (Zebra is a great song), Alt-J, Leon Bridges.

And definitely check out Nathaniel Rateliff.  His self-titled album Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats is my favourite album of the 2010s.  

• Like 2

I've enjoyed some Dead/Garcia related online festivals recently. And prior to that I became a deadhead over the pandemic, watching the weekly concert streams with @cineater :dance:

Theres lots of good streams on nugs. 

But festival streams can be a bit of a drag unless you can watch it on a portable device and move around during it, watch outside for a bit, etc. But they are really fun to know that you are taking part in an online event. :headbang:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats are playing their debut album in full tonight.

https://visiblexredrocks.com

@downzy

Awesome.  Thanks for letting me know.

Great week for online concerts.  I'll be watching this and checking out Pearl Jam's concert at Safeco field on September 4th.

https://www.nme.com/en_asia/news/music/first-of-pearl-jams-two-iconic-2018-home-shows-to-be-live-streamed-2729451

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2020 at 6:55 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I don't want to sit in front of my computer for 2 hours. I would rather a concert be on PPV and I can see it on my big screen tv.

Metallica just had a concert over the weekend. Not sure how much the tickets were?

Almost every virtual concert/festival I've seen so far has been hosted on a platform that can easily be watched on a TV. 

I've "attended" a few of these virtual festivals and concerts now over the Summer. Some have been better than others, and on the festivals you get a wildly varying level of quality of content. Wacken World Wide has been my favorite virtual festival so far - good to see some of their archival footage in HD, and a healthy dose of new performances for the streaming event. My favorite virtual concerts have still been the two the Dropkick Murphys have done though; their annual St. Paddy's Day gig done in a rehearsal studio, and then a few months later their livestream from Fenway Park.