Unreleased songs or just jams?

2 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Years ago an insider here who posted lyrics allegedly or assumingly from Soul Monster (stars don't look the same - still have my soul to blame, or whatever) said Axl rejected many if not all post-Bucket lineup new songs and the band played them live or during rehearsals as a light form of protest.  

By 'rejecting' them, he means didn't finish them.

• Haha 2

Well GNR teases us with some music before its released.

Prostitute was played as intro of NR.

The General was used as intro of the gig.

So I think that the intro of 2002 of the north american trek could be a Beltramis work, also the slowly piano solo that Axl used to play before  NR the same year.

He did some orchestra arrengements in october 2002 so could be a possibility.

5 hours ago, Finck2006 said:

Well GNR teases us with some music before its released.

Prostitute was played as intro of NR.

The General was used as intro of the gig.

So I think that the intro of 2002 of the north american trek could be a Beltramis work, also the slowly piano solo that Axl used to play before  NR the same year.

He did some orchestra arrengements in october 2002 so could be a possibility.

Interesting, so I've read so many times that some of those jams before a song were actually brand new unheared/unreleased songs, right? That explains "Prostitute" or even "The Asshole Song". Twice or so, Axl played a little melody at the piano and stops; and he did it faster then. Some people said that was an instrumental base on piano of the verse of "Atlas Shrugged" but for me, it was the verse of "There Was a Time". Also, in 2011 or so, the band jammed (plus Axl) a sweet little melody, but heavier, with cool elements of it. It was deleted from YouTube I think, but it was freakin' amazing. C'mon. That was not a simple jam; it was actually a song! I hope someone can link the video or send me a PM of that.

• Haha 1