Is it worth buying a ticket for 2021?

1 hour ago, Tomek1985 said:

Then dont. But we will.

Very adult attitude to the guy's serious post. 

Hopefully if it's still unsafe 'we' (or more accurately 'you' as most of us would prefer the priority to be getting a virus under control than attending a concert) will be stopped from attending. 

If attitudes such as yours abound though, I fear it could be even longer before concerts are allowed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tomek1985 said:

Then dont. But we will.

I'm not telling people want to do. Only expressing my views.People can do whatever they want. If you want to buy a ticket please feel free. I understand that people will and I have nothing against those people. I genuinely hope the concerts all sell well, Axl is on form, and you have an amazing time.

But my wife's uncle, someone that attended my wedding, has died of COVID, and we have other family members who have also succumbed, so forgive me for being slightly risk averse in the current climate.

I'm assuming by your name that you were born in 1985, so I would have thought a more mature and reasoned reponse would be possible. Why even bother replying at all? The only post here that requires a "LOL" is this one.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2020 at 9:05 AM, Original said:

Zero cure for common cold, cancer, aids, influenza

Vaccines aren't cures.  And there are plenty of vaccines for viruses.  

On 8/23/2020 at 7:21 AM, allwaystired said:

If the shows happen it will be very easy to get a ticket a couple of days before, as sales are very weak, and you'll most likely get one for a cheap price. 

Essentially this.

GNR are playing in stadiums that have far more audience capacity than actual demand relative to ticket prices. 

They will need to drop ticket prices if they want to come anywhere close to selling out these venues.  Buying when tickets first go on sale guarantees you the seats you want, but you'll pay a premium for such a luxury.

You're far better off waiting until the day before or day of and taking advantage of people trying to unload tickets or the promoter discounting tickets to max revenues.  

If it was a Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd reunion then buying early makes sense.  For a band like GNR, you're far better off waiting until the last minute.

I would also be surprised if we're back to normal next year. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, allwaystired said:

If attitudes such as yours abound though, I fear it could be even longer before concerts are allowed. 

It doesnt mater what you think or what I think. There are some people,including myself, who will go see  the band no mater what. Who gives you aby right to tell me what to think or what to do? Have your fears or not, I dont give a shirt. Covid will always be around and it is my choice to take the risk and yours not to take it. Maybe Im a lunatic but on the other hand you may be coward. Who know. Just Look at the statistics and choose for yourself.

10 minutes ago, Tomek1985 said:

It doesnt mater what you think or what I think. There are some people,including myself, who will go see  the band no mater what. Who gives you aby right to tell me what to think or what to do? Have your fears or not, I dont give a shirt. Covid will always be around and it is my choice to take the risk and yours not to take it. Maybe Im a lunatic but on the other hand you may be coward. Who know. Just Look at the statistics and choose for yourself.

Good luck going to see the band 'no matter what' if the gigs don't happen. 

Fortunately, it isn't your choice "to take the risk". The decision is firmly out of your hands. Thank goodness. 

• Like 1

I'd wait at least until the beginning of next year (hoping we make it to then!) I recently got my refund back from the date here in DFW that was cancelled. I bought it a week before our state freaked out and started shutting everything down back in March. And this was gonna be my first time seeing the band live :cry:

We will see what the end of this year brings. If not corona then who knows what other events could take its place, seeing as how things have progressed so far. Not to mention the US election coming up which could spur some big, bad events.

But hey, if its all isolated in the states, guess that means you guys overseas will be lucky to get a tour huh? :lol::ph34r:

At this point even if dates were going ahead I'd be fairly on the fence about seeing gnr. This whole covid time period has not done anything for my opinion of the band. 

When it is proven safe to do so, I will go back to seeing concerts. I'll buy tickets closer to the date at first before going back to normal. Hopefully most people are on the same page.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2020 at 10:18 PM, AppetiteForDestruction said:

Had tickets to philly and since philly wasn’t rescheduled, I was planning on going to the Washington Date. Should I buy tickets Now or should I wait?

I've noticed for any Dallas show, GNR doesn't sell out quickly until the few weeks ahead. I would check how the shows are selling, but if you want very good seats I would get them when you can. If this concert is cancelled you'll get your money back.

No Dallas/Arlington date either, but since GNR sells out usually by the date, I'm hoping they will get a new concert date by next year.

Good luck!

51 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

At this point even if dates were going ahead I'd be fairly on the fence about seeing gnr. This whole covid time period has not done anything for my opinion of the band. 

When it is proven safe to do so, I will go back to seeing concerts. I'll buy tickets closer to the date at first before going back to normal. Hopefully most people are on the same page.

I really want to see GNR at least one more time. I'm not sure how good next year will be, but if GNR come back to the Dallas area, I will buy those tickets yet again.

46 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I've noticed for any Dallas show, GNR doesn't sell out quickly until the few weeks ahead. I would check how the shows are selling, but if you want very good seats I would get them when you can. If this concert is cancelled you'll get your money back.

No Dallas/Arlington date either, but since GNR sells out usually by the date, I'm hoping they will get a new concert date by next year.

Good luck!

I really want to see GNR at least one more time. I'm not sure how good next year will be, but if GNR come back to the Dallas area, I will buy those tickets yet again.

With a safe environment and a new album I'm there too.

Edited by Tom2112

I have no fears about going to a concert, but I do have fears that if I put money down now, there's no guarantee at the moment that the gig will go ahead. 

Until I see a few back, I don't think that will change in my mind.

At the very least, pay on a credit card so if it falls through, you can claim the money back via your bank (at least in the UK, that protection exists, unsure on other countries)

6 hours ago, allwaystired said:

How about a safe environment and no new album? 

That's the most likely scenario I'd say (assuming they happen, they'd have to be safe). 

how about a new album and an unsafe environment because people are just moshing the f out to WTTJ pt. 2. 

nobody needs to hear SCOM again... we get it... hair eyes... blue sky... wrap it up

Edited by Ant

5 minutes ago, Ant said:

nobody needs to hear SCOM again... we get it... hair eyes... blue sky... wrap it up

I'm sorry, but that's bs and you know it. GNR doesn't have that many signature songs (or that many songs so the signature songs can't be played), but SCOM is a must at every concert. Even if we're sick and tired of it.

28 minutes ago, Carlson-online said:

At the very least, pay on a credit card so if it falls through, you can claim the money back via your bank (at least in the UK, that protection exists, unsure on other countries)

It doesn't.

On 23.8.2020 at 3:46 PM, ToonGuns said:

Suit yourself by "LOL" ing at my views, but my wife is pregnant, I have a breathing issue, and two members of my wife's family have died of COVID. So people can LOL at me as much as they want, but until there's a vaccine I wont be sharing a sweaty mosh pit with 10,000 others.

I think he's LOLing at the prospect/anticipation of there ever being a working vaccine for covid. Who's to say that there will be one, when there is none for the previously mentioned diseases? And they've been trying since decades to create one.

On 23.8.2020 at 3:54 PM, Original said:

Well I’m sorry for your situation but I just wouldn’t hold breath for a vaccine.  They’ve been working for decades on other vaccines and no go.  Good luck.  

Oops. You already said it. Yeah. If we're being realistic, with a bit of doom and gloom. We're fucked. ;)

On 24.8.2020 at 4:17 PM, downzy said:

You're far better off waiting until the day before or day of and taking advantage of people trying to unload tickets or the promoter discounting tickets to max revenues.  

Yes. Or that backfires and they cancel the show, because there are way to many empty seats and they don't want to risk a loss. Like Hamburg and Vienna for example. Or the US Shows that haven't been rescheduled.

32 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

I think he's LOLing at the prospect/anticipation of there ever being a working vaccine for covid. Who's to say that there will be one, when there is none for the previously mentioned diseases? And they've been trying since decades to create one.

Oops. You already said it. Yeah. If we're being realistic, with a bit of doom and gloom. We're fucked. ;)

Haha, yeah probably. Overreaction on my part maybe. However I'm more optimistic of a working vaccine by the end of 2021 than I am a new Guns record! Although having both would be the dream.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yes. Or that backfires and they cancel the show, because there are way to many empty seats and they don't want to risk a loss. Like Hamburg and Vienna for example. Or the US Shows that haven't been rescheduled.

Even though my show was cancelled, I still sort of think that's a good thing in a couple of ways. It sends a message across that a) tickets are too expensive and b) some change is needed as the casuals have all ticked the GNR box and moved on. 

Obviously I'd rather the shows had gone ahead, but looking at the positives, it might help things in the longer term. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ant said:

how about a new album and an unsafe environment because people are just moshing the f out to WTTJ pt. 2. 

By 'moshing the f out' you mean 'standing stock still like a dope filming it on their phone' I presume! The modern version of moshing. Crowds are ludicrously tame these days'- watch a video of any band live from the 90s and the difference is insane! 

Yeah I could take never ever hearing SCOM ever again. But there's no chance they will ever play a show and not do it, so it is what it is! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, allwaystired said:

How about a safe environment and no new album? 

That's the most likely scenario I'd say (assuming they happen, they'd have to be safe). 

Not really interested without something fresh, so it's either a crazy unpredictable setlist (with the hits too)... or it's a new album tour. I'm not pushed seeing them again besides either of those things happening. 

I've been to Axl & co 5 times over the years, and I think I've seen their best show that I'll see from them (2006)... I don't feel the need to see more of the same. I'll happily go to other concerts when things are safe though.

18 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Not really interested without something fresh, so it's either a crazy unpredictable setlist (with the hits too)... or it's a new album tour. I'm not pushed seeing them again besides either of those things happening. 

I've been to Axl & co 5 times over the years, and I think I've seen their best show that I'll see from them (2006)... I don't feel the need to see more of the same. I'll happily go to other concerts when things are safe though.

Yeah, I see that logic totally. Especially considering the price of tickets. 

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Yeah, I see that logic totally. Especially considering the price of tickets. 

Yrah they have us by the short and curlies, either miss these great legacy bands on their last few breathes or go and get fleeced! 

In 2006 I paid €60, in 2012 €85? I mean that was a lot for a ticket now the average price is €120... so you really do have to be picky when you only have a certain amount of disposable cash and time for entertainment.

Who knows though! Maybe there's no concerts next year too, so by 2022 or late 2021 I'll be gagging for a concert and break and see gnr on leg 50 of NITL

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Yrah they have us by the short and curlies, either miss these great legacy bands on their last few breathes or go and get fleeced! 

In 2006 I paid €60, in 2012 €85? I mean that was a lot for a ticket now the average price is €120... so you really do have to be picky when you only have a certain amount of disposable cash and time for entertainment.

Who knows though! Maybe there's no concerts next year too, so by 2022 or late 2021 I'll be gagging for a concert and break and see gnr on leg 50 of NITL

I thought they were cheaper than that in 2006 and 2012. I might be misremembering though. 

I can't imagine how it's going to go down if/when the tour starts again and they do the same setlist (maybe with something like You're Crazy chucked in). It would seem an insane thing to do.....but I can see it happening. 

8 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I thought they were cheaper than that in 2006 and 2012. I might be misremembering though. 

I can't imagine how it's going to go down if/when the tour starts again and they do the same setlist (maybe with something like You're Crazy chucked in). It would seem an insane thing to do.....but I can see it happening. 

Yeah I'm fairly sure about 2006, and I remember a noticeable jump in 2012... which considering 2010 was a brave move😄

Yeah. We have said it for years, but each year they come back and it's the same show. All through the CD era, and it's not likely to change. It's one set for the duration of the tour,  so hopefully they come back with a new tour otherwise there's no hope. I think they will be it would be insane not to link the poor sales with the repetitive show. Only time will tell.

• Like 1