Does a unopened Chinese Democracy on vinyl from at least 2010 have any value?

I was in Barnes and Noble and I got a Chinese Democracy on Vinyl  in their 1/2 price bin, I kind of want to open it but I also figure it might be kind of rare as Vinyl's weren't as big of a deal 10 years ago and a unopened one might be rarer, think I am better off leaving it unopened? 

Also anyway to know what kind of pressing it was without opening it? I know CD came out in 2008 and this says it is from 2010 so it is doubtful it is a first pressing

118307947_2746788642199681_8953933443746

Edited by k12
  • Wow 1

What does it say on the back cover, in the fine print? I don't think any copies were actually pressed in 2010, the date on the sticker could be when that batch of records was sent to retailers or something.

If it's a US pressing (has a FBI anti-piracy logo below the tracklisting) it's worth maybe $25, if it's a European pressing then maybe a little more.

30 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

What does it say on the back cover, in the fine print? I don't think any copies were actually pressed in 2010, the date on the sticker could be when that batch of records was sent to retailers or something.

If it's a US pressing (has a FBI anti-piracy logo below the tracklisting) it's worth maybe $25, if it's a European pressing then maybe a little more.

it does have the FBI piracy thing

12 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Isn't the FBI thing on all pressings? Discogs has the Europe release listed as 0602517906136 which is the version I have, but mine also has the FBI warning on it. I've kept mine unopened, but now worried I have the "warped" crap pressing!!!

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

According to discogs,

US:

R-1593870-1543173109-6142.jpeg.jpg

Europe:

R-1913716-1498494231-4884.jpeg.jpg

Looks like I have a US pressing then, hilarious. Had it years. The barcode made me think it was an EU pressing, and the FBI thing was on there as a gimmick or carried over from the US artwork, with just the barcode changed.

Cheers btw 

Edited by ToonGuns
Cheers btw
  • GNFNR 1

I bought a vinyl at Best Buy on release day. Didn't open it, probably never will.

Come to think of it, I haven't listened to Chinese Democracy from start to finish in probably seven or eight years now. There's a lot of material that doesn't hold up, in my opinion, along with the whole "this isn't really Guns N' Roses" thing.

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

I bought a vinyl at Best Buy on release day. Didn't open it, probably never will.

Come to think of it, I haven't listened to Chinese Democracy from start to finish in probably seven or eight years now. There's a lot of material that doesn't hold up, in my opinion, along with the whole "this isn't really Guns N' Roses" thing.

I'm happy that album's never made any money off me

• 4 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

Opened my USA vinyl this past weekend. Bought it from a cool second hand store in Brussels a few years back. €22. Always figured it was the EU version but, as discovered thanks to @Gordon Comstockabove, it isn't. Anyway- artwork underwhelming, sound quality (last song each side) shite.

It’s such a botch-job....just like he overall release. I honestly can’t believe how defected the last songs are....the facts it’s out of print as well is a joke. Repress it with choice of covers (Bike, Red Hand or Grenade) and take my money. Easy money.

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

It’s such a botch-job....just like he overall release. I honestly can’t believe how defected the last songs are....the facts it’s out of print as well is a joke. Repress it with choice of covers (Bike, Red Hand or Grenade) and take my money. Easy money.

Throw in Atlas as a vinyl-only bonus.