Memoir of a Roadie Interview (GNR Roadie interview)

Very cool interview! Just listened.

He mentioned he made a film and Dizzy contributed to the sound track. I never knew Dizzy was on a soundtrack, will have to track that down. 

Many people he's worked for have passed away. We're really lucky to have all the guys still alive from Guns.

EDIT: forgot to mention theres some exciting Pink Floyd info at the end too!

Edited by soon
  • Like 1
On 8/21/2020 at 4:11 AM, Silverburst80 said:

Seems like a likeable fella, not the "hey i'll intoduce you to Axl if ya suck my dick" type. Great job if you can get it and it seemed to just fall in his lap!

Yeah, good interview and a nice guy. 

3 hours ago, Ratam said:

Interesting.

If this kind of non-story is the best he has to offer, then his book actually doesn't appear very interesting to me at first glance.

Though I guess I am mildly surprised that Axl seems to drink a lot of tea and even has a tea guy and opinions on what constitutes a good cup of tea. Axl didn't really strike me as a tea drinking kind of fella.

3 minutes ago, loke212 said:

If this kind of non-story is the best he has to offer, then his book actually doesn't appear very interesting to me at first glance.

Though I guess I am mildly surprised that Axl seems to drink a lot of tea and even has a tea guy and opinions on what constitutes a good cup of tea. Axl didn't really strike me as a tea drinking kind of fella.

It seems he started drinking tea during the Illusions days. He had mentioned that My World was the result of someone putting mushrooms in his tea.

There was also the story/rumour in 1993 that Axl had an offer do an ad for Lipton tea where he would say how tea helped his voice, but he declined (thankfully) :lol:

• Like 1
I just wanted to thank EVERYONE for all the support. Today Memoir of a Roadie hit the #1 spot on Amazon in the category of Bios of Actors & Entertainers. To put that into perspective... we beat out Dolly Parton, Jerry Seinfeld, Rob Halford, & Peter Frampton. THANK YOU MY MUSIC LOVING FRIENDS!

2 hours ago, loke212 said:

I refered as "interesting" about when he relate  as Axl's huge entourage, and it Cesar guy trying cut back expenses,and how get ride many these hangers that Axl had. An guy who flew to Rio just to make Axl tea, his only job..... Maybe "interesting"  isn't the appropriate word, but impressioned me it about it massive entourage, still when Axl not was on the his peak.

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, Ratam said:

I refered as "interesting" about when he relate  as Axl's huge entourage, and it Cesar guy trying cut back expenses,and how get ride many these hangers that Axl had. An guy who flew to Rio just to make Axl tea, his only job..... Maybe "interesting"  isn't the appropriate word, but impressioned me it about it massive entourage, still when Axl not was on the his peak.

I don't think Axl had someone exclusively for this even in the Illusions tour. In that tour it was part of Tom Mayhue's (Axl's tech) job:

Interviewer [inside Axl’s tent/dressing room]: This resembles something like an operating theatre. Does he take it through, everything you set up here?

Tom Mayhue: Basically we’ve got an oxygen rig with a humidifier, which puts moisture back in his throat during the show. Then later we’ll have assorted teas and things like that that he uses. It’s a make-up table with what-have-you - towels, mic stands, tea pot, you name it. We’ve got it all in here.

Interviewer: How many bottles of water does he get to drink during the show?

Tom Mayhue: Not too much water. It’s mainly teas.

Interviewer: Right. And he must be physically exhausted when he gets off. So you’ll have to sort of bring him back down.

Tom Mayhue: No, basically he’s got another group of people who handle him once he’s off stage. I just handle him during the onstage and performance time.

https://www.a-4-d.com/t3955-1993-05-31-the-o-zone-bbc-one-guns-n-roses-in-athens-slash-duff-matt-dizzy

Unless Tom had an assistant whose job was to make Axl's tea :lol: 

It's funny that in the video Tom's position is described as "Axl's on stage health consultant".

• Haha 3
37 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I don't think Axl had someone exclusively for this even in the Illusions tour. In that tour it was part of Tom Mayhue's (Axl's tech) job:

Interviewer [inside Axl’s tent/dressing room]: This resembles something like an operating theatre. Does he take it through, everything you set up here?

Tom Mayhue: Basically we’ve got an oxygen rig with a humidifier, which puts moisture back in his throat during the show. Then later we’ll have assorted teas and things like that that he uses. It’s a make-up table with what-have-you - towels, mic stands, tea pot, you name it. We’ve got it all in here.

Interviewer: How many bottles of water does he get to drink during the show?

Tom Mayhue: Not too much water. It’s mainly teas.

Interviewer: Right. And he must be physically exhausted when he gets off. So you’ll have to sort of bring him back down.

Tom Mayhue: No, basically he’s got another group of people who handle him once he’s off stage. I just handle him during the onstage and performance time.

https://www.a-4-d.com/t3955-1993-05-31-the-o-zone-bbc-one-guns-n-roses-in-athens-slash-duff-matt-dizzy

Unless Tom had an assistant whose job was to make Axl's tea :lol: 

It's funny that in the video Tom's position is described as "Axl's on stage health consultant".

Right, then i guess he is bit exaggerate.....:D

I have an interview with this guy next week and I would like some feedback...Doug Goldstein thinks this guy is lying about his history. What Doug texted me...

"Joel Miller says he was working for Axl in 2001, I left in 2004...how do I not know him?"

"He didn't know Beta's name, everyone knew her name."

"He says he was spending 20 hours a day on the making of Chinese Democracy. I used to go to the studio and don't ever remember meeting this guy."

He also texted Michelle Young who worked for STP, who Joel also said he worked for and she said "No clue who that guy is."

....thoughts???

• Wow 1
17 minutes ago, Gambit83 said:

I have an interview with this guy next week and I would like some feedback...Doug Goldstein thinks this guy is lying about his history. What Doug texted me...

"Joel Miller says he was working for Axl in 2001, I left in 2004...how do I not know him?"

"He says he was spending 20 hours a day on the making of Chinese Democracy. I used to go to the studio and don't ever remember meeting this guy."

He also texted Michelle Young who worked for STP, who Joel also said he worked for and she said "No clue who that guy is."

....thoughts???

Does he have some photos of his time working there?

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
4 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Does he have some photos of his time working there?

I will ask. Doug said to ask if he had any itinerary - hotel/gig/flight info, that he should have from Vegas and Rio 01. Doug said he would bet $100 he doesn't....and Joel responded by saying he doesn't  and he changed all the roadies names in the book. 

Of course I want to believe this guy...would be very weird to make up this book, but Doug is making a case and wants to protect the fans.

• Like 2
22 hours ago, Blackstar said:

It seems he started drinking tea during the Illusions days. He had mentioned that My World was the result of someone putting mushrooms in his tea.

There was also the story/rumour in 1993 that Axl had an offer do an ad for Lipton tea where he would say how tea helped his voice, but he declined (thankfully) :lol:

Thankfully, yes :lol:

But makes sense that he probably started drinking tea as a health/"help his voice" type of thing during that time. Also sort of fits with the alternative medicine/new age stuff he was so involved in back then.

• Like 2
56 minutes ago, Gambit83 said:

I will ask. Doug said to ask if he had any itinerary - hotel/gig/flight info, that he should have from Vegas and Rio 01. Doug said he would bet $100 he doesn't....and Joel responded by saying he doesn't  and he changed all the roadies names in the book. 

Of course I want to believe this guy...would be very weird to make up this book, but Doug is making a case and wants to protect the fans.

It would be a legendary story in itself if this DOES get exposed and it turns out this whole book is sci-fi lmao. Would be hilarious to listen to your interview then also.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Gambit83 said:

Interview him as “the real deal”, if he’s full of shit, it will soon be revealed. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

It would be pretty hilarious if this DOES get exposed and it turns out this whole book is sci-fi lmao. That would be a legendary story in itself, too

...I asked for pics and he responded by asking for my number? I offered Zoom. He said no worries and that we'll talk during our interview Tuesday. Odd?  :question:

31 minutes ago, Gambit83 said:

...I asked for pics and he responded by asking for my number? I offered Zoom. He said no worries and that we'll talk during our interview Tuesday. Odd?  :question:

Only odd if he wanted to call you I think. Maybe he wants it to add you on Whatsapp to send them, you can add people through their number there. But only guessing here

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Gambit83 said:

....thoughts???

Maybe he didn't want to refer to Beta by name.

• Like 1