Memoir of a Roadie Interview (GNR Roadie interview)

3 hours ago, loke212 said:

Thankfully, yes :lol:

But makes sense that he probably started drinking tea as a health/"help his voice" type of thing during that time. Also sort of fits with the alternative medicine/new age stuff he was so involved in back then.

Yeah, i remember Axl was drinking ginger tea to help his voice.

• Like 1

I bought the kindle version of the book a few hours ago, I've read only the GNR related part so far and it sounded believable to me.  I don't think the fact that he doesn't refer to Beta by name is suspicious in itself, because even if he didn't know her name he could easily find it and put it in the book for credibility purposes. He refers to Tom Mayhue with an alias and one time with his first name. He mentions Doug once or twice but he doesn't say he ever talked to him.

He was supposed to be part of an outside crew team that was hired only for the House of Blues and RIR shows.

He doesn't mention any other direct interaction with Axl besides what is in the excerpt in the article above. He says that one time before that he picked up the phone in the studio (although he wasn't supposed to) and it was Axl, but he didn't realise it and hung up on him and then he was told that Axl was pissed off and wanted the "idiot" who hung up on him to be fired. He says he watched the rehearsals though and references some comments Axl made during them, also some incidents during the rehearsals in Rio (without Axl) - an incident with Brain in particular.

He has a picture from RIR in the book where one of the crew members watching from the side of the stage is supposed to be him, also a picture of a crew pass (?). He also describes the hotel in Rio. 

So I don't know...

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

He also has a picture of an All Access pass from HoB with his name on it.

The GnR studio he refers to was the rehearsal studio (Mates), not the recording studio (which was Village at the time).

There are a quite a few pictures of himself from that time in the book (not in relation to his GNR job apart from the one in Rio) and a lot of stuff from STP (pictures of itineraries etc.) as well as from the Cranberries and Poison.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

He also has a picture of an All Access pass from HoB with his name on it.

The GnR studio he refers to was the rehearsal studio (Mates), not the recording studio (which was Village at the time).

There are a quite a few pictures of himself from that time in the book (not in relation to his GNR job apart from the one in Rio) and a lot of stuff from STP (pictures of itineraries etc.) as well as from the Cranberries and Poison.

I don't think he make up it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Amaya said:

I listened to the interview. I read the other one. He was young and serious. Lucky break. It seems like a good read, light, friendly, funny stories.

I am going to assume, by the two interviews, this is a book that avoids the “ wild stories” since he was not in the band, why try to get a lawsuit. 
In his interview, he spoke a lot about life on the road for roadies and then the downtime between breaks  . A lil human interest there. I like what he said about if he was still with it, he be higher on the totem pole and that it is hard work, busy work.

@Blackstar after  reading the whole book, is the one to give the best review.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, ChrisMaciel said:

I'm sure that all the mysteries of Axl’ s voice are related to the teas. from 2011 to ca, I only saw him drinking water onstage.

#BRINGBACKTEAS

New age Axl and teas makes sense. Axl was given a lot of wonky advice regarding health prior to the internet being a source of debunking fringe medical opinions. There was once a “no salt” Axl, which is silly since Iodine is an essential.